• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Packfill said:

So the Marvin Williams experience has soured you on draft picks with more "potential" than production?

Not just Marvin.  Pretty sure I'm safe saying KB would say that about more than half of the top 5 picks over the last 5 years.

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

I just want to see better basketball players come into the league than the shit that has been getting picked with high draft picks recently.

Man I didn't want them to tank either but they are, so you gotta roll with it. They've picked a path and (hopefully) they'll stick with it. If we're gonna tank, might as well do it right. You ain't just beating a dead horse, you're putting that thing through the grinder Fargo style.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Man I didn't want them to tank either but they are, so you gotta roll with it. They've picked a path and (hopefully) they'll stick with it. If we're gonna tank, might as well do it right. You ain't just beating a dead horse, you're putting that thing through the grinder Fargo style.

So, we shouldn't talk about how stupid the strategy they have employed as far as team building is?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

So, we shouldn't talk about how stupid the strategy they have employed as far as team building is?

What is there to talk about? Seriously. You repeat the same things non stop on a daily basis. We get it. You don't agree with rebuilding. We get it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

What is there to talk about? Seriously. You repeat the same things non stop on a daily basis. We get it. You don't agree with rebuilding. We get it.

Correction.

I don't agree with tanking (i.e....intentionally fielding a bad roster just to get a high draft pick).  That's not rebuilding.  Rebuilding is what Danny Ferry did.  He got rid of some bad contracts and replaced them with undervalued assets from other organizations.  He didn't rely upon losing a bunch of games just to get a high draft pick.  His worst team still made the playoffs during the rebuild, but that rebuild produced Paul Millsap, DeMarre Carroll, an improved Jeff Teague...etc.  

Travis Schlenk didn't do that.  He has done what Sam Hinkie did.....intentionally field a terrible team to increase the chances of landing a high draft pick.  IT WILL NOT WORK OUT THE WAY MOST PEOPLE THINK IT WILL!!!  There will not be a good outcome from his decision.  It's going to cost this organization it's best asset, Mike Budenholzer, and it is likely that another GM will have to come and and rebuild Travis's rebuild.

44 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Correction.

I don't agree with tanking (i.e....intentionally fielding a bad roster just to get a high draft pick).  That's not rebuilding.  Rebuilding is what Danny Ferry did.  He got rid of some bad contracts and replaced them with undervalued assets from other organizations.  He didn't rely upon losing a bunch of games just to get a high draft pick.  His worst team still made the playoffs during the rebuild, but that rebuild produced Paul Millsap, DeMarre Carroll, an improved Jeff Teague...etc.  

imagegif

• Moderators

Schlenk is not doing what Philly did. At all.  They are the same kind of tanking like AI and Stockton were the same kind of PG.  If we did the Philly method, Prince and Dennis would be gone.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Schlenk is not doing what Philly did. At all.  They are the same kind of tanking like AI and Stockton were the same kind of PG.  If we did the Philly method, Prince and Dennis would be gone.

Did Philly intentionally field a terrible roster to get a high draft pick?  Yes.

Has Travis intentionally fielded a terrible roster to get a high draft pick?  Yes.

Same.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Did Philly intentionally field a terrible roster to get a high draft pick?  Yes.

Has Travis intentionally fielded a terrible roster to get a high draft pick?  Yes.

Same.

Lmao

Did Reggie Miller shoot a deep 3?  Did Shaq shoot a deep 3?  Same.

No.  Commonality on basic design but very significant differences in execution.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Lmao

Did Reggie Miller shoot a deep 3?  Did Shaq shoot a deep 3?  Same.

No.  Commonality on basic design but very significant differences in execution.

It's tanking regardless, and tanking is never the right or smart strategy to employ.

Let me tell you what the Philly method REALLY is. It's trading YOUNG talent and making it seem like you're perpetually tanking. You need more than one year in ANY situation to jump to a conclusion and NO situation is fluidly straight up the same thing. It's not oh you're tanking or oh you're a decent team, you deserve to be celebrated!

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

It's tanking regardless, and tanking is never the right or smart strategy to employ.

I'm fine with you calling both strategies tanking and saying all tanking is bad.  Just don't overeach and say they are doing the same thing.  Trying to win with uptempo offense is a label that applies to lots of teams like tanking but there are very different flavors of those strategies.

• Like 1