• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenksanity! Lin to the Hawks...for what?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Because this is a PG that Schlenk Knows and he comes off the books next year.

here's the thing...

I see a lot of you talking better Cheaper PGs are available.   My question...  Where?

Here, use the free agent tracker to help you. 

Already gave you a list of cheap PGs we didn't pursue and that are available.  All of them have played more than 37 games out of the last 164 regular season games.

• Like 2

Just now, JTB said:

If u ask me I believe value is seen in Lin injured or not as he always has a positive attitude and isn’t an alpha asshole like attitude. Not to say Dennis has a bad attitude but Dennis has that alpha style attitude about him self...he wants to be the man and handing over his starting duties eventually to Trae ain’t gon sit well with him if he stays 

Lin is going to be a better locker room presence than Dennis I believe. Other than getting him here for marketing reasons 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d rather have a guy like Lin mentor Trae than a guy like Dennis. And I’m not even a Lin fan but I think he’s super smart and has done the most he can with the least amount of talent overall. He just finds ways and has an incredible work habit.

Dennis must be done soon. @DS17Fanboy ur thoughts? 

Riiiiight . . . cause Lin has all of that big game experience that he can teach Trae about.

LOL . . what is Lin going to teach Trae about defense or scoring?

Let's keep it real about Jeremy.  He had a "magical" 3 weeks of play that made him somewhat of a cult legend.   Other than that, what has he done, besides be a journeyman PG?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, DBac said:

We got a 2025 second round pick for our troubles. Saw a few middle school kids at an AAU practice earlier in Augusta, I should've took notes.

We had an under 10 AAU tourney going on in my city last weekend.   Maybe one of those 10 year olds can be an early entry in the 2025 draft.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

If u ask me I believe value is seen in Lin injured or not as he always has a positive attitude and isn’t an alpha asshole like attitude. Not to say Dennis has a bad attitude but Dennis has that alpha style attitude about him self...he wants to be the man and handing over his starting duties eventually to Trae ain’t gon sit well with him if he stays 

This...

It's sorta like watching Manning not hand over the team to Andrew Luck... or Tom Brady not wanting to hand the team over to Jimmy Garropolo. 

Not that Dennis is near as good as any of these guys but his Ego is just as big.   He is not the guy who is going to teach Trae and be willing to step aside later.   

Look at the following quote:

“I think Dennis will be a tremendous role model,” Pierce said Monday. “We’ve talked already about him and Trae not only coexisting, but him being a leader for Trae and helping him on the court. Dennis has had a lot of success in the league and he’s a guy that still has a lot of growing to go, and Trae is just trying to follow in those footsteps.” 

Nowhere in this quote do you hear anything from Dennis.   It's coach Pierce's Thoughts.   If Coach brought that to Dennis, he'd probably be cussed out. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Riiiiight . . . cause Lin has all of that big game experience that he can teach Trae about.

Let's keep it real about Jeremy.  He had a "magical" 3 weeks of play that made him somewhat of a cult legend.   Other than that, what has he done, besides be a journeyman PG?

Agreed.....Lin has done nothing......these guys all over Lin being "good" have all become "Resslers of Schlenky Things"!

• Like 1

• Moderators

For those who think we are keeping both Dennis and Lin, I'm curious what your rotation looks like with everyone playing:

PG Options - 48 minutes:  Dennis, Trae, Lin, Dorsey, Bembry

SG Options - 48 minutes:  Baze, Huerter, Dorsey, Lin, Bembry, Cleveland, Morris, Dennis, Trae (last two only on because Schlenk said he plans to play them some together)

SF Options - 48 minutes:  Prince, Baze, Huerter, Bembry, Cleveland

Ready to see how people think this shakes out in an average game.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Already gave you a list of cheap PGs we didn't pursue and that are available.  All of them have played more than 37 games out of the last 164 regular season games.

Going by your list... Most of those guys would piss on a contract for 1 year....  Right??

So let's go into our desperate box:

Shabazz Napier  - This guy Sucks. 

Jameer Nelson - I agree here.  We could have taken Nelson.  He's a cheaper alternative to Lin.  But is he better?

Jarrett Jack - I like Jarrett but we tried him last year and he was physically ruled out. 

Shelvin Mack - I like Mack but does Mack Mentor? Mack could be a third PG with Lin. 

Ramon Sessions - We could have Sessions but does he mentor?

Tim Frazier - Who?  Frazier may sign a one year deal but i don't see him as a mentor.  Maybe he's the type of guy who could be the third PG after Dennis is traded.

So here's your list of Guys who could replace Lin.  There are 2 who we could have brought in instead of Lin. 

Nelson and Devin Harris  but good luck with getting Harris out of Texas.   I like Jack but he was with us Last year and failed. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This. Lin has out Tebowed Tim Tebow at this point. Lin has been hanging onto a NBA job for years now. He can't stay healthy. He has no "market appeal" because he never plays. Even when he does it isn't anything special or even good.

I truly don't understand how anyone can actually defend this trade. Even if we trade Dennis and needed a veteran to replace  him as a starter you could, as @AHF said, find several cheap as dirt options out there that could easily do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This. Lin has out Tebowed Tim Tebow at this point. Lin has been hanging onto a NBA job for years now. He can't stay healthy. He has no "market appeal" because he never plays. Even when he does it isn't anything special or even good.

I truly don't understand how anyone can actually defend this trade. Even if we trade Dennis and needed a veteran to replace  him as a starter you could, as @AHF said, find several cheap as dirt options out there that could easily do it.

The Hawks could have just kept Isaiah Taylor.....since they have the "tank mentality" anyway

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, smoove31210 said:

Agreed.....Lin has done nothing......these guys all over Lin being "good" have all become "Resslers of Schlenky Things"!

Work Ethic.

Right now is not the time for Trae to be concerned with championship aspirations.  Now is the time for him to: 1.  Learn to be a pro and 2.  Learn to be a better PG.  Work on Shot Selection and passing... knowing when to shoot. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

@AHF listed a few PGs but out of them about 2 of them were realistically going to take the same type of deal we have with Lin.   At this point, the Capspace is not that important... however, the fact that he will be off the books at the start of next FA season is. 

• Premium Member

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

:hehe:

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yep. A magical run in the mecca - that's all people remember.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, smoove31210 said:

The Hawks could have just kept Isaiah Taylor.....since they have the "tank mentality" anyway

I like Taylor and hope that he can be our real 3rd option.  But We still have to develop our young players having a vet around helps that so much.   did we not learn anything from our time with JasonTerry.