• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Bets Thread

AHF

55 minutes ago, hazer said:

It’s early still, nd good thin you didn’t bet on your 76er stuff last year or your prediction Hawks wouldn’t win 1st game until their 13th. Honestly, I sincerely hope you win our bet. I’d rather have Barrett, Zion, or Reddish than to be able to pick your avatar. Because (are you sitting down?), it’s not about you ?

Ya'll are the ones that made this about me.  You dared to doubt me on what I've said will happen.  

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Ya'll are the ones that made this about me.  You dared to doubt me on what I've said will happen.  

Oh how dare us ?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 11/16/2018 at 6:21 PM, KB21 said:

Its starting to become pretty obvious.  Why is Len still starting? 12 minutes for Collins playing fewer minutes than Dorsey? Trae still throwing up stupid shots. Starting Poythress? If this crap continues then even the staunches believer has to at some point admit to themselves that this is deliberate.

21 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Its starting to become pretty obvious.  Why is Len still starting? 12 minutes for Collins playing fewer minutes than Dorsey? Trae still throwing up stupid shots. Starting Poythress? If this crap continues then even the staunches believer has to at some point admit to themselves that this is deliberate.

tenor.gif?itemid=9517476

• Moderators
On 11/16/2018 at 5:21 PM, KB21 said:

Want to double down on Philly and bet they won’t make the playoffs for a second consecutive year?

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'll make this bet.

Philly will not be better than Milwaukee.

Nope.  Your claim has been that teams that tank can't win and won't be consistent playoff teams.  That is what I want to pressure test.  Not a team with an MVP talent and COY guiding the roster.  They are both good squads and it won't surprise me at all if the Bucks finish very high in the East.

In contrast, I'll take your admission that the team that did most blatant tank of all time is now a consistent playoff team in years 5 and 6 of their rebuild as a concession of that issue.

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Nope.  Your claim has been that teams that tank can't win and won't be consistent playoff teams.  That is what I want to pressure test.  Not a team with an MVP talent and COY guiding the roster.  They are both good squads and it won't surprise me at all if the Bucks finish very high in the East.

In contrast, I'll take your admission that the team that did most blatant tank of all time is now a consistent playoff team in years 5 and 6 of their rebuild as a concession of that issue.

As my 4 year old son says sometimes while waving his finger, no no no.

Philadelphia is everything that tanking teams become.  It took them 5 drafts to get to the point they are at, and they had to make a deal for a veteran just to be confident that they could actually win a playoff series this year.  

Tanking still hasn't worked for them.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

As my 4 year old son says sometimes while waving his finger, no no no.

Philadelphia is everything that tanking teams become.  It took them 5 drafts to get to the point they are at, and they had to make a deal for a veteran just to be confident that they could actually win a playoff series this year.  

Tanking still hasn't worked for them.

So bet is out there.  Are they are consistent playoff team or not?  If you care to bet "no", I'll take that bet in a heartbeat.  

I agree the Bucks are very promising with Bud.  But it has been 18 years since they won a playoff series and Philly did that last season.

You previously said that the Hawks being a consistent playoff team was a desirable state.  So if they have now achieved a desirable state, then I understand you not taking the bet.  If you really believe that tanking hasn't worked for them and they aren't a consistent playoff team, then let's bet.

• chillzatl unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 12:59 PM, Spud2nique said:

My bet is with @bleachkit. If the Cavs pick converts to the Hawks in 2019, I win, if not he wins. 

The winner of the bet can request an avatar change of the losers starting on the completion of the final game of the regular season until the opening night of the 2019-20 NBA regular season. So roughly from mid April until late October.

Trade confirmed by both parties.

So did anyone keep track of the bets thread offline?

• Moderators
On 6/26/2018 at 2:28 PM, hazer said:

Found it. I was even bolder than just improved record, and I still stand by it. Especially if Menace/Trae, Gaze/Dorsey, Printz/Bembry, J-Bap/Spellman, and Dedmon/Bumlee stay relatively healthy and the directive from the top down is to give 110% and don't "mail it in." 29 wins and 10th in the draft is completely within reason. Here we go!

Despite @hazer correctly predicting an improved season for the Hawks, he got baited into a more lopsided deal where the Hawks would have to finish 8-14 in the lottery.  Unfortuntely, for hazer anyway, the Hawks finished 5th despite the Hawks finishing 5 games better.  So hazer can feel good about how wrong KB was about this season but not about the degree of difficulty he accepted in taking this bet.   

Winner: KB21

On 6/26/2018 at 4:07 PM, NBASupes said:

[Remember no betting money through the Squawk (including posts or PMs) - AHF]

@KB21 and I

Subject: Marvin Bagley over 0 BPM

@NBASupes wins if above 0 BPM 

@KB21 wins if below 0 BPM

Tie if at 0 BPM

Simple bet about Bagley's rookie season.  Had @NBASupes gone with about any other metric he might have won this.  18.9 PER, 3.6 WS, 0.1 VORP.  Bagley's subpar defense did him in however:  Marvin Bagley BPM -1.8.  

On 7/8/2018 at 11:59 AM, Spud2nique said:

My bet is with @bleachkit. If the Cavs pick converts to the Hawks in 2019, I win, if not he wins. 

The winner of the bet can request an avatar change of the losers starting on the completion of the final game of the regular season until the opening night of the 2019-20 NBA regular season. So roughly from mid April until late October.

Trade confirmed by both parties.

So this one depended on how the Cavs finished this season as the pick was protected and would not convey if it fell into the top 10.  @Spud2nique was a believer in the Cavs to play well and convey that pick. 

Pretty sure that even by the end of November he was already starting to regret that call as the Cavs scuffled their way to a mere 19 wins this season making it mathematically impossible for the pick to convey and for @bleachkit to lose this bet by the time the lottery rolled around.  Even falling in the draft, the Cavs still ended up with the #5 pick.

Winner: bleachkit

On 10/3/2018 at 12:07 PM, AHF said:

If Trae plays at least 72 games and finishes #1 or #2 on the team in FGA, AHF picks Peoria's avatar for a month.  If Trae plays at least 72 games and finishes #3 or lower on the team in FGA, Peoria picks AHF's avatar for a month.  If Trae plays fewer than 72 games, the bet is off.

This one was going to turn on how Trae fit into the offense.  Would he be a leading shooter or a secondary option and primary playmaker?  I was positive Young would be one of the top 2 volume shooters for the team while @Peoriabird was adamant that Trae would be all about passing and would not shoot nearly as much as Collins, Prince, Baze, etc.  

Turned out Young was the primary playmaker like both of us hoped but he was also the leading shooter.  A healthy Collins would have helped his total but even on a per game basis Young averaged 15.5 FGA to Collins' 13.6 (a 14% edge for Young). Moreover, Collins wouldn't have been enough even if he raised  his shooting volume and was totally healthy as Baze would have needed to nearly double his shot attempts to push Young out of the top 2:

Trae Young FGA: 1256

John Collins FGA: 831

Kent Bazemore FGA: 691

Winner: AHF

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

Despite @hazer correctly predicting an improved season for the Hawks, he got baited into a more lopsided deal where the Hawks would have to finish 8-14 in the lottery.  Unfortuntely, for hazer anyway, the Hawks finished 5th despite the Hawks finishing 5 games better.  So hazer can feel good about how wrong KB was about this season but not about the degree of difficulty he accepted in taking this bet.   

Simple bet about Bagley's rookie season.  Had @NBASupes gone with about any other metric he might have won this.  18.9 PER, 3.6 WS, 0.1 VORP.  Bagley's subpar defense did him in however:  Marvin Bagley BPM -1.8.  

So this one depended on how the Cavs finished this season as the pick was protected and would not convey if it fell into the top 10.  @Spud2nique was a believer in the Cavs to play well and convey that pick. 

Pretty sure that even by the end of November he was already starting to regret that call as the Cavs scuffled their way to a mere 19 wins this season making it mathematically impossible for the pick to convey and for @bleachkit to lose this bet by the time the lottery rolled around.  Even falling in the draft, the Cavs still ended up with the #5 pick.

This one was going to turn on how Trae fit into the offense.  Would he be a leading shooter or a secondary option and primary playmaker?  I was positive Young would be one of the top 2 volume shooters for the team while @Peoriabird was adamant that Trae would be all about passing and would not shoot nearly as much as Collins, Prince, Baze, etc.  

Turned out Young was the primary playmaker like both of us hoped but he was also the leading shooter.  A healthy Collins would have helped his total but even on a per game basis Young averaged 15.5 FGA to Collins' 13.6 (a 14% edge for Young). Moreover, Collins wouldn't have been enough even if he raised  his shooting volume and was totally healthy as Baze would have needed to nearly double his shot attempts to push Young out of the top 2:

So KB21, Bleachkit and you (AHF) won bets in the same season. I can’t believe I have to wait until Wednesday to play Super Lotto! Anything is possible!

ps I think I’m bitter so that’s accounts for some of this 😆 

49 minutes ago, AHF said:

I wasn’t baited into it, I was so confident he was wrong I sweetened the bet to lure him into taking it. I only missed by about 4 games, and would’ve won it had Collins not missed those 15. The original argument was he claimed Hawks would be worse (3rd-) and I claimed they’d be better (5th+). Then I had to go and juice the bet up 😬

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So KB21, Bleachkit and you (AHF) won bets in the same season. I can’t believe I have to wait until Wednesday to play Super Lotto! Anything is possible!

ps I think I’m bitter so that’s accounts for some of this 😆 

The season wasn't without highlights.  There was:

la-sp-nba-20150427

And there was this exciting moment:

Cleveland-Cavaliers-New-City-Uniform-201  

Plus you had bobble head night giveaway:

ff_2171615_full.jpg&w=900

Just now, AHF said:

The season wasn't without highlights.  There was:

la-sp-nba-20150427

And there was this exciting moment:

Cleveland-Cavaliers-New-City-Uniform-201  

Plus you had bobble head night giveaway:

ff_2171615_full.jpg&w=900

😆 I blame this all on @kg01. He had me convinced Sexton was gonna rock it with Love, Hood, Nance and a bunch of vets that I thought would play hard to show they weren’t Lebronites. Kg, you should prolly offer to take 2 months off my avatar sentence as an act of pure water 💧 kindness.