• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency, July 1st....let the games begin

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
Now that the Draft is over and Free Agency looms July 1st.
What's the Hawks plans? Schlenck said on radio this morning, they'll just sit back and let the FA frenzy play out and sign one or two FAs to fill out the roster.

We had approximately $26 mill in capspace minus our 3 rookies, so maybe about $16 mil now. An extra $5 if Moose opts out. (My nimbers maybe slightly be off as I'm doing this from memory).

I still think we'll have a chance to gain some future asset(s) from teams looking to dump salary.
Bucks, Wiz, Wolves, Nuggets, Pistons, Blazers, Spurs - all teams that were looking to dump contracts before the draft. They'll still be looking to make moves in FA

Baze, Dennis, Plumlee - what's next and where to?
I wonder if the Dedmon opt in was to go to Bucks since we had a trade lined up with them for #17?

• Premium Member

Didn't think he would opt out and leave $28 mil on the table.

With both him and Daryl Arthur picking up their option, Denver is now over the cap and will be into the Luxury Tax after resigning Jokic. 

Hawks will be in position to take on salary dumps for an asset.

• Like 2

If we move Baze I would kick the tires on mccaw. He’s young a defender and golden state may not pay much as they are facing luxury tax he’ll even before Durant is resigned. Noel intrests me but for the right price. He’s a defender and after being effectively ostrizized by Dallas could be a buy cheap prove it type. I think it takes the max that Capela can get to get him here and I don’t care for him. The rest of our space take a bad contract for future capital.

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Didn't think he would opt out and leave $28 mil on the table.

With both him and Daryl Arthur picking up their option, Denver is now over the cap and will be into the Luxury Tax after resigning Jokic. 

Hawks will be in position to take on salary dumps for an asset.

Not only OKC, but half the world can’t wait until Melo’s contract is up...man.

15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That’s a good summary.  Schlenk has a lot of challenges to use that cap in a tight market.

Hope there is a bidding war for cap space.  I’d like to see Dennis, Baze, or Plumlee moved in exchange for some expiring deals.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Super wish Baze's option was a team option and not a player option.  The best thing I can say about that deal is that at least we gave it to Baze and not Evan "the Human Dumpster Fire" Turner.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Super wish Baze's option was a team option and not a player option.  The best thing I can say about that deal is that at least we gave it to Baze and not Evan "the Human Dumpster Fire" Turner.

Indeed.

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was thinking so initially, but Travis likes guys who can Dribble, Pass, Shoot - DPS.

This is true ...can’t say that he didn’t repeat the “DPS” comment several times.

Good point...Travis may feel he has his splash brothers and draymond green already via draft and perhaps is looking for his iggy (shutdown defender off the bench ) in say Marcus Smart?

This is the one time I’d say don’t take C Vivs tweet with a grain of salt ....

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

This is true ...can’t say that he didn’t repeat the “DPS” comment several times.

Good point...Travis may feel he has his splash brothers and draymond green already via draft and perhaps is looking for his iggy (shutdown defender off the bench ) in say Marcus Smart?

Pass.

1. I don't want anything from Boston, they haven't looked so good when they leave Brad.

2. He'll command too much money and I don't think we are in a position to do that.

3. I'd rather give Bembry a his last shot.

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Pass.

1. I don't want anything from Boston, they haven't looked so good when they leave Brad.

2. He'll command too much money and I don't think we are in a position to do that.

Forgot about Bembry he may flourish under Pierce....good points

Bembry just need to stay healthy at this point . He’s shown some good defensive potential.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pass.

I'd be interested in talking to Smart.  He seems like a decent fit with Trae (Smart guards the 2's) and I've seen articles indicating that while he wants a nice 8 figure per season salary that he is unlikely to get it.  Boston is hoping to resign him at Dedmon salary levels.