• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Excellent write up. One question though...

Will this be the first game day thread that won't dissolve into another pointless tanking diatribe by one poster who for someone can't be called a word that rhymes with mole?

And....no. Just as I thought. Should we rename Homecourt to KB21's Bitch About Tanking board?

• Like 3

I dunno.

At this point we have gotten rid of so many of our best players and are stuck with Baze at a high salary and Dennis who I hope is trade-able (but I'm not sure).  Personally, Dennis is my least favorite player since I view him as a bit selfish - but mostly kind of wild and turnover-prone.  If he is a favorite of Bud that makes me concerned about Bud's judgement.

20 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

I dunno.

At this point we have gotten rid of so many of our best players and are stuck with Baze at a high salary and Dennis who I hope is trade-able (but I'm not sure).  Personally, Dennis is my least favorite player since I view him as a bit selfish - but mostly kind of wild and turnover-prone.  If he is a favorite of Bud that makes me concerned about Bud's judgement.

Enjoy the tank, Ayton, Bagley, Porter Jr. Bamba or Doncic will save us

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Enjoy the tank, Ayton, Bagley, Porter Jr. Bamba or Doncic will save us

I've been away for a bit - who are these people of which you speak?  is "Bamba" a player on our team?  If so (and he does good) he would be great for the chatroom:   "Lalala Bamba hitting threes !!!

But I think you are just kidding me...surely we don't have a guy named "Bamba" on our active roster do we?

Just want to state again, the best player in our recent history, Al Horford is the best player to me on Boston again. Regardless of what pieces change around him, he's the common denominator for his team's success. I don't like this idea that he's f***ing Horace Grant and never have. He's one of the best team players I've seen in some time in the NBA and I wish others could see what I see. He's lead, not one, but two different personnel to 1st place on the way for a 3rd.  

Edited by NBASupes

12 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

I've been away for a bit - who are these people of which you speak?  is "Bamba" a player on our team?  If so (and he does good) he would be great for the chatroom:   "Lalala Bamba hitting threes !!!

But I think you are just kidding me...surely we don't have a guy named "Bamba" on our active roster do we?

LOL, his name is fun. Out of all of the top guys this year, none are the super exciting type, those are in 2019 draft, not 2018 but the impact players are in this draft. 

11 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

Exactly Thomas...anybody can call it what they wish..."strategic rebuild to attain higher draft picks for the future of the franchise while developing young talent"  -  or  - "tanking".  Bottom line our win total will likely be in the 20's or low 30's at best.

Yeah, a few weeks ago I thought we could push thirty wins but now not sure of anything other than we need to play the really young guys a lot of minutes but without risking bringing on injuries. Collins,Taylor and Dorsey need to play consistent minutes and can't think of a legitimate reason why they shouldn't especially with Bembry out. 

• Premium Member
On 11/2/2017 at 1:01 AM, Sothron said:

Remember, Embiid can't be a good player because he was taken high in the lottery on a rebuilding team. Same with Ben Simmons. Just ignore how good they are because our resident Hoagie Roll has declared all lottery picks busts.

Eh... Come back when they (Philly) have won a ring with those guys. :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

LOL, his name is fun. Out of all of the top guys this year, none are the super exciting type, those are in 2019 draft, not 2018 but the impact players are in this draft. 

So, we are already changing the narrative.  Suddenly, none of the guys in 2018 are the super exciting guys as their warts are really being exposed, but since we don't know about the warts on the 2019 class since the hype machine is on full go, that's the class we are waiting for.  

I'll go ahead and let you in on a secret.  No one in 2019 is as good as Luka Doncic, and he's the only player in this draft worth taking with a high pick.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No problem. We'll have PLENTY of top 5 picks in the next 5 years. 

We could get lucky and draft someone like Wiggins. Yay! That guy, the next LeBron. Or the next D'Angelo Russell. Who knows, the sky is the limit! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, a few weeks ago I thought we could push thirty wins but now not sure of anything other than we need to play the really young guys a lot of minutes but without risking bringing on injuries. Collins,Taylor and Dorsey need to play consistent minutes and can't think of a legitimate reason why they shouldn't especially with Bembry out. 

If you give them more minutes than they are ready for, then you can derail their development.  You can't put players on the floor without having them prepared to actually contribute.  You can't just say "Hey, he's young.  Let's play him."  These guys will get destroyed, and their mentality will be completely wrecked.  Plus, from a coaching standpoint, you are going to have a hard time stressing important aspects of the system by playing young guys and overlooking the mistakes they will make.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

No problem. We'll have PLENTY of top 5 picks in the next 5 years. 

We could get lucky and draft someone like Wiggins. Yay! That guy, the next LeBron. Or the next D'Angelo Russell. Who knows, the sky is the limit! 

LOL, dap off of hilarity. 

My new top 4 (in order):

1. Porter Jr.

2. Ayton 

3. Bagley 

4. Dončić

im expecting at least a top 3 pick and believe we need a flat out highly potential scoring machine before anything else and I believe Porter jr and Ayton will be the best scorers of this draft class by the end of the year.

my top needs for the hawks (in order)

1. a superstar scorer 

2. a playmaker 

3. Another big to pair Collins

Don’t get me wrong it’s not all about scoring but the hawks have lacked that superstar scorer for far too long! If we are really talking about winning championships you MUST have a gifted “no one can stop me” type scorer in your starting 5 somewhere and honestly it seems like you have to have two players that can go get their 25-30 pts on avg whenever they want to ....ya know if we are really talking about winning or even competing for championships, just saying

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

My new top 4 (in order):

1. Porter Jr.

2. Ayton 

3. Bagley 

4. Dončić

im expecting at least a top 3 pick and believe we need a flat out highly potential scoring machine before anything else and I believe Porter jr and Ayton will be the best scorers of this draft class by the end of the year.

1. a superstar scorer 

2. a playmaker 

Don’t get me wrong it’s not all about scoring but the hawks have lacked that superstar scorer for far too long! If we are really talking about winning championships you MUST have a gifted “no one can stop me” type scorer in your starting 5 somewhere and honestly it seems like you have to have two players that can go get their 25-30 pts on avg whenever they want to ....ya know if we are really talking about winning or even competing for championships, just saying

I think you are doing a disservice not including Bamba

19 minutes ago, JTB said:

My new top 4 (in order):

1. Porter Jr.

2. Ayton 

3. Bagley 

4. Dončić

1. a superstar scorer 

2. a playmaker 

I got news for you.  It is highly unlikely that Porter is going to be a superstar scorer in the NBA.  His shot creation skills are below average because of his off the dribble skill being below average.  He's going to struggle to create his own shot when he can't rise up and shoot over someone.  He's similar to Andrew Wiggins in that he is over hyped, and his lone strong trait is his scoring, but he's different in that Wiggins has the athleticism to do what he wants to do with the ball and is not a great shooter.  Porter is overrated as a shooter (32% career three point shooter), but he does not have the athleticism to attack the basket like Wiggins does.

Edited by KB21

23 minutes ago, DBac said:

Supes wants Zion, which is why he's already looking at 2019. I think RJ Barrett has passed Zion on a lot of boards after destroying team USA though.

Zion better get his weight under control, or he's going to end up being an offensive lineman.  

He also can't shoot a lick.

Edited by KB21

1 hour ago, DBac said:

Supes wants Zion, which is why he's already looking at 2019. I think RJ Barrett has passed Zion on a lot of boards after destroying team USA though.

I do but I rather have Ayton or Doncic if we land him. Zion isn't a good shooter at all. Porter. Jr would play the same position.