• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenksanity! Lin to the Hawks...for what?

lethalweapon3

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

With 48 total minutes available in an average game at PG,  you have us playing:

28 minutes for Dennis + 26 for Trae +16 for Lin = 70 minutes out of an available 48.  

hqdefault.jpg

At PG and SG. Dorsey and Huerter will be in Erie for half the season till they trade Bazemore

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

At PG and SG. Dorsey and Huerter will be in Erie for half the season till they trade Bazemore

Lin is not playing until around December so I doubt that very seriously.

• Premium Member

The more I think about this the more I realize how bad this deal is even if we have a follow up deal:

Last offseason we traded for Jamal Crawford for approximately the same money as Lin and got a 1st in 2018 which we used to grab Spelman at #30. 

Here's the kicker, ee have to wait 5 years for the 2023 pick swap which only happens if the Nets are worse than us, then another 2 years for the 2025 2nd.  

#NotaGoodUseofCapspace.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

1st of all he isn't healthy so how is he a replacement? Plus there were plenty of other point guards on the market.  Also why not just start Trae Young?  Why is this so difficult to understand.

You cant just throw young pg's to the wolves. lol. 

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

That's what I'm sitting there thinking. The Nets moved Lin to us which does absolutely nothing for us and then they turn around and made the trade Schtink should have made in the first place. We go from having cap space to make exactly the deal the Nets did to use our cap space to get a first rounder from someone to...this. Lin as a 3rd pg? Really?

Denver should be a really good team next year.  Their first round pick, probably would not have been very high anyways.

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

You cant just throw young pg's to the wolves. lol. 

I don’t get why people don’t understand this. You’re not helping Trae by starting him. You’re not helping the Hawks by starting him. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So you see Baze, Dorsey, Huerter, and the rest of the wings playing only 26 total minutes at SG?

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Jeffery123 said:

Denver should be a really good team next year.  Their first round pick, probably would not have been very high anyways.

Denver won't be among the top teams.  It will be significantly better than the pick we got from the Rockets.  Way more valuable than Lin at $13.75M.

• Like 2

Lin is great at finishing at the rim. Trae could learn from him. Just sayin..Not to mention he's a hard worker, and a pro, on and off the court. I can see why Travis wanted him. Is he overpaid? Probabaly. But its only a 1yr deal so......... Btw, I wish I could've seen DS face when he saw this news on twitter. lol. He probably like wtf is going on?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I don’t get why people don’t understand this. You’re not helping Trae by starting him. You’re not helping the Hawks by starting him. 

They don't understand it at all. We need a backup plan if/when Dennis is moved. Lin can play spot time at SG also if Bazemore is moved, Denver and the Nets could have swung their deal without us taking Lin.

Lin to Denver for Arthur, Faried, and the pick would have worked just fine, Some people here are extremely short sighted. The fact is we could not stop them if you just sit back for a minute and look at the big picture.

I am just guessing but I don't think we wanted both of those bigs, Nets wanted to clear Lin. One way or the other, Denver and the Nets could get what they wanted.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Backup plans that would have signed for cheaper than $13.75M:

Isiah Thomas signed for $2M.  

Michael Carter-Williams for minimum.

Seth Curry signs for $2.75M

Raymond Felton signs for minimum

Elfrid Payton signs for $2.7M

Tony Parker signs for $5M

Marcus Smart

Yogi Ferrell

Shabazz Napier

Jameer Nelson

Jarrett Jack

Shelvin Mack

Ramon Sessions

Tim Frazier

More names out there

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

@AHF listed a few PGs but out of them about 2 of them were realistically going to take the same type of deal we have with Lin.   At this point, the Capspace is not that important... however, the fact that he will be off the books at the start of next FA season is. 

He would have been off our books if we never traded for him. We could have done a trade with Denver using our cap space to make the same deal the Nets did. We would have an almost guaranteed mid to late teens first rounder in 2019.  We could have still brought in a veteran point guard with "good work ethic" to mentor Young.

There's no way to sugarcoat this. Stink got taken out to the woodshed in this debacle of a trade.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He would have been off our books if we never traded for him. We could have done a trade with Denver using our cap space to make the same deal the Nets did. We would have an almost guaranteed mid to late teens first rounder in 2019.  We could have still brought in a veteran point guard with "good work ethic" to mentor Young.

There's no way to sugarcoat this. Stink got taken out to the woodshed in this debacle of a trade.

Sothron....they know it.....but they have to defend him for this nonsensical move.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You forgot to add AGAIN

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AHF said:

Backup plans that would have signed for cheaper than $13.75M:

Isiah Thomas signed for $2M.  

Michael Carter-Williams for minimum.

Seth Curry signs for $2.75M

Raymond Felton signs for minimum

Elfrid Payton signs for $2.7M

Tony Parker signs for $5M

Marcus Smart

Yogi Ferrell