• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Drafting Ayton, Bamba, Doncic, Bagley, JJJ or Leonard and LeBron

NBASupes

Drafting Ayton, Bamba, Doncic, Bagley, JJJ or Leonard and LeBron  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just believe my friend. If the Spurs want the pick, who's a better option for James? Shooters everywhere. Depth and he gets to play with a top 3-5 player in Leonard. Even with Wade, he wasn't top 5 no more, James had to carry them, not Leonard. This is wishful thinking but if it happens, oh my!

Probably true that if, and big if, we trade for Leonard, Lebron may take a look at us. I just don't see it happening...not for our Hawks...

But I don't play the lottery to win, I play for the fun of fantasizing about hitting the jackpot, so let's fantasize a bit here. Let's say the Spurs do look to trade him. I would assume that they'd want at the very least our first this year and next (or Cavs'), along with Prince and Baze at least to make salaries match. But then you have to dump Plumlee to make room for Lebron. Maybe we can use either Houston's pick to dump him, but it may take more than that, maybe Minny's if that wasn't dealt away to the Spurs already. Re-sign Dedmon and you have a starting 5 of Dennis, Leonard, Lebron, Collins, Dedmon. I'm not sure that's "shooters everywhere." Well I guess a bunch of vets would be willing to take a pay cut to play with Kawhi and Lebron so that wouldn't be an issue...

Anyway, it's nice to dream....

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's possible. More than just that, Leonard will agree to an ext in Atlanta. Knows Coach Bud, we would have the best bid for LeBron. Dedmon shoots threes. Resign Ersan back. Dennis goes back to his role where he's good at. Use the Minny pick to take someone for the future and build

Excuse me, waiter. I'll have what he's smoking.

27 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Probably true that if, and big if, we trade for Leonard, Lebron may take a look at us. I just don't see it happening...not for our Hawks...

But I don't play the lottery to win, I play for the fun of fantasizing about hitting the jackpot, so let's fantasize a bit here. Let's say the Spurs do look to trade him. I would assume that they'd want at the very least our first this year and next (or Cavs'), along with Prince and Baze at least to make salaries match. But then you have to dump Plumlee to make room for Lebron. Maybe we can use either Houston's pick to dump him, but it may take more than that, maybe Minny's if that wasn't dealt away to the Spurs already. Re-sign Dedmon and you have a starting 5 of Dennis, Leonard, Lebron, Collins, Dedmon. I'm not sure that's "shooters everywhere." Well I guess a bunch of vets would be willing to take a pay cut to play with Kawhi and Lebron so that wouldn't be an issue...

Anyway, it's nice to dream....

We can ext Plumlee this off-season for a mil, cut him and we would have the cap space right then and there.