• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #4, #19, #30, #33?

NBASupes

4. My top 3 on my board is Bagley, Ayton, and Bamba. My #4 is Doncic and #5 Porter Jr. So I'll take Doncic since the others 3 are off the board.

19. Troy Brown Jr. Or Zhaire Smith. I want a wing with high BBIQ and potential even with a low floor at 19. A Jeff Teague like prospect or better.

30. Jalen Brunson but hes 18 on my board or DeAnthony Melton who's 26 on my board. I want a quality PG with starter potential who's an upperclassman. I want to really get this type of PG on the roster. It's hard as they simply dont exist in most draft classes but do in this one.

33. Diallo, Jontay Porter, or Metu are my guys. I want to avoid Europeans in this class outside of Doncic and or Musa. Other than that, I dont see many I love as a prospect. I like Porter Jokic like abilities but to a lesser degree. I like Diallo potential but i dont like the fit for us. Metu is the prospect i really want. After that maybe some like Moritz is someone i am interested in 

• Like 1

#4: Luka Doncic

#19: Robert Williams

#30: Josh Okogie

#33: Tony Carr

If we get #16 in the Bud affair: take Williams here and Troy Brown at #19

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

#4: Luka Doncic

#19: Robert Williams

#30: Josh Okogie

#33: Tony Carr

If we get #16 in the Bud affair: take Williams here and Troy Brown at #19

And I'd keep every damn one of them. Toss in Fresh Printz and J-Baps and The Colonel would have something really fresh and new cooking.

• Moderators

I think you need a draft board to do this exercise.  I there is roughly a 5% chance Luke is available at 4.  I think Robert Williams goes in the lottery (or at least isn't on the board at 19), etc.  If you have a draft board then you can make your choice from the pool of players but there is a lot of variability in who people assume will still be around at these slots.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think you need a draft board to do this exercise.  I there is roughly a 5% chance Luke is available at 4.  I think Robert Williams goes in the lottery (or at least isn't on the board at 19), etc.  If you have a draft board then you can make your choice from the pool of players but there is a lot of variability in who people assume will still be around at these slots.

Agreed, how about using NBAdraft.net current mock for your board and repick.

5 hours ago, AHF said:

It’s all wishful thinking. And why I said I hope to get Sun’s #16 to get Williams.

5 hours ago, AHF said:

And no one would’ve suspected Collins would’ve been available at 19 either. And here he is a Hawk ;)

Edited by hazer

3 hours ago, Hawk88 said:

Agreed, how about using NBAdraft.net current mock for your board and repick.

They’re never 100% accurate, they just ballpark. All of my picks are in the vicinity.

#4 Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Porter, Bamba, Jackson. Ranked in that order.

#19 Troy Brown, Gary Trent Jr., Zhaire Smith, Mitchell Robinson. Ranked in that order.

#30 Brandon McCoy, Jontay Porter, Omari Spellman, Jalen Brunson. Ranked in that order.

Regardless of position, I want BPA through out this draft. Looking at other sites mock, one or more of these players should be available when we make our picks. And just as someone is always a surprise reach; there is someone else who surprisingly drops. We will see what happens on draft night; this should be an exciting one.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Top 3 is clear for me, Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, after them is between Bamba and Porter, I would delete Jackson. I think I would go with Bamba although Porter could change my mind after workouts.

19- is between big and SG. Robert Williams, Mitchell Robinson, Zhaire Smith, Lonnie Walker, Gary Trent, Troy Brown. If we go with a big on the first I would select a SG here, Smith or Walker, if we go with Doncic or Porter I would definately try Mitchell Robinson.

30- BPA, Jontay Porter, McCoy, Wagner, Jalen Brunson, Khyri Thomas, Anfernee Simmons, Tony Carr, Graham or any of the top list if available.

33 - Okogie is my choice or any of the above

While I'd love Bagley, and think he'll be a perennial All-Star and instantly make his mark in the NBA, there's only 2 players in the top half of the lottery that has the potential to not only be a scoring star, but also possess the ability to make others around him better.  And that's Luka Doncic and Trae Young.   

With Bud gone, I think you MUST take one of those guys at #4.   I think Trae's ceiling is higher than Luka's, but his bust potential is higher as well.  Luka is the safe pick.  Trae is the risky pick.

At #19 . . . I'll take this guy

If we could get he and Dorsey to develop some chemistry as part of the 2nd unit, it may be beneficial for both guys. He's a decent 2-way player that could possibly take the place of Baze in 2 - 3 years.

At #30 . . . that's easy. 

If I'm talking about taking Doncic or Young because they make others around them better, Grayson would be a nice player to find in transition for 3 point opportunities.  I don't think he'll ever be more than a bench rotation player who can come in and knock down 3s, but that's what these teams want these days.

At #33 . . . hmmmm

Had he played last year, he may have played his way into the top 20 of this draft.  Instead, he's one of the players that got caught up in that Auburn scandal and the Tigers decided not to play him in 2017 - 18, out of fear of major NCAA violations.   So at #33, I'd take a chance on grabbing him.