• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looking forward to Dennis for Vucevic any second now.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think Vucevic would be a nice fit on our roster.   He has an expiring contract and He and Lin are the type of players that overachieve.  They will teach this team to overachieve and we may be good next year.   Not win  a second round game good but get to the playoffs good. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think Vucevic would be a nice fit on our roster.   He has an expiring contract and He and Lin are the type of players that overachieve.  They will teach this team to overachieve and we may be good next year.   Not win  a second round game good but get to the playoffs good. 

We're tanking.

Why in the heyul would we want these rando journeymen coming here Bob Sura-ing up the plan?

That being said, as awful as Slink is, you're probably right.  38-win playoff season coming up. 

- There's a pretty funny Fozzy gif that I would've posted here if gif's weren't now frowned upon.

ORL has been trying to trade this guy for 2 years.  Trading middling expirings like him, as we saw played out twice last trade deadline, is not a slam dunk.

That market has changed drastically.  Expirings don't hold the same value anymore.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We're tanking.

Why in the heyul would we want these rando journeymen coming here Bob Sura-ing up the plan?

That being said, as awful as Slink is, you're probably right.  38-win playoff season coming up. 

- There's a pretty funny Fozzy gif that I would've posted here if gif's weren't now frowned upon.

I think there are different definitions to tanking.  Or should I say different degrees.   How stacked is next years draft?  I don't think it's too stacked.   Maybe the deal is to try to look better this year and make a splash in free agency next summer.   Schlenk may be able to engage Klay Thompson and make a deal with boogie Cousins. 

Klay and Trae would be perfect together. 

• Like 1

Just now, Diesel said:

I think there are different definitions to tanking.  Or should I say different degrees.   How stacked is next years draft?  I don't think it's too stacked.   Maybe the deal is to try to look better this year and make a splash in free agency next summer.   Schlenk may be able to engage Klay Thompson and make a deal with boogie Cousins. 

Klay and Trae would be perfect together. 

If that's his plan, we need to fire him now.  Today.

Crap-wads like Lin and Vic do not make you look better .. to anyone of consequence.  They make you look like a playoff-fodder team ... which isn't appealing to any high-level free agent.  Have the last 10+years taught you nothing, Dies?  C'mon mayne.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

If that's his plan, we need to fire him now.  Today.

Crap-wads like Lin and Vic do not make you look better .. to anyone of consequence.  They make you look like a playoff-fodder team ... which isn't appealing to any high-level free agent.  Have the last 10+years taught you nothing, Dies?  C'mon mayne.

No... Not that they make you look like the rockets or anybody...  But they make Collins and Trae look like guys who you want to play with.  Think about it.  Collins already looked good as a rookie, if he can come back with a strong Sophomore year and look good in the playoffs... and if Trae can come in and be the second coming of Steph Curry... people will be singing the tune of Stockton-Malone in Atlanta. 

We will have the cap space.   All we need is the pitch.   How Long will Klay be happy being the 4th wheel in GS?

Where does Boogie Go after this??

I can see us using those expiring deals and a playoff run to take a strong shot at Klay/Boogie. 

Building our own dynasty. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

No... Not that they make you look like the rockets or anybody...  But they make Collins and Trae look like guys who you want to play with.  Think about it.  Collins already looked good as a rookie, if he can come back with a strong Sophomore year and look good in the playoffs... and if Trae can come in and be the second coming of Steph Curry... people will be singing the tune of Stockton-Malone in Atlanta. 

We will have the cap space.   All we need is the pitch.   How Long will Klay be happy being the 4th wheel in GS?

Where does Boogie Go after this??

I can see us using those expiring deals and a playoff run to take a strong shot at Klay/Boogie. 

Building our own dynasty. 

Ok, now I know you're not serious.  I'm being punk'd.  Ok, Ashton.  Come on out with the cameras.

I think Young and Collins will look fine on their own.

Travis already said, he's good at the wings and the bigs. He wanted another PG. He said that with Viv. Travis has been pretty upfront since he's been here. I don't know whatelse to say other than I expect Dennis to be the starting PG opening night. 

34 minutes ago, Diesel said:

He won't fit. He only fits your Kaman style of bigs you love over the years. 

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Travis already said, he's good at the wings and the bigs. He wanted another PG. He said that with Viv. Travis has been pretty upfront since he's been here. I don't know whatelse to say other than I expect Dennis to be the starting PG opening night. 

I thought that as well.  But we're paying too much for a 3rd pg.  Do they see Lin as a 1 and part-time 2?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

I thought that as well.  But we're paying too much for an oft injured 3rd pg who may not be ready to start the season. Do they see Lin as a 1 and part-time 2?

Fixed it for you.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So you forego a first round pick from Denver to get your 3rd string point guard?  That is the same as trading a first for Lin if you plan to hold him.  That would be moronic.  For Schlenk’s sake, there has to be more to this.

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He won't fit. He only fits your Kaman style of bigs you love over the years. 

I do too, but for another team. You don't trade for Lin if you're keeping Dennis.

56 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I do too, but for another team. You don't trade for Lin if you're keeping Dennis.

You can't trade Dennis. They want an asset for him and no one is willing to do so with the best PG FA coming up next year. If Dennis is traded, it will be during the season but Atlanta has pulled everyone off the market and are only listening to offers moving forward. You guys do realize Lin hasn't even started 5 on 5 yet. He is still recovering from his injury which caused him to miss the entire season last year. 

1 hour ago, AHF said:

So you forego a first round pick from Denver to get your 3rd string point guard?  That is the same as trading a first for Lin if you plan to hold him.  That would be moronic.  For Schlenk’s sake, there has to be more to this.

They still want to be able to trade during the season. Flexibility is their goal. Senlenk has literally mentioned this is most of his recent interviews. 

They want to use Dennis and Trae at the same time and Jeremy has been used at the 2 in both Brooklyn and Charlotte as well as HOU