• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What happened to the Squawk?

Sothron

• Premium Member

I tried this in Firefox, Chrome and whatever IE is called now. All of them show this green and red skin when before it was the old blue and red skin. Something happened on the admin level of the site between 1am this morning and 1pm today to make it change like this. I can't even show a screenshot of how the Squawk used to look like for me. I'm typing in an almost stamp sized box on the screen on my desktop and the text is tiny as hell.

I hope someone can change this back. If changing the monthly donation color did all of this then please change it back.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I assume you don't have the option to change skins, Sothron?

Yes. I don't even have the option to sign out of the site and trying to sign bac,k in. The upper right corner where I used to see my screen name and the normal options like notifications, messages, etc. has been reduced to just notifications and messages with no options to actually get into my profile.

As of last night, if I scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the page, I believe there was still the option to select which skin you wanted to use. That option is also missing.

• Moderators

We're checking with @Admin but there might have been a change associated this site's software provider, Invision, that's not working well with the current versions of some of your browsers (thanks for checking the other browsers to confirm yours isn't just Firefox, @Sothron, but also check to see if your preferred browser version is updated).

Another user (was it @bleachkit?) was having trouble with making posts using Chrome a couple months back, and we found an Invision page that gave specific instructions for clearing the cache (which I see you already did, but see if these instructions ask for anything different). Not sure if that was the "fix" in bleach's case.

https://support.invisionapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/207797203-Clearing-your-browser-s-cache-and-cookies

((chrome users))

chrome_clear.png

((Firefox users))

firefox_clear.png

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I tried the private browser after deleting all cache/cookies on all my browsers (Seamonkey, Firefox, Chrome and IE). This site still looks the same with the tiny boxes, no option to log in and out, tiny text and no option at the bottom to switch skins. Is there any way to bring at least the change skin options back? I have to literally zoom in several times on the browser just to see what I'm writing or what someone else wrote and then zoom out to look at every other site on the internet.

I appreciate you guys trying to find solutions but it looks like this something I can't adjust on the user end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hazer said:

Everything looks the same to me. Only thing that changed since the recent crash is now I only have 10 likes in a 24-hr period, you can’t see who likes your posts, and there’s no editing of posts. Graphics? Same as always.

It's always been 10 likes in a 24 hour period.  I had that happen to me one time . . . 2 years ago.

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

I also don't remember seeing at the very top Home, Activity, Browse, Vip & Donations, Support, Leaderboard

This isn't workable for me, I can't hardly see anything. This can't just be me.

Hawksquawk has trouble with certain browsers. On chrome I cant log in, I have to use my PC (windows).

• Premium Member

I just hope they can fix this. It definitely isn't just me having issues from all the responses. It worked absolutely fine on all my browsers on my desktop PC, the only thing I use, until sometime after 1am on Saturday 06/16/18.

• Premium Member

Any updates? This is now day 2 of this nightmare. I can't keep posting here if the boards will remain like this. The posts are seriously stamp sized and the text is even smaller. It is a PITA blowing up every post just to read or reply and then blowing back down for the rest of the internet.

Any updates? This is now day 2 of this nightmare. I can't keep posting here if the boards will remain like this. The posts are seriously stamp sized and the text is even smaller. It is a PITA blowing up every post just to read or reply and then blowing back down for the rest of the internet.

Have you tried using Tapatalk on your phone? It's a decent alternative.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

I never use my cellphone. Any time you see me post it is always on my desktop PC.

I know lethal is trying to run this down with admin.  I’m in an airport so not of much use at the moment (nor am I tech savvy enough to be much help in any event) but my uneducated guess is that it is the skin you were running since most posters use the default and no one else has had this issue.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

I never use my cellphone. Any time you see me post it is always on my desktop PC.

Try jumping on your cell phone if you can.  There is a place to switch theme at the bottom.  Worth a shot.

• Like 1

Probably a silly question, but have you  checked the zoom on your browser itself? Make sure your zoom is at 100% and hasn't accidentally rolled to 50% or something making all the content smaller. Also as a short-term fix if it is a issue you can increase your browser zoom to over 100% to increase the size of the content. Try 150% or higher.  You just have to play with the percentages to get what's comfortable for you. 

Here's the instructions for how to adjust zoom in chrome. 

Zoom in or out on your current page

Use the zoom options to make everything on a webpage larger or smaller.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More.
  3. Next to "Zoom," choose the zoom options you want:
    • Make everything larger: Click Zoom in Zoom in.
    • Make everything smaller: Click Zoom out Zoom out.
    • Use full-screen mode: Click Full screen Full screen

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Probably a silly question, but have you  checked the zoom on your browser itself? Make sure your zoom is at 100% and hasn't accidentally rolled to 50% or something making all the content smaller. Also as a short-term fix if it is a issue you can increase your browser zoom to over 100% to increase the size of the content. Try 150% or higher.  You just have to play with the percentages to get what's comfortable for you. 

I suspect he would have seen that on other pages but worth checking if nothing else is working.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

I appreciate the tip but that's what I'm already having to do. I've honestly never seen this version of squawk until Saturday afternoon when I logged in. I don't know how anyone can use it. The posts are small and the text size is tiny. As I mentioned in the other posts I have to manually zoom in just on this page and when I look at all other sites I have to zoom back out. It is a PITA to do this.

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Try jumping on your cell phone if you can.  There is a place to switch theme at the bottom.  Worth a shot.

I'll try that out when I get to my phone to turn it on.