• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lonzo anyone?

kg01

Somebody had to ax ...

First of all, I don't like the Balls.  I don't like Lonzo so much but .... I do remember him destroying us in one game and I did see him play fairly well at times before getting hurt.

He clearly needs developing offensively.  I think he's a good prospect in his own right ... outside all the dad/family stuff.

Would it be worth taking Deng to get Lonzo plus a pick from LAL as they desperately try to make room for the free agents they really want?

Eh, something to think about.

• Like 1

Negatory there, Ghostrider. LaVar needs to stay far away from Phillips, TNT, NBATV, Fox Sports, and the AJC.

• Like 2

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lonzo AND a pick to take Deng - I'd have to seriously consider it.

It is an absolute no brainer to take that from the basketball side.  The only reason not to do that is the Lavar sideshow.  And it is bad enough that I would have seriously consider it (before probably pulling the trigger).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I wouldn't say he's a thug. But he is an obnoxious, bloviating self-obsessed megalomaniac.

True I shouldn’t have labeled him a thug he’s a great dad most likely...he just goes about things in the wrong manner much like myself on Hawks boards at times. We run on emotion.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

True I shouldn’t have labeled him a thug he’s a great dad most likely...he just goes about things in the wrong manner much like myself on Hawks boards at times. We run on emotion.

It's all good. I try to be as objective as I can not let emotions influence my opinions too much.

The Lavar sideshow would actually play very well in Atlanta and actually bring much needed media attention to the franchise.   I bet $100 that he could actually be an asset to the Hawks from a marketing standpoint, than this whole "youth movement".

And Lonzo can flat out ball, and make other people better on the court.

If presented with the opportunity, this is a no-brainer type move to execute.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:42 AM, nathan2331 said:

Not interested because his dad is uncontrollable. He is talented but if the circus didn't exist, the Lakers wouldn't move him.

The Lakers would move Lonzo because they're about winning championships at all costs.  If presented the chance to obtain LeBron, Paul George, and possibly even Kawhi, they'll sacrifice all of their kids to win now.

The Lakers would move Lonzo because they're about winning championships at all costs.  If presented the chance to obtain LeBron, Paul George, and possibly even Kawhi, they'll sacrifice all of their kids to win now.

That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that Lavar brings negative attention and his son isn't good enough to offset it. I'll give Lavar credit for speaking certain things into existence, but he's making his kids lives harder than they need to be. I don't care what anyone says, more media attention doesn't help a player on the court.

On 6/16/2018 at 7:56 PM, nathan2331 said:
On 6/16/2018 at 7:41 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that Lavar brings negative attention and his son isn't good enough to offset it. I'll give Lavar credit for speaking certain things into existence, but he's making his kids lives harder than they need to be. I don't care what anyone says, more media attention doesn't help a player on the court.

I don't think that Lavar is making it harder for his sons.  He's always held his kids in high regard, and set extremely high expectations for them.  The kids know that the outlandish talk is just marketing, and don't take it serious . . . like everyone else does.

Outside of his 3 point shooting and his prone to injury, Lonzo had a good year last season.  Had he'd not taken so many 3s, his shooting would've been closer what average rookie PG look like.

You think this wouldn't fly in ATL?  You'd have ATL rappers trying to do songs with Lonzo, with daddy in the background.

I don't think that Lavar is making it harder for his sons.  He's always held his kids in high regard, and set extremely high expectations for them.  The kids know that the outlandish talk is just marketing, and don't take it serious . . . like everyone else does.

Outside of his 3 point shooting and his prone to injury, Lonzo had a good year last season.  Had he'd not taken so many 3s, his shooting would've been closer what average rookie PG look like.

You think this wouldn't fly in ATL?  You'd have ATL rappers trying to do songs with Lonzo, with daddy in the background.

I'm not rolling with BBB. I respect Lavar for getting his son to the Lakers and creating a brand for his whole family to profit off, especially when haters such as myself said it'd never happen. But I don't support them and I don't think Lonzo is worth the headaches right now. Maybe if he fixes the jumpshot he'd be worth it.