• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Plumlee gets us a lottery pick??

capstone21

• Admin

Would you guys consider a Plum for Noah where we switch picks 19 for 9?

Their contracts go over the same amount of time and thus saves them about 8 million a year and we get a chance to get Bridges or the young Kentucky point guard.

I would probably do it ... I wanted to say 30 for 9 but I don't think the money savings for NY is enough to justify that ... however, 19 to 9 is great as well ... we still have 30 and 33 as well so we can pull in some potential solid bench guys there.

I really want Bridges but if he is gone I hope we would go after Gilgeous-Alexander ,,, I think that allows us to look at options of what we can potentially do with Dennis 

...this is all based on us not taking Doncic ... if we get Luka then Bridges is not the right option ... maybe Carter if he is still on the board

• Like 2

Remember that the cost savings also includes the differences between the salaries of 9 and 19. Another 1.25 million year one, 1.5 million year three. So the swap is about a $7.5 million savings for the Knicks, not $6 million.

Both contracts end after 19/20.

When these contracts end, both teams get about $40 million in cap relief (20/21 season). Neither team is over the cap next year, but the Knicks are sitting at 98 million for 11 players if all players with options take them (with 1 guaranteed pick coming at 3 million). The Hawks are at 71 million for 11 players if all exercise their options and including the leftover Crawford dead cap (with 3 guaranteed picks coming at about 6 million). The current projection is $101 million for the NBA salary cap, $123 million for the luxury cap.

So what this means is the Knicks are above the cap once 15 roster slots are filled, the Hawks are well below the cap with room to move. Neither team is anywhere near the Luxury Tax meaning there is no added incentive to drop salary. The move would give the Knicks added flexibility but not much (room to sign 1 player for about $6 million). In order to really facilitate this deal, we would have to take back about $4million (or more) in extra salary or sweeten with our future seconds.  The best player that fits this bill is Courtney Lee. Although he had good production at 13.5 per last year, he cost 12.5 million to do it.

This deal looks like this

Knicks out - Noah, Lee, 9

Knicks in - Plumlee, 19, Hawks second round pick 2019 from Cleveland via (La or Minny whichever is lower).

Salary change 2018 (not including picks). -$18.4 million. -$19.65 million.

Hawks out - Plumlee, 19, Hawks second round pick 2019 from Cleveland via (La or Minny whichever is lower).

Hawks in - Noah, Lee, 9

Salary change 2018 (not including picks). +18.4 million. With pick $19.65 million.

Last thought. This clears up a roster space for the Knicks and fills the last one for the Hawks.  This clears $815,000 for the Hawks and adds a minimum $815,000 for the Knicks.

So if you're serious about this, a realistic deal looks more like this to incentive the Knicks to part with 9.

• Admin
18 hours ago, thecampster said:

Remember that the cost savings also includes the differences between the salaries of 9 and 19. Another 1.25 million year one, 1.5 million year three. So the swap is about a $7.5 million savings for the Knicks, not $6 million.

Both contracts end after 19/20.

When these contracts end, both teams get about $40 million in cap relief (20/21 season). Neither team is over the cap next year, but the Knicks are sitting at 98 million for 11 players if all players with options take them (with 1 guaranteed pick coming at 3 million). The Hawks are at 71 million for 11 players if all exercise their options and including the leftover Crawford dead cap (with 3 guaranteed picks coming at about 6 million). The current projection is $101 million for the NBA salary cap, $123 million for the luxury cap.

So what this means is the Knicks are above the cap once 15 roster slots are filled, the Hawks are well below the cap with room to move. Neither team is anywhere near the Luxury Tax meaning there is no added incentive to drop salary. The move would give the Knicks added flexibility but not much (room to sign 1 player for about $6 million). In order to really facilitate this deal, we would have to take back about $4million (or more) in extra salary or sweeten with our future seconds.  The best player that fits this bill is Courtney Lee. Although he had good production at 13.5 per last year, he cost 12.5 million to do it.

This deal looks like this

Knicks out - Noah, Lee, 9

Knicks in - Plumlee, 19, Hawks second round pick 2019 from Cleveland via (La or Minny whichever is lower).

Salary change 2018 (not including picks). -$18.4 million. -$19.65 million.

Hawks out - Plumlee, 19, Hawks second round pick 2019 from Cleveland via (La or Minny whichever is lower).

Hawks in - Noah, Lee, 9

Salary change 2018 (not including picks). +18.4 million. With pick $19.65 million.

Last thought. This clears up a roster space for the Knicks and fills the last one for the Hawks.  This clears $815,000 for the Hawks and adds a minimum $815,000 for the Knicks.

So if you're serious about this, a realistic deal looks more like this to incentive the Knicks to part with 9.

Yes, that's a very good point about NY having motivation to do it ... however, for us for taking on Lee's salary as well I don't think it is asking too much to switch it to 30 instead of 19

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 2:26 PM, AHF said:

I would definitely do that.  Both are wastes of space but there will be a good player available at 9.  Someone like Mikal, Young, Carter, etc. will be there at 9.

From all, I hear NY values that pick like Cleveland values 8th. I don't see this being possible. It's going to take something massive for us to get this pick. I have hopes but not that much. NY would have to know they could get LeBron with FA space and they need to get rid of contracts. Other than that. I can't see it. 

• Admin
10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

From all, I hear NY values that pick like Cleveland values 8th. I don't see this being possible. It's going to take something massive for us to get this pick. I have hopes but not that much. NY would have to know they could get LeBron with FA space and they need to get rid of contracts. Other than that. I can't see it. 

If they are looking at trying for Lebron then they will be looking to compete now and to free up cap (to go after free agents).  This would def do that.

4 hours ago, capstone21 said:

If they are looking at trying for Lebron then they will be looking to compete now and to free up cap (to go after free agents).  This would def do that.

Sadly. This won't do it. Because Kanter only wants to opt out to get a long term deal from the Knicks. This deal will make LeBron possible if Kanter opt out but not Kanter which would mean Kanter won't opt out. It will take NY moving two more contracts and taking a lesser salary like Dedmon to have room to resign Enes and sign Bron.