• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't #FreeBembry Just Yet...

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Even Dwight is like, "wowwwwwww..."

Yeah, we asked the cops what he was driving -- a purple Dodge Charger. 

The Atlanta Police Dept. tells us ... cops were monitoring speed on the I-85 around 12:20 AM when Bembry's purple speed machine came blazing through ... so they tracked him down and pulled him over. 

The 23-year-old -- who was a 1st round pick in the 2016 NBA Draft -- was arrested for reckless driving and speeding. 

~lw3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

I believe that in some states going that much over the speed limit is regarded as a felony.  

Digging around, I didn't see a felony for excessive speeding in GA, at least not for incidents that didn't lead to vehicular homicide charges. But in 2010, I see the State enacted a "Super Speeder" law, imposing heavier fines on convicted misdemeanor drivers that drove at least 75-85 mph, depending on the road. As long as he pays his fines on time, as far as the State is concerned, it's not a biggie.

https://dds.georgia.gov/reinstatement-faqs-super-speeder

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

One report says I-85 and the other says 23... One is a lot more atrocious that the other.  73 over on the interstate is crazy but 73 over on city street should get him jail time and benching down in G-league.

Sounds like he was breaking in the Hellcat.

THANKFULLY, MC clarified it was on the Interstate and not on Atlanta's historically deadliest roadway for mid-block-crossing pedestrians.

If anywhere, I also hope it was on the actual Interstate, and not on the I-85 "Buford Highway Connector" (the one featured prominently alongside last spring's fire / section collapse), where seemingly everybody drives like they have a spare butt at home.

~lw3

• Like 3

• Moderators
14 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Y’all didn’t know that Atlanta Motor Speedway and 285 are the same thing? I could have sworn I saw Kyle Busch passing Kasey Kahne near the 85 connector the other day.

They can just take a bunch of left turns and keep going Pasquel Perez style.

• Like 3

On 2/9/2018 at 4:57 PM, Eddielives said:

Crap like this makes it hard to like a person.  Driving like that is far more dangerous than someone driving the speed limit but had 3 bud lights at dinner.  What a douche.

Actually, that's not true.   You rarely hear of someone sober traveling at a high rate of speed, getting into an accident and killing someone.  If anything, they'll kill themselves.  Tipsy / drunk drivers kill other people.

So if he's a douche for driving fast . . . is the coach a douche for drinking wine, then driving?

• Premium Member

I hate seeing news like this. I was really looking forward to seeing him develop this year, but it’s been a season filled with injuries and poor play. When you see young players making poor choices like this off the court it is worrisome.