26. Melton

27. Holiday

28. Allen

Starter Potential with backup potential but kinda raw

29. Duval 

30. J. Porter

31. Diallo

• Moderators

As of April 3 and subject to constant revision, here is my current top 20 (broken into tiers where the difference isn't that significant - more a function of what the GM wants and how he likes the young man's individual makeup):

1. Doncic

---------------------------------

2. Ayton

3. JJJ

4. Bagley

5. Bamba

6. Porter

7.  Carter

8. Mikal Bridges

9.  Young

10.  Sexton

11. Miles Bridges

12.  Robert Williams

13.  Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

14. Zhaire Smith

15.  Lonnie Walker Jr.

16.  Kevin Knox

17.  Mitchell Robinson

18.  Troy Brown

19.  Aaron Holiday

20.  Anfernee Simons

• Like 2

1. Ayton

2. Luka

3. Bagley

4. Bamba

5. Mikal Bridges

6. JJJ 

7. Carter jr

8. Porter

9. Young

10. Sexton 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

I will add height, weight, and wingspan to my spreadsheet document when those officially come out.

Should include standing reach as well since it is a really important number - particularly for big men (much moreso than wingspan).

18 hours ago, AHF said:

As of April 3 and subject to constant revision, here is my current top 20 (broken into tiers where the difference isn't that significant - more a function of what the GM wants and how he likes the young man's individual makeup):

1. Doncic

2. Ayton

3. JJJ

4. Bagley

5. Bamba

6. Porter

7.  Carter

8. Mikal Bridges

9.  Young

10.  Sexton

11. Miles Bridges

12.  Robert Williams

13.  Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

14. Zhaire Smith

15.  Lonnie Walker Jr.

16.  Kevin Knox

17.  Mitchell Robinson

18.  Troy Brown

19.  Aaron Holiday

20.  Anfernee Simons

Swap 3 and 4, and 9 and 10, and that's pretty much my Top 13 too.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hazer said:

Swap 3 and 4, and 9 and 10, and that's pretty much my Top 13 too.

Bamba definitely makes me the most nervous of those early picks.  I might not have the guts to take him with the floor that so many bigs have.  Would need to impress me in workouts to stay at 5.

• Like 1

This might be the first class where everyone board looks completely different from the rest and I don't think they are crazy for it. This is an extremely tight top 8 draft class compared to any other year I've seen.

15 hours ago, AHF said:

Bamba definitely makes me the most nervous of those early picks.  I might not have the guts to take him with the floor that so many bigs have.  Would need to impress me in workouts to stay at 5.

For me, Bamba could be a #1 guy. That's how close 1-3 is on my chart. Doncic is close in that regard too. I liked Porter from what I saw in HS. I trust the scouts to do there jobs on that one.

This is one of the toughest classes to evaluate. Potential could be seen as completely different depending on who you ask.

For me, I am more sold on Bamba as an offensive prospect than a defensive one at the next level in the long term.

I have serious questions about Ayton defense. 

I have those same questions about Doncic defense. 

There is not a single prospect in this class that makes me say, unquestioned franchise player but there is 6-7 potential franchise players in this class

• Like 1

1. Ayton

2. Bagley

3. Jackson - I like how Jackson fits with Collins, on paper, more than Bagley. However, I love Bagley's mean streak and natural aggression. You can't teach a mean streak. That is what separates the two for me right now.

4. Bamba 

5. Carter

The Hawks need a big.............................I'd rate the bigs like this.

We could use a stud SG..................I don't know what Doncic is on defense.  He has too many questions for me to invest a top 3 pick for him considering all the good bigs out there an our HUGE need for one.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, coachx said:

1. Ayton

2. Bagley

3. Jackson - I like how Jackson fits with Collins, on paper, more than Bagley. However, I love Bagley's mean streak and natural aggression. You can't teach a mean streak. That is what separates the two for me right now.

4. Bamba 

5. Carter

The Hawks need a big.............................I'd rate the bigs like this.

We could use a stud SG..................I don't know what Doncic is on defense.  He has too many questions for me to invest a top 3 pick for him considering all the good bigs out there an our HUGE need for one.

So knowing that Ayton and Bagley are terrible on defense is better than not knowing if Doncic is adequate on defense?

Those are your words and thoughts. Not mine. I don't know that either Ayton or Bagley will be terrible on defense.

I have no doubt that Ayton can defend the 5 in the NBA and protect the rim against penetration.  If a team tries to go small he will make them pay on the offensive side. Due to roster configurations Arizona was forced to play Ayton as a PF. That will not be the case moving forward.

Bagley has the highest motor of any of the bigs in the class and he is also the most athletic. A high motor athlete is a dangerous thing. Unlike Donic, Bagley doesn't have limitations on defense that are due to not being as athletic as the competition. Athletic ability and rebounding pretty much always translate......and Bagley is elite at both of those things.

I'm really curious to see Donic's measurements. Is he 6'4.5'' without shoes or 6'6.5'' without shoes ? More important than height is his standing reach and wingspan. Is his standing reach 8'6'' or better ? Is his wingspan 6'5'' or 6'10'' ? Will he compete with the other big wings in workouts (Knox and the 2 Miles guys).

I've seen all of these bigs play in multiple games. We have seen them measured at camps. I'm open to Donic. I just don't know enough about him.

• Like 3

Starting to watch more and more of these guys film, so this is very fluid ... But my list is:

1) Ayton

2) Doncic

3) Bagley

4) Carter (Starting to like him more and more .. may be #3 on my list soon)

5) Jackson Jr

6) Mikal Bridges

That's as far as I've gotten. 2 names not on my list that stand out ... Porter(injuries scare me away) and Bamba(I just don't see his talents translating to anything more than being a good defensive player).

One name that is shooting up my board is Josh Okogie of Georgia Tech. Needs to work more developing his left hand and continue working on his 3 pointer. But im convinced I see bits and pieces of Jimmy Butler and D Wade to his game. After the combine, assuming he stays in draft and is invited, he could fall anywhere from our #19 to our #33. 

• Like 1

Who I want? 

1a. Ayton   1b. Doncic

19th - Anfernee Simons, Kevin Knox,  Mitchell Robinson, Zhaire Smith

30th - Anfernee Simons, Mitchell Robinson (these two are all over draft boards), Issac Bonga, 

2nd Round - Issac Bonga, Kostas Antetokounmpo, Jalen Brunson

If the Hawks don't get the first two picks

(3 - 5 range) - Mo Bamba, Bagley, JJJ

(6-7 range) - Porter Jr, Mikal Bridges

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Finally updated my top 15 post workout: 

1. Bagley III

2. Bamba up 1

3. Ayton down 1

4. Doncic

5. Miles Bridges up 2

6. Mikal Bridges down 1

7. Wendell Carter Jr. up 1

8. Collin Sexton up 2

9. Michael Porter Jr. down 4

10. Lonnie Walker IV up 4

11. Trae Young up 1

12. Jaren Jackson Jr down 3

13. Robert Williams up 1

14. Kevin Knox down 1

15. Shai Gilegious Alexander down 4

Why Bamba over Ayton? I always had them tied or Ayton slightly ahead due to his measurable and tools but Bamba just has elite defensive potential, translates and while he's a WIP on offense, he is far more athletic than most are thinking. I think the sky is the limit for him. Ayton will be better day 1 but in a year, Bamba might be better and won't look back. 

Miles over Mikal- I like Mikal as a team player better but Miles is going to be an all star. I wouldn't pass on him. I think both can play for awhile but Mikal will play at a higher level deeper into his career but Miles will be better out of the box. 

Why so down on Porter? I love his talent and skill but his injury concerns before the spinal injury is an issue, now, I have some serious issues. He is also known to have some personality issues but his athletic ability + height + skill makes him an extremely interesting prospect at #9. 

Lonnie Walker up, JJJ down. Why? Stat wise, Walker is not that interesting. JJJ is. So why the change. It's simple, I had a change to see Walker workout and his game film. I just got honest with my true feelings on JJJ and I don't think he's a top 11 prospect. While he's not boom or bust like Trae is, I see him having a fairly high floor with a fairly low ceiling. He has too much Marvin Williams in him and I just see him as a guy who can do his job well. I was really shocked by his EBYL stats. Mitchell Robinson was a better HS center and JJJ is doing what I thought. His shot blocking is not natural. He went up for more attempts when he realized he wasn't coordinated enough for the NCAA's. This wasn't an issue for him in HS. I am scared as shit to draft him, and I have doubts he would even get to Capela's level even with the perfect personnel. He's my Malik Monk of this class. Another player stats was extremely high on who I wasn't as high on. 

Shai, Shai, Shai. It's not that I am down on his talent and skills, I am just down on his weight at the next level at least in the first two seasons for him. If he can weather the storm like Trae Young, he can be a legit NBA PG but it's gonna be hard. 

3 - Ayton - Doncic - Bamba - Trade ... In that order

19 - Okobo - Donte D

30 - Okogie  - Jacob Evans - Omari Spellman

34 - Bonga ... The perfect stash player. 

I'd really like to see a pairing of Doncic and Okobo as I think that'd be an amazing backcourt. And we would get all the international love. 

• 2 weeks later...

My last draft board: 

Final updated my top 15: 

1. Bagley III - Best prospect, elite potential

2. Bamba - high risk, super high reward who in 2 months has become much closer to his high reward. 

3. Ayton - low risk, very high reward but will some of his flaws limit his potential. 

4. Doncic - Been at #4 all season and for good reason. Very high floor with a reasonable ceiling. Whoever drafts him must put the right pieces around him. 

5. Collin Sexton - I shot him up after just being far more impressed with his mental makeup. He's too talent and wants it too much to fail. He's the type that changes a culture. 

6. Mikal Bridges - Still one of my favorite prospects. Like Carter Jr. fit is more important than landing spot. 

7t. Wendell Carter Jr. - Excellent prospect. Lacks star potential but could be a very good NBA player. 

7t. Trae Young - high risk, high reward. Moves up due to injuries, his improvement in workouts from what I've heard and Miles dropping on my board. 

9.  Miles Bridges - After rewatching tape on behalf of Jackson. I came away far less impressed with him. Maybe more impressed with JJJ. 

10.  Jaren Jackson Jr- After rewatching the tape, I came away more impressed. His flaws are his flaws and I question his mental makeup but in the right fit with closer to ready NBA players, he's better for it. His potential strongly is based on how teams will use him. He's a 3/D guy and should be used as one. 

11. Lonnie Walker IV - Dropped only because inconsistent tape. His workout has been legendary but I expected it with his tools and athletic ability. 

12. Kevin Knox - His workouts shown major improvement. 

13. Robert Williams - He is really focusing on being Capela 2.0. 

14. Michael Porter Jr. - His drop is exclusively related to injury. Too many people have said he will need another year like Harry Giles. 

15. Shai Gilegious Alexander - We haven't seen him all off-season trying to land in Charlotte.