• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency, July 1st....let the games begin

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Tony left because of C.R.E.A.M. Kyle Anderson probably the same thing.

I don't blame Pops or the Spurs at all about Kawhi. That guy is looney tunes. There's something not right with him. The way he has let his uncle represent him and his team treat the Spurs the past season was disgusting. Frankly I've lost all respect for him.

As for other guys leaving, I do believe it is a combination of C.R.E.A.M. and the reality that Pops doesn't have long to coach. I could see him retiring any day now. Losing his wife of so  many years is something you don't emerge from as the same person. Given his age, accomplishments and the Kawhi situation I can see him retiring either before this season or at the end of this upcoming one.

2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Dumb political stuff.  

? no I honestly wasn’t too annoyed by them. It’s like they respected the game, were quiet and confident champions without too much arrogance. 

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

They won’t have to bottom out purposely so I wouldn’t call it a tank. Their roster minus Kawhi will just be bad.

They don’t tank they retool ? 

• Like 1

I'm on the Spur's side on this because Kawhi made over two million per game last year (nine games) but lets a relative play the negative PR role for him. Slo Mo may be gone to Memphis now and hopefully Kawhi returns a starting SF such as a Kuzma type who is versatile and then whatever picks. Always felt the Spurs were pretty classy and certainly not as heavy media bound which is actually surprising in today's NBA. Will be interesting what unfolds and a big trade could help resolve some of that too long in the tooth roster. 

• Like 2

Once the Bulls match LaVine's offer, it will be us and the Kings as the last men standing with the most workable cap space. I do not have a clue who we may sign or what trade happens to get a asset for salary.

OKC, GSW, Raptors, and Wizards are in luxury tax. The Nuggets are still there also even with the Chandler salary dump. OKC, Raptors, and Wizards IMO are in the most trouble; and should be close to being desperate to do something before the season starts.

• Like 2

Just now, Gray Mule said:

BUZZARD:  Desperate, we like !!

I do not know how the Raptors, Wizards, and OKC can justify their current team salaries based on their lack of playoff success.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Looks like POR has officially signed off on middlin'.  Re-signed Nurkic (sp?) to a 4yr deal.

So the core that seems to be clearly down-sloping has been reupped for multiple years at near-max dollars.  Congrats? 

But that’s before the Lillard to Lakers takes place...

(I’m calling Magic’s bluff...into reality)..

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Desperation meets desperation.

That's a look in the future of the Hawks.

Just wait until we offer Taurean Prince 20 million per.   See if we feel the same way.

Prince>LaVine 

doh

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

That's a good attempt by Memphis using the MLE to acquire a decent rotation player.  They lost Tyreke Evans, who went to Indiana.   If signed, that puts Memphis right up against the Luxury Tax line, but not over it.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You sure?   What makes Prince better than Lavine?    Asking for a "friend" . . .

They are pretty equal right now in every stat for their careers you can find. But last season Prince was clearly better. Zach's injury makes him a risk plus with Prince only being in his 3rd season, I think gives him a higher ceiling.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Looks like POR has officially signed off on middlin'.  Re-signed Nurkic (sp?) to a 4yr deal.

So the core that seems to be clearly down-sloping has been reupped for multiple years at near-max dollars.  Congrats? 

I know someone who would be on board. [emoji57]

I wouldn’t bet on them getting a title with that roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

35 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You sure?   What makes Prince better than Lavine?    Asking for a "friend" . . .

If I’m putting together a roster I’m going to take Prince right now. I feel like he’s much more efficient, plays mainly to his strengths and most importantly, I think his defense is a couple notches higher for sure than LaVine. 

Plus, LaVine has had a major injury so there’s that too.

• Like 1

• Moderators

LaVine’s injury history and longer track record of empty numbers makes him less desirable to me.  Games played means something.  So does LaVine’s absolute disregard for defense even when playing under defensive coaches.  When he starts playing harder and smarter he has the talent to reverse that but until then those types of highlight reels are better for him than actual game tapes.

• Like 1