• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jaren Jackson Jr

capstone21

• Moderators
3 hours ago, KB21 said:

Green is the best power forward in the NBA.  Paul Millsap is 2nd best.  We had him, but you know, we decided to suck for several years instead of keep the 2nd best power forward in the NBA.

Our rookie has produced more than year than Sap has.  Anthony Davis is clearly the best PF this season.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He absolutely IS better than Anthony Davis.  How many playoffs has Davis lead his team to?  I thought so.

If that’s your criteria then Draymond has led the Warriors to 0. Steph is the most important player on that team, even now.

But AD has led them to one playoff appearance where he averaged 31 10 and 3 on Draymond on 54% shooting. He’s absurd. 

Looking like they’ll make it back this year, too. The West is so close that it’s tough to tell though.

• Like 2

Draymond Green is an elite complementary player, and this isn't an insult, it's just true. He's the fuel to the engine for Golden State, but Golden State would still be great without him. It's just a legendary offense with his skill set, which really flashes with the players there.

In the game of basketball, you really do have fits, complementary players, and star talent.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Draymond Green is an elite complementary player, and this isn't an insult, it's just true. He's the fuel to the engine for Golden State, but Golden State would still be great without him. It's just a legendary offense with his skill set, which really flashes with the players there.

In the game of basketball, you really do have fits, complementary players, and star talent.

Green is an excellent player who fills an important role on that team.  Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman filled an important roll for the Bulls but nobody confused them with guys with the talent to be MVPs.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Lurker said:

Can we just get this back on topic, anyway, because the better comps for JJJ do not include Draymond Green anyway.

Sounds like a plan.  As I've said before, I really like the skillset on JJJ but the lack of production (other than in blocks) is worrisome.  I would feel a ton more comfortable if he was putting up 20-10 and flashing the same skills.  

He is 5th on the team in scoring.  3rd on the team in rebounding.  He has a nice looking 3pt shot but is, again, 5th on the team in both makes and attempts.  

For the #2 overall pick that makes me nervous.

• Like 2

Yeah.  It's better to take one of two players who will never measure up to their hype than it is to take a guy who is being terribly underrated because he isn't a lead scorer for his team but is by far the best defensive big in this draft.  

Taking Ayton and Bagley types with high picks is the big reason tanking teams don't succeed.

• Moderators

If we draft him, I'll root like hell for him.  Just nervous when our franchise guy is the 5th option on offense in college and there are a bunch of really intriguing prospects in that top 5 or 6 in this draft.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KB21 said:

But hey, don't take my word for it.  I'm not the only one that notices this.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/2/20/17030620/locked-on-hawks-podcast-2018-nba-draft-preview-all-star-break

This is Brad Rowland and Tyler Jones talking about the draft prospects.  Take a listen.

They also say Ayton has the highest Ceiling of anyone in the draft.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

They also say that Luka Doncic is the #1 and should be drafted if he is on the board.

Oh I want Doncic more than anyone in the draft. However @KB21 said that he wasn't a top 3 player in the draft. I think Doncic at worst is a 6'8" Ricky Rubio he just has a super high IQ on the court. On his topside I could see a better Gordon Hayward.

Edited by davis171

The way I see it (it's just a small sample size and unfortunately, OT):

Safest prospect in the draft: Luka Doncic 
At the very least, he's going to be an elite complementary player in the NBA after a couple of years and it's possible he's a future star. I'm not too worried about his athleticism, as a guy like Jamal Murray had that tagged on him and he's had a very good sophomore season.

Highest upside prospect in the draft: Deandre Ayton
My main worry is that he needs pushing to be as good as he can be. But if you get him with the right coaching he can become one of the greats in the NBA. Already has a very good offensive game. 

The guys that could get a GM fired in 3 years or be a boon to your franchise:
Mohamed Bamba and Trae Young
Title mostly speaks for itself lol.

Young and still learning about how talented he is:
Jaren Jackson Jr

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The way I see it (it's just a small sample size and unfortunately, OT):

Safest prospect in the draft: Luka Doncic 
At the very least, he's going to be an elite complementary player in the NBA after a couple of years and it's possible he's a future star. I'm not too worried about his athleticism, as a guy like Jamal Murray had that tagged on him and he's had a very good sophomore season.

Highest upside prospect in the draft: Deandre Ayton
My main worry is that he needs pushing to be as good as he can be. But if you get him with the right coaching he can become one of the greats in the NBA. Already has a very good offensive game. 

The guys that could get a GM fired in 3 years or be a boon to your franchise:
Mohamed Bamba and Trae Young
Title mostly speaks for itself lol.

Young and still learning about how talented he is:
Jaren Jackson Jr

1000% disagree about Bamba. You don't think he can be Hassan Whiteside? Everyone I know that says that about Bamba is looking for flash. He maybe not have the upside Ayton has but he can be a very good Center in the nba that shoots 70+% from the line. He is shooting 68% on 4 attempts per game so shows competence there. May not have the superstar trait but he can be very valuable.

Edited by davis171

2 minutes ago, davis171 said:

1000% disagree about Bamba. You don't think he can be Hassan Whiteside? Everyone I know that says that about Bamba is looking for flash. He maybe not have the upside Ayton has but he can be a very good Center in the nba that shoots 70+% from the line. He is shooting 68% on 4 attempts per game so shows competence there. May not have the superstar trait but he can be very valuable.

Did you even fully read the line? I wasn't just saying the guys that could get a GM fired there.

Edit: And I have no interest in a Whiteside.

Edited by Lurker