• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young

bleachkit

You're looking at the best pure shooter and passer in the draft here (no matter what his shooting numbers say ROS, because he takes tons of stupid shots) but otherwise, there are red flags all over the place on him.

Pass now. Most likely top 10 player to bust.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

You're looking at the best pure shooter and passer in the draft here (no matter what his shooting numbers say ROS, because he takes tons of stupid shots) but otherwise, there are red flags all over the place on him.

Pass now. Most likely top 10 player to bust.

I don't mind his team getting blown out nearly as much as I have a hard time seeing the "everything goes through me" style translating well to a contender in the NBA.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 10:40 AM, capstone21 said:

He is a Lou Williams / Isaiah Thomas type ... he is a 6th man spark plug ... comes in and gets the offense going ... I don't want us to use our pick on him ... especially with so many special big men that are going to be avaliable 

I’d venture to say he’s a better passer and playmaker than both Lou and IT. So i don’t think that’s a great comparison 

• Like 1

The stats are shocking when you look at shot # and percentages, but comping Trae to Isaiah Thomas and especially Lou Williams...is giving him no credit at all.

Part of the reason for the shot # is the team...he didn't act like this when he played ball with Michael Porter Jr.

There are major worries with him but his shooting and passing are real.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DBac said:

I can't help but look at Trae and see a good fit for the style being played today (3s and layups) and an amazing partner for John Collins in the PnR. Not to mention he'll put butts in seats.

Flame-Flame_on.jpg

He is my #3 prospect in this draft.  

I agree.  You put him in Bud's system where he can utilize space and the pick and roll, and you will have a dynamic offensive play maker that will make both John Collins and Taurean Prince better.   

There will definitely be some issues defensively, but you can hide players on the perimeter defensively.  Taurean will get better defensively.  His defense right now is effort driven, and a lot of that effort or lack thereof has everything to do with the losing environment he is now in.  The Hawks may even be able to draft a three and D guard to partner up with Trae Young this year.  

Trae Young would 100% get sent to Erie if Bud has his way. I'm really worried because Bud didn't seem to like Lou Williams and I see Trae Young as a similar player just with a higher upside. I could easily see him as a 6th man due to his inability to run an NBA offense because everything can't run through him at the NBA level and win consistently so he has to learn to play off ball. Bud would definitely have his work cut out for him but if Bud can help him click we have an all star PG that can fill it up.

Edited by davis171

11 hours ago, davis171 said:

Trae Young would 100% get sent to Erie if Bud has his way. I'm really worried because Bud didn't seem to like Lou Williams and I see Trae Young as a similar player just with a higher upside. I could easily see him as a 6th man due to his inability to run an NBA offense because everything can't run through him at the NBA level and win consistently so he has to learn to play off ball. Bud would definitely have his work cut out for him but if Bud can help him click we have an all star PG that can fill it up.

Lou Williams has never been the passer that Trae Young is.  That's a lazy comparison.  Trae Young is an elite passer.  He's not a combo guard.

Just now, KB21 said:

Lou Williams has never been the passer that Trae Young is.  That's a lazy comparison.  Trae Young is an elite passer.  He's not a combo guard.

I agree I'm talking floor but doesn't mean he can run an NBA offense. The guy has several red flags to me his shooting % have dropped every month. (Ik they are keying on him but still....) I think Bud is a great coach and would be good for him though. It wouldn't be a bad pick by any means unless Bud won't play him due to defense and Young gets mad which is really why I brought up Lou.