• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 2 Takeaways

ThomasCredle

Well at least Collins didn't get hurt...  That game was pretty painful to watch.   Sloppy play and out of control offense.   Comfusion on defense and HORRIBLE 3 point shooting.  I wonder what the record for missed threes in a summer league game is... we had to be close.  

Portland had a lot of second year players and it showed.   Oh well on to game 3.  If Trey is hurt and we know Collins is done so I have little hope to see much the rest of the way in summer league.  

Doesn't look like much help will be coming from this group.  Spellman may be rotational but I didn't see any NBA players on the floor today from the Hawks but Collins.

Can't make much from Summer League but I sure wish we were posting on here that you can't get to excited over a SL game and not wishing we saw a surprise player that shocked us with their play.

The biggest takeaway is we have terrible shooters. 

2nd biggest takeaway is how good is Trae Young in terms of impact for us.

3rd is how good Spellman is in spurts

4th is how active and versatile is John Collins and with Trae, looks like the next Karl Malone

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I hope this isn't a pattern for summer league to come.  This team can't be this bad at acquiring G-league talent.  If you aren't going to win many games during the regular season because the team is young, atleast have some young players with some promise in the pipe line.  Good Grief!

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I hope this isn't a pattern for summer league to come.  This team can't be this bad at acquiring G-league talent.  If you aren't going to win many games during the regular season because the team is young, atleast have some young players with some promise in the pipe line.  Good Grief!

I felt pretty good last night and think Supes was dead on above but damn with no Trey and no Collins this bunch looks like a YMCA pick up group.  I really expected someone to surprise me in Vegas.  I will watch against the Bulls and pray someone shows me they can actually shoot the ball.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ThomasCredle said:

I felt pretty good last night and think Supes was dead on above but damn with no Trey and no Collins this bunch looks like a YMCA pick up group.  I really expected someone to surprise me in Vegas.  I will watch against the Bulls and pray someone shows me they can actually shoot the ball.

Not me,  This group couldn't win a rec league game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The biggest takeaway is we have terrible shooters. 

2nd biggest takeaway is how good is Trae Young in terms of impact for us.

3rd is how good Spellman is in spurts

4th is how active and versatile is John Collins and with Trae, looks like the next Karl Malone

Karl Malone. Woa  

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Right now there have only been two bright spots for summer league ... Collins and Spellman 

Sorry.  Trae needs work but showed what he can do.  

I think it's more telling that YOUNG was throwing passes to YoungJock and a host of other unispired stiffs who were terrible along with a host of no spacing, no ability-lite guard play.  Including dominating-the-ball-to-show-I-got-skills Dorsey!

In other words, MEH. 

• Admin
11 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Sorry.  Trae needs work but showed what he can do.  

I think it's more telling that YOUNG was throwing passes to YoungJock and a host of other unispired stiffs who were terrible along with a host of no spacing, no ability-lite guard play.  Including dominating-the-ball-to-show-I-got-skills Dorsey!

In other words, MEH. 

His playmaking has been pretty good but he can’t get his shot off ... I can’t look at him as a nip right spot because his shooting is beyond bad ... it is terrible 

So something that must be said.  Referees let them play in summer league, they have to. You could call 3 times as many fouls and 5 flagrants if you really wanted to.  Summer league is for judging athleticism, instincts, mechanics. It isn't NBA type basketball.  Its why Trae + Collins is so good and everyone else is so bad. They are executing NBA like offense.  Dorsey is demonstrating NBA level iso.  Everyone else is a college player.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The issue is, these guys can't shoot from mid range or deep. They just suck

No inside game either.  Can't figure out what they see in that Landale dude. And why is he the only other center on the team?