• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Kings

lethalweapon3

Great loss for the losing culture most of you pro tankers want to build with this strategy.

For the rest of us, this is just embarrassing.  The decision to make Dennis a healthy scratch should come with consequences from the league.

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The decision to make Dennis a healthy scratch should come with consequences from the league.

Yeah this in particular bugged me I can't lie. Scratch a Dedmon or something whatever.. scratching Dennis is just blatant.

6 hours ago, davis171 said:

Pop rested Duncan, Parker, and Manu in a primetime game vs Miami when LeBron was there to spite the media. I don't really care if we rest Dennis away against the kings. Where was Gasol tonight for the Griz who may have competed with him they are shamelessly tanking.

I’ve only seen him on highlights giving questionable effort but Gasol’s numbers are still solid outside of shooting %.  He voiced his displeasure with the Grizz’s current course.  Another Adam Silver statement may be in order after that debacle.  

I fully expect Gasol to force a trade this summer.  If he were around 30 I’d be all over that at $50 mil over the next 2.  But he’s 33 with a long injury history so I’m scraight.  And he rebounds like a b@$ch compared to his smaller brother.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

:Bud: Y'all are never pleased.  I play to win in Utah and there are protest outside of Golden 1 arena when we get to Sacramento. I blatantly tank tonight by playing my secret tank combo Plumlee and Cavanaugh over 20 minutes together and there are protest on Hawk Squawks.  This is a no win situation.  

:Schroder: I feel your pain Coach 

:Baze: So do I

Bud - you are competing against teams like Memphis who are pulling a way bigger tank job than anything you could do this season even if you sit Dennis, Prince and Collins the rest of the way.  Do what you have to do.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, KB21 said:

Great loss for the losing culture most of you pro tankers want to build with this strategy.

For the rest of us, this is just embarrassing.  The decision to make Dennis a healthy scratch should come with consequences from the league.

Don't like Dennis sitting but a 'win is a win.' (I kid). You mention consequences but what about Memphis? That was plain embarrassing.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bud - you are competing against teams like Memphis who are pulling a way bigger tank job than anything you could do this season even if you sit Dennis, Prince and Collins the rest of the way.  Do what you have to do.

:Bud: At least you are finally giving me the respect I deserve by recognizing that I alone control the fate of the Hawks the rest of the season!  I decide how many minutes Cavanaugh and Plumlee get not Schlenk! I've also control where the shots come from and the strategy on defense.  Y'all keep thinking that Prince and Schröder decided on their own to take record numbers of 3's this year?  That was me!  Schoeder and Prince's lack of defense in most games...That was me!  You saw how we can play when I felt compelled to knock Snyder off of his high horse in Utah.  And someone please tell that KB21 that I am going no where and that we will compete for a playoff spot next year!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Don't like Dennis sitting but a 'win is a win.' (I kid). You mention consequences but what about Memphis? That was plain embarrassing.

All teams that do this should be punished.  I favor taking away draft picks.

33 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

:Bud: At least you are finally giving me the respect I deserve by recognizing that I alone control the fate of the Hawks the rest of the season!  I decide how many minutes Cavanaugh and Plumlee get not Schlenk! I've also control where the shots come from and the strategy on defense.  Y'all keep thinking that Prince and Schröder decided on their own to take record numbers of 3's this year?  That was me!  Schoeder and Prince's lack of defense in most games...That was me!  You saw how we can play when I felt compelled to knock Snyder off of his high horse in Utah.  And someone please tell that KB21 that I am going no where and that we will compete for a playoff spot next year!

Yeah, considering that no team has ever stripped itself down to a barren talent level like Atlanta has only to compete for a playoff spot within a year.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah, considering that no team has ever stripped itself down to a barren talent level like Atlanta has only to compete for a playoff spot within a year.

:Bud: Are you trying say that you know more than me?

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

By the way, Boston did it during the 2013/14 season...Made the playoffs the following season

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

By the way, Boston did it in 2013/14 season

They didn't strip themselves down to become a barren wasteland of talent like Schlenk did to Atlanta, and they made great trades to bring in vets like Jae Crowder and IT.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They didn't strip themselves down to become a barren wasteland of talent like Schlenk did to Atlanta, and they made great trades to bring in vets like Jae Crowder and IT.

So wait, you are saying trading  2 all stars for future draft picks during the same season is not gutting the team???  And by the way, Crowder average a robust 9.5 points per game in 2014. And what makes you think that the Hawks won't trade or sign a guy like Thomas next year???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

So wait, you are saying trading  2 all stars during the same season is not gutting the team???  And by the way, Crowder average a whole 9.5 points per game in 2014. And what make you think that the Hawks won't trade or sign a guy like Thomas next year???

Even without Garnett and Pierce, that team had more base talent on it than this one, and I guarantee you that Schlenk will not add any meaningful veterans in the off season.