• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

It will have to be done regularly if they regularly want to each play more than 24 minutes per game.  I agree it should be kept to a minimum but at 32 mpg the theoretical minimum is 8 minutes per game together.

Did Collins get 30 minutes per game last year?  Just looked it up and Collins averaged 24 minutes per game last year

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

It will have to be done regularly if they regularly want to each play more than 24 minutes per game.  I agree it should be kept to a minimum but at 32 mpg the theoretical minimum is 8 minutes per game together.

Dennis didn't average over 20 minutes per game until his 4th season.

Marvin Williams averaged 24.7 minutes per game his 1st year

There is no rumor about it but we could send OKC Plumlee for Anthony and their 2020 1st. Westbrook will be 31 and George 30, so maybe couple that with a improving West they have a down season. I think sending them Moose would be more attractive for OKC, but I think his 5 million a year contract would have to be packaged with one or two smaller deals.

It is going to be hard for OKC to find a team that can come up with a package to absorb 27 million dollars. I do not see a lot of options for them.

I read a post here that mentioned Schlenk saying this is the week we may do something. So we will see.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

There is no rumor about it but we could send OKC Plumlee for Anthony and their 2020 1st. Westbrook will be 31 and George 30, so maybe couple that with a improving West they have a down season. I think sending them Moose would be more attractive for OKC, but I think his 5 million a year contract would have to be packaged with one or two smaller deals.

It is going to be hard for OKC to find a team that can come up with a package to absorb 27 million dollars. I do not see a lot of options for them.

I read a post here that mentioned Schlenk saying this is the week we may do something. So we will see.

Doubt that would happen because apparently there are a lot of suitor for Mello especially Houston

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Did Collins get 30 minutes per game last year?  Just looked it up and Collins averaged 24 minutes per game last year

Collins got wayyyy fewer minutes than he deserved last season.  Last year's lottery had 5 guys average 28-34 mpg.  

If Trae only averages 20 mpg, I will not be happy (because that will mean Young had a rough rookie season).

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Doubt that would happen because apparently there are a lot of suitor for Mello especially Houston

Yes but they want him after he clears waivers. OKC would much rather trade him to another team for them to do a buy out.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Collins got wayyyy fewer minutes than he deserved last season.  Last year's lottery had 5 guys average 28-34 mpg.  

If Trae only averages 20 mpg, I will not be happy (because that will mean Young had a rough rookie season).

Not necessarily...Collins was one of our best players last year and still received limited minutes.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Yes but they want him after he clears waivers. OKC would much rather trade him to another team for them to do a buy out.

Brace yourself for a bold-faced rash of the same one-liner at some point this summer: Carmelo Anthony is Houston’s Problem Now.
A precise timetable for how quickly Anthony can secure his exit from Oklahoma City, most likely via buyout, is not yet clear. But, at this point, it would be a full-fledged surprise if he doesn't wind up with the Rockets.
The Los Angeles Lakers have been widely mentioned as a chief rival to the Rockets once Anthony actually becomes a free agent, largely because the Lakers' new face of the franchise is Melo's close friend LeBron James. But it's been suggested to me — strongly — that the Lakers' interest is overstated.
The Miami Heat have been mentioned, too, which is understandable given that the Heat patriarch Pat Riley has been known to happily gamble on a big name in need of some image rehab. As of Tuesday morning, though, Houston was the unquestioned frontrunner for the former New York Knick.
The Rockets' two frontcourt losses in free agency — Trevor Ariza to Phoenix; Luc Mbah a Moute to the Los Angeles Clippers — have only made Melo's reunion with Houston Coach Mike D'Antoni feel even more inevitable.
Knicks fans, of course, might have trouble digesting that sentence. They won't soon forget how poorly Anthony and D’Antoni meshed when they were thrown together in February 2011 at Madison Square Garden.
But I intend to resist pre-emptively branding Act II a disaster before the very first dribble.
The skepticism is understandable. Anthony isn't a defender in the Ariza or Mbah a Moute class, which will naturally concern Rockets fans who just watched their team rise to an unexpected No. 6 in the league in defensive efficiency last season. Those same fans are undoubtedly wondering why Anthony would suddenly be willing to embrace the same third- or fourth-wheel status in Houston that he resisted with the Thunder.
The Rockets, though, have been trying to wedge the high-scoring former All-Star between James Harden and Chris Paul going back to last summer. Perhaps Daryl Morey, freshly selected by his peers as the league’s 2017-18 Executive of the Year for his work as Houston’s general manager, sees something outsiders have not.
Don’t the Rockets, after the season they just had, deserve some benefit of the doubt?
D'Antoni, at least on this scorecard, has definitely earned some — thanks to the seamless manner in which he not only hushed all the fit concerns that greeted Paul’s arrival in Houston as Harden’s primary sidekick, but also for diversifying his offense to get the most out of that starry pairing. Are you so sure he can’t do it again with Anthony?
New York was a completely different environment. D’Antoni was on his first coaching stop after a messy parting with the Phoenix Suns. He never found a comfort level with the Knicks remotely comparable to what he has in Houston, and he had to try to assimilate Anthony to the team without the benefit of a training camp — after the Knicks surrendered so much in the trade to get Melo.
The Rockets have already established themselves as title contenders. The onus will thus be on Melo, more than the coach, to make this work, especially after Anthony’s gradual fade from prominence with the Thunder. Those Knicks, furthermore, didn’t have a Melo whisperer with the gravitas Paul possesses, which should make D'Antoni’s job easier this time.
The floor is yours: Feel free, if you wish, to discount all of the above and tell me Anthony and D’Antoni are doomed if they dare to tango again. I get it.
Yet after watching the Rockets comfortably adopt a more deliberate pace last season in complete contrast to D’Antoni’s reputation, as well as show a willingness to finish numerous plays with an isolation — which happens to be Melo's forte — I’m in no rush to say it.
I’m eager to see if D’Antoni — or preferably Anthony himself with a more realistic approach about his place in the game at 34 — can at last solve the Melo Conundrum.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not necessarily...Collins was one of our best players last year and still received limited minutes.

True.  If our coach is trying to tank and sits our best player wayyyy more than he should like last year I’ll be happy with Trae even if I’m not happy with Pierce.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

True.  If our coach is trying to tank and sits our best player wayyyy more than he should like last year I’ll be happy with Trae even if I’m not happy with Pierce.

Are you suggesting that Bud tanked last year??? Had a change of heart toward the end and then jumped ship???

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:
Brace yourself for a bold-faced rash of the same one-liner at some point this summer: Carmelo Anthony is Houston’s Problem Now.
A precise timetable for how quickly Anthony can secure his exit from Oklahoma City, most likely via buyout, is not yet clear. But, at this point, it would be a full-fledged surprise if he doesn't wind up with the Rockets.
The Los Angeles Lakers have been widely mentioned as a chief rival to the Rockets once Anthony actually becomes a free agent, largely because the Lakers' new face of the franchise is Melo's close friend LeBron James. But it's been suggested to me — strongly — that the Lakers' interest is overstated.
The Miami Heat have been mentioned, too, which is understandable given that the Heat patriarch Pat Riley has been known to happily gamble on a big name in need of some image rehab. As of Tuesday morning, though, Houston was the unquestioned frontrunner for the former New York Knick.
The Rockets' two frontcourt losses in free agency — Trevor Ariza to Phoenix; Luc Mbah a Moute to the Los Angeles Clippers — have only made Melo's reunion with Houston Coach Mike D'Antoni feel even more inevitable.
Knicks fans, of course, might have trouble digesting that sentence. They won't soon forget how poorly Anthony and D’Antoni meshed when they were thrown together in February 2011 at Madison Square Garden.
But I intend to resist pre-emptively branding Act II a disaster before the very first dribble.
The skepticism is understandable. Anthony isn't a defender in the Ariza or Mbah a Moute class, which will naturally concern Rockets fans who just watched their team rise to an unexpected No. 6 in the league in defensive efficiency last season. Those same fans are undoubtedly wondering why Anthony would suddenly be willing to embrace the same third- or fourth-wheel status in Houston that he resisted with the Thunder.
The Rockets, though, have been trying to wedge the high-scoring former All-Star between James Harden and Chris Paul going back to last summer. Perhaps Daryl Morey, freshly selected by his peers as the league’s 2017-18 Executive of the Year for his work as Houston’s general manager, sees something outsiders have not.
Don’t the Rockets, after the season they just had, deserve some benefit of the doubt?
D'Antoni, at least on this scorecard, has definitely earned some — thanks to the seamless manner in which he not only hushed all the fit concerns that greeted Paul’s arrival in Houston as Harden’s primary sidekick, but also for diversifying his offense to get the most out of that starry pairing. Are you so sure he can’t do it again with Anthony?
New York was a completely different environment. D’Antoni was on his first coaching stop after a messy parting with the Phoenix Suns. He never found a comfort level with the Knicks remotely comparable to what he has in Houston, and he had to try to assimilate Anthony to the team without the benefit of a training camp — after the Knicks surrendered so much in the trade to get Melo.
The Rockets have already established themselves as title contenders. The onus will thus be on Melo, more than the coach, to make this work, especially after Anthony’s gradual fade from prominence with the Thunder. Those Knicks, furthermore, didn’t have a Melo whisperer with the gravitas Paul possesses, which should make D'Antoni’s job easier this time.
The floor is yours: Feel free, if you wish, to discount all of the above and tell me Anthony and D’Antoni are doomed if they dare to tango again. I get it.
Yet after watching the Rockets comfortably adopt a more deliberate pace last season in complete contrast to D’Antoni’s reputation, as well as show a willingness to finish numerous plays with an isolation — which happens to be Melo's forte — I’m in no rush to say it.
I’m eager to see if D’Antoni — or preferably Anthony himself with a more realistic approach about his place in the game at 34 — can at last solve the Melo Conundrum.

Not at any point is it mentioned "how" the Rockets get Anthony. OKC wants nothing to do with a contract value for contract value trade. They want out of his contract cost as much as possible. This is the stinger for them and any trade with a capped out team.

Everyone knows what this guy is writing. He should also know OKC will likely not trade him there because of what they have to take back.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Not at any point is it mentioned "how" the Rockets get Anthony. OKC wants nothing to do with a contract value for contract value trade. They want out of his contract cost as much as possible. This is the stinger for them and any trade with a capped out team.

Everyone knows what this guy is writing. He should also know OKC will likely not trade him there because of what they have to take back.

A precise timetable for how quickly Anthony can secure his exit from Oklahoma City, most likely via buyout

A precise timetable for how quickly Anthony can secure his exit from Oklahoma City, most likely via buyout

And that is why a trade with us could happen. I did not say will happen.. It will save OKC more money if they do it though,

They save over $100 mil by buying and stretching him out

They will still pay 60 million in luxury tax, This is why they did not just go out and do it. They are looking for a better way out. Whether they find it or not remains to be seen. I only mentioned this because Travis said he was willing to take on bad contracts. It does not get much worse than Melo's.

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

That's my trade suggestion from last week.  A Carmelo buyout from OKC would involve them stretching Melo over 3 years at $9 mil per. I proposed we send them Plumlee so they can buy him out and stretch him over 5 years at $4.9 mil. Luxury tax savings with a straight Melo buyot is $100mil, a Plumlee buyout may add an additional $30 mil in LT.

Then we buyout Melo.

25 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Only to Houston after negotiating buyout or traded and bought out.

• Like 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Are you suggesting that Bud tanked last year??? Had a change of heart toward the end and then jumped ship???

Of course we tanked last year.  I am sure his disconnect with Schlenk led to his departure as well.

The idea that he tried to win last year and then just jumped ship because he wanted a talent upgrade...well, I don’t believe that at all.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

There are a lot of suitors for when he is bought out.  There are not a lot of suitors looking to trade for him.  OKC is hoping they can trade him and not stretch him.