• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bring Teague Back...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Dennis/Bembry for Teague

Very simple trade.   Very straightfoward.   Minny gets two value players.   Dennis can split time with Jones.   We get a vet PG who would share time with Trae.

• Premium Member
Just now, nathan2331 said:
10 minutes ago, Diesel said:
Dennis/Bembry for Teague

Very simple trade.   Very straightfoward.   Minny gets two value players.   Dennis can split time with Jones.   We get a vet PG who would share time with Trae.

No thank you. I'd rather take the chance with Dennis.

Taking your chance with Dennis... bad for the franchise.    Dennis is the addition by subtraction posterchild. 

Taking your chance with Dennis... bad for the franchise.    Dennis is the addition by subtraction posterchild. 

This past season that was true, but before I think everybody had high hopes for Dennis. I'm not gonna pretend the character concerns don't exist, but I think we can get him to commit for about half the season which should be enough to rebuild his trade value to neutral. I think having Trae on the roster will push Dennis, considering he usually rises to the occasion when hit with adversity. I think we can have Dennis start untill the trade deadline, if things are working well we can move him for decent value and if not I guess we can talk about cutting our losses short.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
24 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This past season that was true, but before I think everybody had high hopes for Dennis. I'm not gonna pretend the character concerns don't exist, but I think we can get him to commit for about half the season which should be enough to rebuild his trade value to neutral. I think having Trae on the roster will push Dennis, considering he usually rises to the occasion when hit with adversity. I think we can have Dennis start untill the trade deadline, if things are working well we can move him for decent value and if not I guess we can talk about cutting our losses short.

When we picked trae, we put the leage on notice that Dennis is no longer the guy.   We picked a guy who had been suggested to go 12th... behind 2 other PGs.. third.  That means that Trae is indeed the future.   Teams saw the move and they realize that regardless of how we try to spin it... Dennis is deadman walking in ATL.   So.. nobody at no time is going to give us a good deal for him.  There's no building his value because he's not valuable to us.   Lastly... the longer we keep him here, the more he puts a pause on real development because we're trying to keep his value up.