• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Suns

lethalweapon3

8 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Which one? Ulis, Knight or Isaiah Thomas?

Knight is the one, who looks like Lou Williams’ little brother.  He still in the league? 

Couldn’t believe the stat ESPN dug so hard for to illustrate how “bad” of a loss this was: the league was 326-0 this year in games where they led by 10 with 3 minutes to go.  Now 326-1.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

In the last ~1:30 Dennis missed a FT, got called for a charge, and then went for 2 when we needed a 3. Bazemore turned it over and fouled a 3pt shooter. Plumlee went 0-2 at the line. This loss is not on Bud. You can say Collins should have been in the game instead of Plumlee, but Collins was struggling and Plumlee was having one of his better games. I still rather see Collins play for development purposes, but I can't complain too much when we got the result we needed. I liked that he was being more aggressive with his jumper even if it wasn't falling.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, High5 said:

In the last ~1:30 Dennis missed a FT, got called for a charge, and then went for 2 when we needed a 3. Bazemore turned it over and fouled a 3pt shooter. Plumlee went 0-2 at the line. This loss is not on Bud. You can say Collins should have been in the game instead of Plumlee, but Collins was struggling and Plumlee was having one of his better games. I still rather see Collins play for development purposes, but I can't complain too much when we got the result we needed. I liked that he was being more aggressive with his jumper even if it wasn't falling.  

Yep...Same ole story, when they Win, it's because of Bud's genius but when they lose, it's the players fault.   This was the exact some story line for Smith.

2 hours ago, High5 said:

You put Collins in the game because he can make FTs, and because that play at the end is a play that should go to Collins.

Collins should ALWAYS be in at the end of games, regardless of the circumstances.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I was following on my phone and stopped around the three minute mark, figuring it was a win. I assumed we won until earlier this afternoon. Good news!

• Like 2

Knight is the one, who looks like Lou Williams’ little brother.  He still in the league? 

Couldn’t believe the stat ESPN dug so hard for to illustrate how “bad” of a loss this was: the league was 326-0 this year in games where they led by 10 with 3 minutes to go.  Now 326-1.

Apparently this loss ended a 400-game win streak for the Hawks in those situations that has lasted for 20 seasons. Hard to believe, you would have thought Josh would have lost us a game during his tenure.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, nathan2331 said:
11 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Apparently this loss ended a 400-game win streak for the Hawks in those situations that has lasted for 20 seasons. Hard to believe, you would have thought Josh would have lost us a game during his tenure.

I wonder what this stat looks like when you are up by 8 or 9. I’m sure you’d find some games that Josh blew there.

• Like 2