• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So he's Andre Ware or Ty Detmer?

No.  He just played in a system that artificially boosted his numbers (ala Pistol Pete) where he will have to fundamentally change how he played in order to fit into a pro team.

That doesn't speak to his talent -- just the oranges and apples comparison relative to other systems.

• Moderators

I'm still hoping for Doncic.  As long as we don't mess our record up, we'll get someone who is intriguing.  Come draft time it will be on Schlenk's shoulders to get it right.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Clearly.  He chose a team that was talent deprived where he could dominate the ball.  If he went to Duke or Michigan State, Young would be winning a lot more but would be playing a very different game this year.  He did the equivalent of going to a college offense where he could throw the ball every play and put up huge number rather than put up lesser stats for a better team in an offense with a balance between passing and rushing.

...or he chose a school close to home so his parents could make it to his home games? Or maybe, as a kid, he always wanted to play for his state's university? He's a 19 year old kid. We are old and cynical and have a more corrupted (or realistic) world view.

• Like 2

Been waiting on this thread on Homecourt too, preesh! I'd be happy with any of these, but in order of preference:

1) Donciccio

2) D-V'Ayton

3) Triple-J

4) In-the-Bagley

5) LaBamba

6) Porter-house

• Like 3

3 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I agree ... he is a solid pickup that late ... prob best option ... he is just an ahole

That’s the one prospect I hope we avoid.  Don’t care much for him. With that said seems like someone bud and co would target but Schlenk I don’t know.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

That’s the one prospect I hope we avoid.  Don’t care much for him. With that said seems like someone bud and co would target but Schlenk I don’t know.

That is it for me.  I don't hate his game but I think he would be the only player I would have to hold my nose to root for coming out of school.  

• Like 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, AHF said:

That is it for me.  I don't hate his game but I think he would be the only player I would have to hold my nose to root for coming out of school.  

Yeah, I can't stand him and can't stand his face but he has sound fundamentals, a high bbiq, solid 3 point shooter, solid passer, solid competitor, and a decent defender.  He fits our system really well and would be a nice piece for the bench.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I really want Ayton or Bamba. 

I also want to flip Collins for a lottery pick. I like him but he needs a better situation

Yeah.  He needs to be in a winning environment so he can develop properly.  

Edited by KB21

4 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I think the players best comparable to Young IF he can reach his potential is Isiah Thomas or Lou Williams ... a sparkplug undersized chucker who is best suited for a 6th man type role.

I am really hoping we don't waste our draft pick on him.  If we have to take a 'point guard' then I would rather use it on Sexton.  However, I don't want either of them.

sigh....when are we going to realize how bad Oklahoma's talent is outside of Young. Once again, he did not play like this when he played with Porter Jr.

53 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  He needs to be in a winning environment so he can develop properly.  

I was moreso thinking a situation where the coach plays to his player's strengths and not a system that believes in all-around performances. 

35 minutes ago, Lurker said:

sigh....when are we going to realize how bad Oklahoma's talent is outside of Young. Once again, he did not play like this when he played with Porter Jr.

A number of prospects who signed with UK didn't want to play with Young. That said a lot to me. More than anything else. I really don't like him as a prospect unless you can give him at least two seasons in the G-League. 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A number of prospects who signed with UK didn't want to play with Young. That said a lot to me. More than anything else. I really don't like him as a prospect unless you can give him at least two seasons in the G-League. 

I don't actually want him anymore, but I'm getting as sick of capstone's comping Trae Young to Isaiah Thomas/Lou Williams as I am of KB's fawning over Draymond Green.

21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Stepien updated rankings:

1.   Luka Doncic

2.   Jaren Jackson Jr

3.   Trae Young

4.   DeAndre Ayton

5.  Michael Porter Jr

6.  Wendell Carter Jr

7.   Marvin Bagley III

Ayton to two and everybody slide down one. I hope Atlanta is fooled by young I would take bad back porter over him.  That is fools gold.

• Premium Member

DeAndre Ayton...offensive number are off the chart.  Defense not so much.  If he can be taught defensive positioning, he would be a perfect fit with Collins

Luka Doncic...Defense scares you a bit but if he and Prince can play together or if he can play back up point...He gets the edge over Porter

Michael Porter...If he and Prince can play the wing positions, He would edge out Doncic...What a physical specimen

Jaren Jackson....Love this Dude's defensive metrics...would fit well with Collins in the front court

Marvin Bagley...Not a great fit with Collins but man, what an offensive force!

• Like 1

Porter is going to be a stretch four in the NBA.  He doesn't have the lateral quickness, agility or ball handling to play the wing exclusively.  If you decide to play Collins at center long term, then Porter is actually a good fit alongside him as a stretch four.  There will be defensive issues, but offensively, the fit between those two is a match.  Porter is your pin down, pick and pop big man who needs to add strength.  Collins is your pick and roll dive man.