• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency, July 1st....let the games begin

JayBirdHawk

31 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Joke is on Magic ... the team is a mess right now

I wouldn’t call the Lakers a mess.

Signed Rondo,Lance , Pope, and McGee to one year contracts, so they will be players in free agents next year too.

• Moderators

Cousins will fit in just fine with GS.  He has the size to body up and outrebound traditional bigs with the perimeter shooting and passing to fit in like a glove with their system.  The main downside for him is he will have some very underwhelming play as he recovers from a major injury.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Cousins will fit in just fine with GS.  He has the size to body up and outrebound traditional bigs with the perimeter shooting and passing to fit in like a glove with their system.  The main downside for him is he will have some very underwhelming play as he recovers from a major injury.

I am sure he will fit in and contribute but I don't think he makes them better.  He is another another offensive weapon on a team that has too many already.  He will have to sacrifice a lot which is fine but a bigger need for the Warriors was for a big that protects the rim and defends.  Cousins doesn't do that. 

He would have had a much bigger impact with the Lakers who need a player like him... the warriors don't need him but it is nice insurance to have.  I don't consider the Warriors big winners (they are winners in that they got someone like him at such a small amount but for team need its not really met) but I do think both LA and are the losers in this.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I am sure he will fit in and contribute but I don't think he makes them better.  He is another another offensive weapon on a team that has too many already.  He will have to sacrifice a lot which is fine but a bigger need for the Warriors was for a big that protects the rim and defends.  Cousins doesn't do that. 

He would have had a much bigger impact with the Lakers who need a player like him... the warriors don't need him.

I don't disagree that the Warriors don't need him (they are championship level already) but he will definitely make them better if he plays like he did when he was healthy.  And there isn't a team that has too many offensive weapons when part of what makes those weapons great is a plus ability to pass the ball.  It is the blackhole players like Melo that are disruptive to an offense.  You can't have too many guys like Curry, Durant, etc. who don't feel a need to "get theirs" but who are capable of burying the opposition.  I am pretty confident Cousins won't be ballhogging in GS which I think will translate into an improved, even more dangerous GS team with him on the floor when they get healthy.

• Admin
Just now, AHF said:

I don't disagree that the Warriors don't need him (they are championship level already) but he will definitely make them better if he plays like he did when he was healthy.  And there isn't a team that has too many offensive weapons when part of what makes those weapons great is a plus ability to pass the ball.  It is the blackhole players like Melo that are disruptive to an offense.  You can't have too many guys like Curry, Durant, etc. who don't feel a need to "get theirs" and I am pretty confident Cousins won't be doing that in GS which I think will translate into an improved, even more dangerous GS team with him on the floor when they get healthy.

I don't think he will ... I actually think he will finally be humbled a bit and will go in and sacrifice his offensive game a lot.  My thing is that he really isn't going to impact their success much so I don't see it as a big deal as so many people are freaking out about on Twitter and everywhere else.  For a team like GS he is just depth ... he won't be a impact player.  

8 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He would have had a much bigger impact with the Lakers who need a player like him... the warriors don't need him but it is nice insurance to have.  I don't consider the Warriors big winners (they are winners in that they got someone like him at such a small amount but for team need its not really met) but I do think both LA and are the losers in this.

The art of war. Taking a strength away from your opponent is sometimes a bigger win than adding the strength. Spurs, Lakers, OKC, Houston, Boston, Portland etc would all be better off with Cousins, and now they cannot have him. At least this year anyway!

I think this is a hell of a move for them and floored me last night when I heard about it watching our Hawks play.

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I don't think he will ... I actually think he will finally be humbled a bit and will go in and sacrifice his offensive game a lot.  My thing is that he really isn't going to impact their success much so I don't see it as a big deal as so many people are freaking out about on Twitter and everywhere else.  For a team like GS he is just depth ... he won't be a impact player.  

Sounds like we are largely on the same page as to how it will go but just see the significance of it differently.  I think GS is devastating with their floor spacing and he will just make that even worse for opponents which will in turn make them that much better.  Whether you call that significant or not is more subjective.  

He will not elevate them up a level where they have never been but I can absolutely see lineups with him after he is healthy being huge +/- positives for the team (and moreso than the lineups they would have run with those minutes) and I'd call that impact play.

Just now, capstone21 said:

I think this is the bigger key of this signing

If he is 90% of what he was by the end of the season, it is going to fun to watch Boogie carry them while they rest Durant. Now tell me that is not scary!

• Like 1

Ah man, I figured out the real reason @Sothron has been so crabby lately ...

As for Butler, a league source said that he also has no intentions of signing an extension with Minnesota, all but fed up with the nonchalant attitude of his younger teammates, specifically Karl-Anthony Towns.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/jimmy-butler-and-kyrie-irving-could-have-plans-to-try-and-take-over-the-east/

First his beloved Hawks draft Rayford.  Now his side-piece team seems to be on a slow speed chase towards implosion.

Hey, I'mma lay off you sapphron.  You going through a lot these days.

On another note ........ where's Kyme and Jimi gonna team up?  They want to stay in the East ... maybe the southeast.  Jussayin'

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm not sweating that. Butler loves Thibs more than any player loves a coach in the NBA. He's staying in Minn.

That's fine but, at the end of the day, MIN will side with KAT.  We'll see where they are after another year of middling effort from Wiggins/KAT.  Oko being there helps you tremendously.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's fine but, at the end of the day, MIN will side with KAT.  We'll see where they are after another year of middling effort from Wiggins/KAT.  Oko being there helps you tremendously.

Wiggins defense starting in Dec. was better. The whole team's defense started getting better as the season went on. Another year under Thibs should have them even better.

To any of the many people here with sauces: is there any truth to us being interested in Zach Lavine? Not my first option, but the team would be a hell lot of fun to watch. I kind of hope schlenk offers him a 4 year $70 mil deal. If he comes, he's still young. If Chicago matches, we are the only team with significant cap space and we can run the price up for those teams needing salary relief.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Wiggins defense starting in Dec. was better. The whole team's defense started getting better as the season went on. Another year under Thibs should have them even better.

It’s funny cause butler kinda rubbed some of his young bulls teammates the wrong way him, wade and ironically rondo. Veterans expecting young guys to suddenly come on to there level because you signed with them. My thing act like you’ve been there before show them the right path. 

Also the boogie thing is getting more intresting

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/more-on-demarcus-cousins-deal-with-warriors.html

I blame the other 29 teams my hawks included.

boogie would not have had a impact on our winning  probate return in January and then we coulda eased him in and we had space seems like a low risk high payoff if it worked. Alas we are stuck paying plumlee. 

24 minutes ago, DS5 said:

To any of the many people here with sauces: is there any truth to us being interested in Zach Lavine? Not my first option, but the team would be a hell lot of fun to watch. I kind of hope schlenk offers him a 4 year $70 mil deal. If he comes, he's still young. If Chicago matches, we are the only team with significant cap space and we can run the price up for those teams needing salary relief.

With all the rFA's still unsigned with seemingly no interest coming, I'd bet that "rumor" was made up.  Couple that with Slink saying specifically that they would not do that, it reinforces my belief that it was merely planted by Lavine's folks to drum up interest.

Also, Lavine isn't intriguing because he's not really a shooter plus plays no defense.  Not a fit IMHO.

15 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

I blame the other 29 teams my hawks included.

boogie would not have had a impact on our winning  probate return in January and then we coulda eased him in and we had space seems like a low risk high payoff if it worked. Alas we are stuck paying plumlee. 

Nah, he'd be a malcontent here and a negative influence on the whole program.  Thus, would not be a piece trade-able for assets and we would likely not want to re-sign him.  Serves no purpose for us.

The real person at blame here is his agent who apparently killed a s-n-t deal to POR because he's Nurkic's agent too.  Seems like he was trying to make sure he got paid by both of them getting new deals.

Just now, kg01 said:

With all the rFA's still unsigned with seemingly no interest coming, I'd bet that "rumor" was made up.  Couple that with Slink saying specifically that they would not do that, it reinforces my belief that it was merely planted by Lavine's folks to drum up interest.

Also, Lavine isn't intriguing because he's not really a shooter plus plays no defense.  Not a fit IMHO.

Nah, he'd be a malcontent here and a negative influence on the whole program.  Thus, would not be a piece trade-able for assets and we would likely not want to re-sign him.  Serves no purpose for us.

The real person at blame here is his agent who apparently killed a s-n-t deal to POR because he's Nurkic's agent too.  Seems like he was trying to make sure he got paid by both of them getting new deals.

Boogies a lot of things probably neither of us knows but I think that a lot of the stigma against him has to do with Sacramento who hasn’t been really a model franchise since the Webber, Peja, bibby days. Plus that whole George Karl thing less people forget Karl went at Ray Allen also.  I think boogie is fiery and has a desire to win  I see nothing wrong with that.  And I would love him in Atlanta over some of the recent bigs that have rolled through Atlanta outside of Dedmon, Howard, Ivan the knock your block off for thinking it and al a little bit though I hated horford for his lack of rebounding toughness. And yes I said it excuse my language but f*** muscala, ayton, Tavares, plumlee and all the rest of the bums that have been a disgrace.