• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AHF said:

All these wins people aren't mad at?  I can imagine them not being mad at Bobby Sura too.  

"He's just balling out.  Gotta respect that.  Sixth pick is just as good as the first, right?"

"Unfortunately, it can sometimes be!"

~5badGMs

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

All these wins people aren't mad at?  I can imagine them not being mad at Bobby Sura too.  

"He's just balling out.  Gotta respect that.  Sixth pick is just as good as the first, right?"

We just bought out two very good vets and replaced them with guys who are having cups of tea in the league.  It’s unreasonable to think they’re gonna trot out a G-League lineup every night for 30 minutes and play like the Washington Generals.  I’m not smart enough to know how effectively vigilant Silver can be in his efforts to curb Tanking but he seemed to be serious about the sh@t based on his comments today.

1 hour ago, AtlKauzie said:

Can't be mad at this win, everyone fought hard and earned it. A ton of playoff teams are coming our way on the schedule so the pick should be safe.

Got to protect that losing culture at all costs.

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

We just bought out two very good vets and replaced them with guys who are having cups of tea in the league.  It’s unreasonable to think they’re gonna trot out a G-League lineup every night for 30 minutes and play like the Washington Generals.  I’m not smart enough to know how effectively vigilant Silver can be in his efforts to curb Tanking but he seemed to be serious about the sh@t based on his comments today.

Silver is a f@$$ moron . With all the league has gotten wrong. And mind you he long ago could have stood  up and hammered the 76ers. But choose to do nothing because he’s a stooge for the owners that signs his check. In reality he can’t do shit cause a little under half the league would be disqualified.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Zero risk of that as long as you aren't a moron like Cuban.  Our competition is on double digit losing streaks.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, AHF said:

A lot of these guys weren't here for that. They don't understand how important this is. But they will in a few months. I was right there cheering on Sura's "never quit" style of play even though we had ZERO chance of making the Playoffs. A few months later, I watched Orlando get Dwight Howard while we ended up with Josh Childress. A few years later, we made our playoff debut with our new 'core' of Mike Bibby, Josh Childress, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and Al Horford. That core never made it past the second round. Meanwhile, the Magic made it to the ECF and the Finals because they had a dominant inside force to build around. With that said, the only thing I care about winning at this point is the #1 pick.

Non-Competitankers© have Dedmon to blame for the block party and Collins for crashing the offensive glass.  Those last two drives by Dennis were so good I can’t see how anyone can knock those.  I’ll be all for sending out vets on an early vacation for the rest of the season if we beat GS and Draymond cold cocks a referee. 

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Non-Competitankers© have Dedmon to blame for the block party and Collins for crashing the offensive glass.  Those last two drives by Dennis were so good I can’t see how anyone can knock those.  I’ll be all for sending out vets on an early vacation for the rest of the season if we beat GS and Draymond cold cocks a referee. 

That is why I was upset with Bud for keeping those guys in there.  Dennis made some great drives but why wasn't Delaney in there?  Just continue that theme for the rest of the team.

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

A lot of these guys weren't here for that. They don't understand how important this is. But they will in a few months. I was right there cheering on Sura's "never quit" style of play even though we had ZERO chance of making the Playoffs. A few months later, I watched Orlando get Dwight Howard while we ended up with Josh Childress. A few years later, we made our playoff debut with our new 'core' of Mike Bibby, Josh Childress, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and Al Horford. That core never made it past the second round. Meanwhile, the Magic made it to the ECF and the Finals because they had a dominant inside force to build around. With that said, the only thing I care about winning at this point is the #1 pick.

The fact that a lot of the posters here were not around for that is the biggest reason those posters support the tanking.  They weren't around to suffer the way I did through that so called rebuild.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The fact that a lot of the posters here were not around for that is the biggest reason those posters support the tanking.  They weren't around to suffer the way I did through that so called rebuild.

That wasn't my point but feel free to use it to support your narrative.

• Like 4