• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Bets Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Alright, @KB21.  The call is yours.  Did Travis Schlenk just make:

Or did he fall short of that?  I'm ready to either hear you singing praises for TS or proclaiming that the bet is on!

He might pull ye ole okey doke on ya...here's his thought last night.

10 hours ago, KB21 said:

Of the potential deals, he’s not doing anything in particular that is special.  I like Capela, but he’s the only rumored player that would be coming to Atlanta that actually helps the team win some.

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He might pull ye ole okey doke on ya...here's his thought last night.

If he acknowledges that is a MAJOR MOVE by Travis Schlenk then that is enough for me.  Hearing him praise Schlenk for making a MAJOR MOVE will keep me warm at night.  Anything less than that and the bet is on and maybe I end up being another KB bet victim but maybe not.

• Haha 2

• Moderators

The bet is a go.

After the Capela trade:

On 2/5/2020 at 11:35 AM, KB21 said:

It's not a needle mover.  The bet is still on.

After Dedmon trade:

6 hours ago, AHF said:

@KB21 - another trade. Bet still on or have we now made that major move?  (All praise to Travis).

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

There has been no major move.

After Walton and Skal trades:

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Meh.  Not a needle mover.  Bet is still on @AHF.  

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

You’ll also see he was wrong (the only stipulation was that Trae play that many not that everyone or anyone else in the team had to play that many) and the bet was fully on and he lost.  He admitted it but didn’t want to wear the pony avatar and so just reneged on the bet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators

With @NBASupes and I nearing time to settle up our bet from last year on Mr. Reddish, I've given Supes the choice to proudly wear his avatar this month or for a month starting on opening night.  I didn't want to force it on him now when he is giving key updates to the board in case he thought it might confuse people.

The best part of the bet is we are both thrilled with Cam's rookie season!:drinks:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 1/6/2020 at 9:29 AM, AHF said:

Newest bet between thecampster and me.  I've also updated the first post on this thread with a summary of the action so far. 

Bet:  Alex Len 2020-21 salary greater than $10 million thecampster wins, less than $10 million AHF wins. Bet is null and void if (1) Len misses > 25% of the remaining season due to injury or (2) a trade for a greater big man which impacts his value or if Len is traded by the deadline either of which result in a reduction of his playing time by 20% or more the remainder of the year when heathy.  

Stakes:  For 3 days loser will have to like the posts of the winner no matter much they disagree. Each and every post, up and to the limit of daily likes. The loser will also have to respond with "I agree".

Who wins this bet?

• Premium Member
On 11/2/2020 at 9:25 AM, AHF said:

With @NBASupes and I nearing time to settle up our bet from last year on Mr. Reddish, I've given Supes the choice to proudly wear his avatar this month or for a month starting on opening night.  I didn't want to force it on him now when he is giving key updates to the board in case he thought it might confuse people.

The best part of the bet is we are both thrilled with Cam's rookie season!:drinks:

And this one.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who wins this bet?

It was a push because Len got moved.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And this one.

Supes chose to adopt his bet avatar for one month starting on the first day of the season rather than during November's draft month.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

It was a push because Len got moved.

Supes chose to adopt his bet avatar for one month starting on the first day of the season rather than during November's draft month.  

Len played well after getting moved though, should still count 😃

@NBASupes should just go ahead and request the Avator change now, so he only has it for a about a week into the new season, lol.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Len played well after getting moved though, should still count 😃

@NBASupes should just go ahead and request the Avator change now, so he only has it for a about a week into the new season, lol.

We both know who won the underlying issue about what Len would get paid. I'll just take satisfaction in being right on that.

Supes doesn't have the option to make the change now.  It was either for the draft or the start of the season.  He's a man of his word.  He'll break it out. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

We both know who won the underlying issue about what Len would get paid. I'll just take satisfaction in being right on that.

Supes doesn't have the option to make the change now.  It was either for the draft or the start of the season.  He's a man of his word.  He'll break it out. 

Lol.  I can't wait to see it...It better be a doozy!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@AHF2 days to the @NBASupes avatar bet - early Christmas present. 🤓

Supes has been eager to get rolling.  It is our combined Christmas present to the board.  (Well, that along with all the great content Supes shares on the site.)

• Like 3