• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ta-ta, Georgia Dome!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

1200px-GeorgiaDome_md.jpg

It's about to go down! Check it out on TV or online in the next few seconds, as the Georgia Dome is about to become rubble.

What were your favorite or most memroable  moments in the Georgia Dome? My faves were the 2017 NFC title game, Kerri Strug, Hawks vs. Bulls, and June Jones vs. Jeff George!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

Whoo! Down she goes! And up goes a LOT of dust!

One other, as I'm jogging my memory: the 2008 SEC tournament during the tornado! Oh, and the '96 Dream Team!

That was my first place to visit as a tourist in the summer of '94.

~lw3

• Moderators

I've been around for lots of these implosions, and this one looks to have gone as swimmingly well as I've seen! One tiny section is still standing, but Northside Drive is almost debris-free! A great job in a town that's a master for taking stuff down. The Benz right next door, of course, held up strong, no obvious issues there.

~lw3

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

What were your favorite or most memroable  moments in the Georgia Dome?

Would say watching several years of Georgia State Panthers football games there but....

• Like 1

Only 25 years old and died already. :sad:

I  don't follow atl news, but I'm sure they alerted  and reminded folks of the implosion.  I wasn't thinking about the date, and residents who forgot had to be shook!

I caught a Cards game early on and later a Hawks vs Magic when Nique was a Magic, 

A another collapse like Febr.....

• Like 1