• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Bets Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Update:  Spud better be ready for bleachkit's vengeance unleashed.  At 1-8 and radiating dysfunction, that Cleveland pick is super at risk of not conveying this season.  For a guy who bought into a Shelden tatoo, I can't wait to see what bleachkit thinks is a punishing image for a Hawks fan!

I’m in deep trouble. Only a huge Altman deal, like getting Jimmy Butler would save me now... ? 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Tatoo likely a loke.

AHF v Peoriabird - Where does Trae rank on the team in FGA?  Short version is AHF wins if he is top 2.  Peoria wins if 3 or lower.

Update:  As of this morning, Trae has 137 FGA as the top volume shooter on the roster.  #2 and #3 have shot 121 (Prince) and 101 (Baze) respectively.

@hazer

@KB21

@NBASupes

@Spud2nique

@bleachkit

@Peoriabird

Yeah cause John Collins has been out and Prince is worse that I thought he would be.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah cause John Collins has been out and Prince is worse that I thought he would be.

I'm not convinced Collins is naturally a high volume shooter.  Was 8th on the team in FGA/gm last season and 12th in FGA/36.  Not sure I see him shooting more than 15 times a game this year.  

Either way, I can't wait for Collins to come back.  Should be really exciting to see the opportunities he gets with his improved skill and Trae feeding him.  We definitely miss him.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not convinced Collins is naturally a high volume shooter.  Was 8th on the team in FGA/gm last season and 12th in FGA/36.  Not sure I see him shooting more than 15 times a game this year.  

Either way, I can't wait for Collins to come back.  Should be really exciting to see the opportunities he gets with his improved skill and Trae feeding him.  We definitely miss him.

He didn't shoot much last year because he was a rim runner and Dennis isn't a set up guy but Trae is.  I can't agree more,  I can't wait for John to return!!!  We got a little glimpse of Batman and Robin in summer league and I want more!

• Like 1

The return of J-Bap (replacing Vinsanity and CalOmari in the starting lineup) is going to win this bet for me. That, and The Huert getting more minutes. And Ice Très being better than we all imagined ? #traevolution

4 hours ago, AHF said:

The 11% of the season completed update on bets:

Hazer v KB - Hawks Finish - Do the Hawks finish with a record making them one of the 7 worst records in the league (KB) or do they finish better (Hazer)?

Update:  This one is right on the cusp with KB having the edge today.  Hawks are sitting with the 7th worst record in the league as of this morning.

Supes v KB - Marvin Bagley BPM - Supes wins if Bagley's BPM > 0; KB wins if < 0; push at 0 exactly

Update:  KB is solidly in the lead here.  Bagley's BPM sits at a -0.8.  Defense is actually mildly positive YTD but the offense is dragging him down.

Spud v bleachkit - Does the Cavs pick convey this year? - Spud wins if it conveys.  bleachkit wins if it doesn't.

Update:  Spud better be ready for bleachkit's vengeance unleashed.  At 1-8 and radiating dysfunction, that Cleveland pick is super at risk of not conveying this season.  For a guy who bought into a Shelden tatoo, I can't wait to see what bleachkit thinks is a punishing image for a Hawks fan!

Tatoo likely a loke.

AHF v Peoriabird - Where does Trae rank on the team in FGA?  Short version is AHF wins if he is top 2.  Peoria wins if 3 or lower.

Update:  As of this morning, Trae has 137 FGA as the top volume shooter on the roster.  #2 and #3 have shot 121 (Prince) and 101 (Baze) respectively.

@hazer

@KB21

@NBASupes

@Spud2nique

@bleachkit

@Peoriabird

I should’ve just bet our original disagreement: @KB21 stated Hawks would finish worse this year than last, I stated they’d finish better. That would’ve given him the win with 1st thru 3rd worst record, me the win with 5th worst or better. But that would’ve been taking candy from a baby. So I had to go out on a bold limb to keep it interesting and bet they’d finish in the better half of the lottery instead of the worse half. I’ll still be picking his avatar, skeered money don’t win ?

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

I should’ve just bet our original disagreement: @KB21 stated Hawks would finish worse this year than last, I stated they’d finish better. That would’ve given him the win with 1st thru 3rd worst record, me the win with 5th worst or better. But that would’ve been taking candy from a baby. So I had to go out on a bold limb to keep it interesting and bet they’d finish in the better half of the lottery instead of the worse half. I’ll still be picking his avatar, skeered money don’t win ?

With Ice Très, The Huert, Fresh Printz, J-Bap, and Dedmon Walking, this team is winning 28 games barring major injury.

Comon @bleachkit if you feel so confidently about the Mavs pick not converting, place a bet on it. Forget double or nothing on the Cavs bet, you win them both you can control my avatar for a year! That’s some great odds! But if you honestly don’t believe that, then why keep saying it. JUMP!

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Comon @bleachkit if you feel so confidently about the Mavs pick not converting, place a bet on it. Forget double or nothing on the Cavs bet, you win them both you can control my avatar for a year! That’s some great odds! But if you honestly don’t believe that, then why keep saying it. JUMP

What I actually said was that I think the Mavs have about 50% chance of being in the bottom 5. Why would I bet on 50% odds? Now if you want to make a bet that the Mavs will be in the bottom 8 or not I'm all for it because that is better than 50% odds.

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What I actually said was that I think the Mavs have about 50% chance of being in the bottom 5. Why would I bet on 50% odds? Now if you want to make a bet that the Mavs will be in the bottom 8 or not I'm all for it because that is better than 50% odds.

You peaked my interest now...I’m listening. Gimme 7 and it’s a bet. If we get the 8th pick I win, if we get the 6th pick you win...if we get the 7th pick it’s a push and obviously you still control my Cavs crappy lost bet for a month? Does that sound fair?

so the bet would be:

Mavs pick 8-30 I win and it cancels out my other bet (Cavs, granted I lose the bet, if I win that bet miraculously somehow and this bet then I control your avatar for 2 months (1 for Cavs, 1 for Mavs).

Mavs pick 1-6 You win the bet and get to control my avatar for a year IF, you also win that Cavs bet, if you only win this, you control my avatar for a month. 

If Mavs pick 7th, it’s a push, meaning the Mavs bet is off completely.

Deal? @bleachkit

For squawkers reading this: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED???? WE WANNA SHOW YOU A GOOD TIME JUST WAITING FOR THE VIRTUAL HANDSHAKE ? FROM “the bleached one ☝? “!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

You peaked my interest now...I’m listening. Gimme 7 and it’s a bet. If we get the 8th pick I win, if we get the 6th pick you win...if we get the 7th pick it’s a push and obviously you still control my Cavs crappy lost bet for a month? Does that sound fair?

so the bet would be:

Mavs pick 8-30 I win and it cancels out my other bet (Cavs, granted I lose the bet, if I win that bet miraculously somehow and this bet then I control your avatar for 2 months (1 for Cavs, 1 for Mavs).

Mavs pick 1-6 You win the bet and get to control my avatar for a year IF, you also win that Cavs bet, if you only win this, you control my avatar for a month. 

If Mavs pick 7th, it’s a push, meaning the Mavs bet is off completely.

Deal? @bleachkit

For squawkers reading this: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED???? WE WANNA SHOW YOU A GOOD TIME JUST WAITING FOR THE VIRTUAL HANDSHAKE ? FROM “the bleached one ☝? “!!!

My bet has nothing to do with where they pick. That is determined by ping pong balls. My bet is they will have one of the worst 8 records in the NBA. Those are the only terms I am willing to bet on.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

My bet has nothing to do with where they pick. That is determined by ping pong balls. My bet is they will have one of the worst 8 records in the NBA. Those are the only terms I am willing to bet on.

Reading this as:  if Dallas finishes with one of the 8 worst records (or end up in bottom 8 prior to lottery based on tiebreakers), you win.  If they end up 9th worst or better, Spud wins.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Reading this as:  if Dallas finishes with one of the 8 worst records (or end up in bottom 8 prior to lottery based on tiebreakers), you win.  If they end up 9th worst or better, Spud wins.

Ohhhh that’s tough for me as I initially thought the pick was gonna land between 7-12...hmmm no that 7th being a push is important. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, KB21 said:

Checking in on the bets:

Hawks on pace for 16 wins this season.  Bagley with a -2.7 BPM.

This is like taking candy from a baby.

Without our starting C most of the season, and PF all of it. Which may be by design, but will swing back to the mean once healthy and this team will win over 20 games. But I actually hope you are right and I lose the bet, the entire top 5 in this year’s draft look better to me than I first thought. I’d much prefer the Hawks finish 1 of bottom 3 teams to land Barrett/Zion/Reddish/etc to being right about prediction and avatar bet. Because I’m a pragmatist, not a narcissist ✅

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hazer said:

Without our starting C most of the season, and PF all of it. Which may be by design, but will swing back to the mean once healthy and this team will win over 20 games. But I actually hope you are right and I lose the bet, the entire top 5 in this year’s draft look better to me than I first thought. I’d much prefer the Hawks finish 1 of bottom 3 teams to land Barrett/Zion/Reddish/etc to being right about prediction and avatar bet. Because I’m a pragmatist, not a narcissist ✅

I’m starting to hate this bullshit thread... AND YA CUZ THE CAVS SUCK A FATTY!!! Uggghhh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m starting to hate this bullshit thread... AND YA CUZ THE CAVS SUCK A FATTY!!! Uggghhh

I don’t care about my bet or avatar anymore. The fact that 4 or 5 2019 draft prospects are starting to look as good as last year’s crop has me STOKED that the Hawks can get in on that. Cavs can have that worst record spot, just need the Hawks to finish 3rd worst for those equally best odds. Imagine a Trae/Zion/Collins dynamic young core paired with a star trade/FA in 2020. Gravity, that would attract others. Or Trae/Barrett/Collins. Or Trae/Reddish/Collins. Add to that what you could snag with the Mav’s pick (Sekou, Bol, Porter, Langford, etc) and they cookin’ wit HAWT grease going forward? 

17 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You know, I don't think I've even lost a bet on here to this point.  

It’s early still, nd good thin you didn’t bet on your 76er stuff last year or your prediction Hawks wouldn’t win 1st game until their 13th. Honestly, I sincerely hope you win our bet. I’d rather have Barrett, Zion, or Reddish than to be able to pick your avatar. Because (are you sitting down?), it’s not about you ?

• Like 1