Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

I liked when they were interviewing Collins and asked him what he thought of Spellman. He said “he’s big and strong like me, I like him.” ? Sounded funny but I do see him in the sweet game labeled himself ? ? 

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

One thing I hope the coaches hammer him on is his tendency to pick up his dribble when attacking the basket.  He needs to go watch tape of Steve Nash.  There were a lot of times Steve Nash would dribble into the paint, keep his dribble, and dribble out the other side to create something for a teammate.  Like Trae, Steve Nash was not a strong finisher at the rim.  Trae had a very bad pass today because he picked up his dribble and then tried to create something where there was nothing.  

It was said during the game he’s already reached out to Nash and has spoken to him on the phone. There’s a positive start

2 hours ago, Cwell said:

there wasn't as many dumb shots today. His percentage was only bad because he couldn't make a bunny layup to save his life. He shot amazing from 3, and didn't make a single 2. Would have easily shot over 50 percent if could make a damn layup

I agree, but I’m not sure he’ll ever make above .550 in the lane in the NBA. He’s young and will improve in the lane, but I remain skeptical about his mix of below-average length and below-average athleticism in this league. I still don’t like his shot selection, either. He can make some eye-popping passes and 3s, both good and bad. Not sure his talent warrants the license he seems to have to jack up some of these shots.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Prince, Bembry, Muscala and Plumlee was at the game supporting the youngins.

Good to see.  I’m surprised Baze hasn’t appeared.  I assume he has a charity or Under Armor commitment.  Dennis is playing overseas correct?

In the regular season I’d love to see this lineup for a few minutes here and there depending on the team we are playing but I think it would be crazy.

Trae

Dennis

Baze

Prince

Collins

Small lineup but can be lethal due to speed.

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

In the regular season I’d love to see this lineup for a few minutes here and there depending on the team we are playing but I think it would be crazy.

Trae

Dennis

Baze

Prince

Collins

Small lineup but can be lethal due to speed.

Interesting. Maybe. I saw Trae do a good dig today but blew the layup which Kaba finished. Still was impressed with Trae BBIQ and movement on that read. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vdunkndunk said:

I agree, but I’m not sure he’ll ever make above .550 in the lane in the NBA. He’s young and will improve in the lane, but I remain skeptical about his mix of below-average length and below-average athleticism in this league. I still don’t like his shot selection, either. He can make some eye-popping passes and 3s, both good and bad. Not sure his talent warrants the license he seems to have to jack up some of these shots.

He's never going to be a finisher at the rim. He was the worst finisher at the rim of all the guards drafted. He really needs a floater, or something, anything, aside from long threes.

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Interesting. Maybe. I saw Trae do a good dig today but blew the layup which Kaba finished. Still was impressed with Trae BBIQ and movement on that read. 

Are you concerned at all about his troubles finishing at the rim? 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He didn't blow the layup, the defender tipped the ball right as it passed the edge of the cylinder. changed the shot just slightly...hard to see on the live feed but rewind it...you'll see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

That’s the one play I said that Trae missed the dime. He just needed to drop it off to Kaba. I guess it’s also important for him to try and finish himself to get better at those close range ones. Still loved it myself.

Am 10.7.2018 at 04:12 , Cwell sagte:

Who the hell cares? This is a thread about summer league and you’re the only one in here talking about Dennis. Pages and pages done went by and you pop up like “since we’re talking about Dennis...” Made a whole account around another man that doesn’t even know you exist. Probably have Dennis Schröder bed sheets equipped with the blond patch.

I was born and raised in Atlanta. we can trade everyone from the team and go 0-82, I’ll still be here. I couldn’t care less about what you have to say about my squad. **** riding is not a valid form of transportation 

i brought up doncic, whos part of the trae story. other posters of your ilk started bringing up dennis in response to me...because well...its me...and they are who they are, just like you are who you are...

and then all you got are petty insults wrapped up in fake concerns and amateur psychology

but lets do this. why are you even concerned with me liking a 19 year old 6 foot 1 one point-guard from my own country making it in the nba? a rare feat. only rubio made his way like that. its an inspiring thing to me to see even small german guys can make it. and well  we europeans are much more nationalistic when it comes to sports as we compete in that manner allot. so i took great joy in following dennis his journey from a third pointguard to a border line all star.

and on the other hand, why ae you obsessed with following a sportsball franchise where none is from your city? where the hawks might be elsewhere located all together? whats wrong with you bro?

• Like 1

Am 9.7.2018 at 20:50 , Spud2nique sagte:

Shut up Dennis! ? Sorry bro but your coming up with some outlandish stuff.

like?

ok collins is already quite good. we will see if he is on a level comparable to dennis this year, but the rest is lightyears away.

Am 10.7.2018 at 01:58 , TheNorthCydeRises sagte:

Did you just snap your fingers twice, and make a "Z" motion, after you said that?

I'm one of the Dennis supporters.  I know good and well that this team needs Dennis.

well im a funky guy

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Are you concerned at all about his troubles finishing at the rim? 

To some degree. But like others said, he like Stockton and Nash will have to master crafty and playmaking to be effective in the paint. He doesn't have Curry body control to ever finish like he does. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He's never going to be a finisher at the rim. He was the worst finisher at the rim of all the guards drafted. He really needs a floater, or something, anything, aside from long threes.

Trae won't fix all his flaws this summer, it'll take timevas his body develoos.  All he needs to do is focus on what he does well and do those things, work on improving the things he needs to get better at and cut out the bad stuff.

It took Teague 3/4 years to develop a RELIABLE floater.