• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency, July 1st....let the games begin

JayBirdHawk

6 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

You don't bring Rondo in to start ... he is a good distributor but that's all he really does well nowadays.... he doesn't defend, shoot or bring a great attitude which makes this signing at such a large amount so surprising.    

ugh, if thats your shooters there is trouble.  Lopez isn't on the team

Swap Lopez for Boogie. lol

• Admin
15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I have no idea what the Lakers are doing.  This is like a bad show of LeBron and Friends.  Robert Pelinka has been demoted with LeBron taking over as GM.

I don't know if McGee/Lance/Rondo are among LeBron's group of friends.  

Just now, terrell said:

Swap Lopez for Boogie. lol

And the difference is, you get WIDE OPEN shots playin with Lebron. They should all boost their %.  a lil bit.Just sayin.

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

I don't know if McGee/Lance/Rondo are among LeBron's group of friends.  

LBJ loves Rondo as a player. And ive heard him say many times how much he respects Lance' competitiveness. Cleveland actually tried to trade for Lance at one time for all its worth..

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

18 million per year ... way overpay.  He is a nice/solid role player who actually doesn't fit well next to Gobert

After the Favors signing they are at 110 million. 12 to 15 starting will scare them even if they do match. Front load it and he will probably be allowed to walk.

Bobby Marks: The Jazz are at $110M in salary after signing Derrick Favors to a two-year contract. With restricted free agent still Dante Exum still to be signed, Utah can create flexibility with the $4.2M Jonas Jerebko and $3.4M Ekpe Udoh contract. Both players have a July 9 cut date.

2 hours ago – via Twitter BobbyMarks42

https://hoopshype.com/team/utah-jazz/

• Admin
1 minute ago, terrell said:

LBJ loves Rondo as a player. And ive heard him say many times how much he respects Lance' competitiveness. Cleveland actually tried to trade for Lance at one time for all its worth..

Well he got them and their redundancies ... it will be interesting to see what he does with them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

They probably signed Lance so he can harass Durant. And Rondo to get in Stephs head . lol

• Admin
Just now, terrell said:

They probably signed Lance so he can harass Durant. And Rondo to get in Stephs head . lol

Rondo hasn't played d for years.  Lance, yeah he is a little Ron 'Metta World Peace' Artest crazy 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DBac said:

Good lord Lakers. Magic Johnson has lost his mind.

Also don't like Derrick Favors back to the Jazz. I guess it doesn't hurt to have him at their disposal but they'd be better served with a stretch 4.

Magic isn't calling the shots.  This is all LeBron.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Thoughts on Julius Randle?

I think he would be a solid pickup as he is a good rebounder and post scorer but wouldn't it be at the expense of Collins and his development as they both play PF.  He is a terrible defender too.

Just now, KB21 said:

I don't think so, because Lebron has always been consistent in bringing in shooters around him. These guys are downright awful fits next to him.

And even if it was Lebron, the Lakers FO absolutely blew it with these contracts.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

You don't bring Rondo in to start ... he is a good distributor but that's all he really does well nowadays.... he doesn't defend, shoot or bring a great attitude which makes this signing at such a large amount so surprising.    

Agree that Rondo is best suited to be a backup at this point but he can still play a little.  He generally shoots around 46% from the floor and has hit 36% of his 3pters over the last 3 seasons.  Has put up over 10 assists per 36 over that same time frame.  Usually steps his game up a notch in the playoffs as well (averaged a double-double with 10 & 12 for NOP over 9 games and 33 mpg last season).

Now the fit with him not being a great shooter (i.e., floor spacing and 3pt volume) is a real head scratcher.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Rondo hasn't played d for years.  Lance, yeah he is a little Ron 'Metta World Peace' Artest crazy 

Yeah, but he's still a nuisance. lol

21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Would say thats hard to believe because I watched every minute of the great Celtic/Laker rivalries no matter what decade but ...yeah LeBron is already calling the shots and his seat isn't even all that warm yet...but everyone else's definitely is. Only in the NBA, you know.

3 minutes ago, smoove31210 said:

I am a Lakers fan as well and at least we are making moves! The Hawks on the other hand and doing what they do best....absolutely nothing meaningful!

Congrats on becoming a fan of the Lakers yesterday...now...skeet skeet

• Like 2