• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A lot of people projecting us to finish in last place but I really think 35 wins or more is possible

NBASupes

• Premium Member

This is what I posted in another thread....

If the roster as it currently stands is the same when the season ends with everyone playing throughout the season, I don't think we'd have a top 5 worse record.

If Prince continues where he left off last season with more improvements, John Collins SL improvement translates, Ded doing Ded things, Baze retains his consistency from this past year, Dennis gets his head out of his arse on defense (the 3 ball will be hit or miss) - it's not a bad starting unit.

The bench and coaching will be the unknown - new first time head coach and a bench of young players.

• Like 4

• Moderators

I'm particularly interested to see what we have with Baze and Prince on the floor together.  Prince really blossomed once Baze was taken off the court and Prince could step up to a more demanding role in the offense.  I'm very curious to see how they play together given that dynamic.

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

35 wins in this east might contend for a playoff spot.  

1. Boston
2. Philly
3. Milwaukee
4. Toronto
5. Indy 
6. Heat
7. Wizards
8. ?????

I'm putting Cleveland in that #8 seed. I think they are still good enough in the East for that.  Just the feeling I'm getting.

15 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

35 wins in this east might contend for a playoff spot.  

1. Boston
2. Philly
3. Milwaukee
4. Toronto
5. Indy 
6. Heat
7. Wizards
8. Pistons

Being realistic the Pistons might squeeze in thteir leaving us to fight with Cleveland, Charlotte, New York, Brooklyn, Orlando and Chicago. If one of the teams above falter for any chance than a chance we just might have.

2 minutes ago, sillent said:

Being realistic the Pistons might squeeze in their leaving us to fight with Cleveland, Charlotte, New York, Brooklyn, Orlando and Chicago. If one of the teams above falter by any chance than a chance we just might have.

We have an interesting dynamic because most of the teams in the East are currently built with more tough grit and grind players compared to more of the more stars on the West. We are built like a West team although having some toughness in our young players as well. If we can handle the grit and grind of the East while showcasing the finesse of the West we will become a force to wrecking with. Question is our soon and how much will our young players develop?

• Like 2

I feel like 30 wins is our best case scenario. I feel like we improved our bench with our young additions, but we will still struggle while we adjust to a new coach. You can count on Prince and Collins to play better than last year. However, 35 wins just seems overly optimistic. Not impossible though. I think we are at best about 4-6 games better than last year. However, we brought in a lot of shooters and that may help us steal a few more games than we should win. It’s going to be interesting no doubt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Great 1-2 PG tandem even if flawed by themselves in Young Trae and Dennis 

I expect both Collins and Prince to be 1-2 options on offense. 

I expect to see a major jump for Dedmon in terms of 3pt percentage 

Bazemore and Prince have better backups in Huerter, Bembry and Dorsey.

Adding Spellman to backup PF is a majority upgrade over Tyler Cavanaugh. Maybe PF isnt as strong as last year but every other position can be better or much much better

If Dennis and Baze stay then on paper this team is better than last year's team. Not GS better but better.  Trae+Lin > Delaney, Heurter, Spellman nice learning at end of bench....Collins, Dennis, Prince, Bembry, Dorsey all 1 year older/better.  More cohesion with the core.  A 6 win improvement is not crazy but should be expected.  All depends on if Dennis stays and what they get back.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I was very optimistic until I saw some of the comments around the web.  There are some people who (gasp) believe that Atlanta has no talent whatsoever. Now, I don't really believe that these poor souls know everything, even if they themselves do believe.  Example of the various things out there:

Hawks completely blew the draft.  They gave up the greatest pick in years for an undersized PG with no talent to play defense and very questionable scoring ability.  Their second pick, Huerter, has questionable talent and should have lasted until the second round.  Third pick, Spellman, will be lucky to keep up in the G league.

So much for the draft.  "They say" that, of all the players left from last season, not a one of them could make the starting lineup on any other team in the NBA.  The Atlanta Hawks are simply a G league team, trying, without success, to be an imitation big league team.

This team will win 20, tops, and may struggle to beat their low, 13 win season.

But, dang it, optimist that I am, believe that this team of Hawks will win half of their games.  We ain't great, not yet any way, but I can't make myself believe that we are as bad as some people say.

One half = 41 and that just might put us in the playoffs.

WIN, BABY, WIN !!!!

Sounds like Brad Rowland and Jeff Siegel except there would have been some extra jabs at Dennis and Dorsey! Wait almost forgot...Lin will become this year's love child replacing Delaney.

• Like 4

• Admin

I am not being down just realistic but with our lack of experience with both players and coaching we will fight for 20 wins and will be fighting among the bottom teams ... that’s okay because that is expected this year

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So wait...We replace Cavanaugh, Taylor, Lee and Delaney with real players and somehow we get worse?

This is what I don't understand.  Between the natural progression of the young players like Collins, Dorsey, and Prince and the addition of Trae, Huerter, and Spellman, I can't for the life of me see how they don't get better, let alone get substantially worse.  Makes no sense.  

• Like 2