• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Bets Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
On 8/10/2022 at 1:06 PM, AHF said:

The latest bet is a 3 way on whether Jalen Johnson averages 20 mpg for the Hawks.  

If Jalen averages 20 mpg in the 2022-23 season, then @sturt wins and gets control of my avatar for 2 weeks and @Packfill's avatar for 2 weeks.

If Jalen averages less than 20 mpg in the 2022-23 season, then I get control of his avatar for 2 weeks and Packfill gets it for 2 weeks.

This is another one of those bets where I am rooting for myself to lose because I think if JJ averages 20 mpg it will speak volumes about how successful his development is coming along!

Uncle! Uncle! Uncle!

JJ didn't even get in the game last night.

@Packfilland @AHF go ahead and send me my punishment for my bad inclination.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 3/1/2023 at 9:13 AM, sturt said:

Uncle! Uncle! Uncle!

JJ didn't even get in the game last night.

@Packfilland @AHF go ahead and send me my punishment for my bad inclination.

Just freed up and created something quickly for you.  Not going to win awards for creativity but conveys some of your sparkle.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@JayBirdHawk how many more days? :er: Didn’t my sentence start around Valentines 💘 day? :er: Another week or so I get a haircut! :boogiedown: Hint: It’ll have something to do with the color streak in Saddiq’s hair. (Or possibly not at all :batman::laugh1:

February 10th. Today is March 10th so you are FREE!

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Love @sturt new haircut. 😆 

Thanks, Baldy. 😄 But it's more a perm to add curl, and layers of hair dye. People always said I had a pointy head, of course, but this nose job just don't look right. *snort* *snort*

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 3/13/2023 at 9:49 AM, AHF said:

Jaybird / hazer - Will Cooper beat out the other guards on the team to 'permanently' become the Hawks' new #2 point guard no later than by Wednesday, February 16, 2022?  In order to win, once Cooper beats the others out he must hold that role for the rest of the year with that being defined by removing injury factors (and so his getting injured after beating out Delon, et al wouldn't negate it just as he couldn't achieve it by Delon getting hurt, etc.).  - Winner:  Jaybird  (avatar bet)

@hazer  and I never did finalize our avatar bet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

If the Hawks pay the luxury tax for the 2023-24 season, [Spud] wins and get to pick [AHF's] avatar for a month (or a thirty day window if not a full month).

If the Hawks don't pay the luxury tax for the 2023-24 season, [AHF] wins and gets to pick [Spud's] avatar for a month (or a thirty day window if not a full month).

This is measured at the end of the season.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 3/30/2023 at 3:44 PM, JeffS17 said:

I found it -- a little different than what I remembered, but I said he'd shoot 40% from three on low attempts next season.

image.png

On 3/31/2023 at 11:55 AM, JeffS17 said:

1-3 attempts, yes!

On 3/31/2023 at 2:23 PM, JeffS17 said:

OO also has to shoot 40%+ lol...

It was a hot take but I have an affinity for high risk low reward bets

On 3/31/2023 at 4:46 PM, bleachkit said:

If he shoots less than 1 3PA that should be a win for me. The spirit of the bet is a disagreement about whether OO becomes a three point shooter at all, much less a good one. 

On 3/31/2023 at 4:50 PM, JeffS17 said:

Yes I agree.  And if it's more than 1 3PA but lower than 40%, you also win.

@bleachkit adding these here so I don't keep losing them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Question 🙋🏻‍♀️..

Since I’m gonna have to pay 💰 @AHF an avatar for the Hawks being cheapskates soon and Mac will have to pay me for my Lions 🦁 playing the best ball since .. I dunno 🤷‍♀️ ever… aaaannnd @macdaddy and AHF are the same person, does it cancel itself out or am I riding with Jalen Johnson and Mac with Bobby Sura (fresh on the mind) take it for a mont? :mellow:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Question 🙋🏻‍♀️..

Since I’m gonna have to pay 💰 @AHF an avatar for the Hawks being cheapskates soon and Mac will have to pay me for my Lions 🦁 playing the best ball since .. I dunno 🤷‍♀️ ever… aaaannnd @macdaddy and AHF are the same person, does it cancel itself out or am I riding with Jalen Johnson and Mac with Bobby Sura (fresh on the mind) take it for a mont? :mellow:

Our bet won't be done until we pass the trade deadline so I think you will be owed your payment from macdaddy a little sooner.  And let's be honest, if you ended up with a Jalen Johnson avatar that would be cause for celebration at this point right?  He has already won you over.  Would be like giving you a OO avatar now.  (Well, maybe not quite that far!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Question 🙋🏻‍♀️..

We aren't the same person.  He's like Rob Lowe and i'm Chad.  I try to be like him but something's just off. 

Glad i'm extending my 'never won a bet' streak this year.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Glad i'm extending my 'never won a bet' streak this year.  

😂 if I jinxed my Lions 🦁 with this thread 🧵 then I should be booted! Falcons here I come baby!!!! 🥳 

I’ve never switched fav team in my life Doh 😖 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...