A lot of people projecting us to finish in last place but I really think 35 wins or more is possible

NBASupes

vor 7 Minuten, JayBirdHawk sagte:

If you say so, but you can't keep burying your head in the sand.

Which part is fake? This....

Or just the part about them trying to trade him?

I really don't get why hawks beat writers, reporters and newspapers always tend to stir something as negative as possible. I mean isn't their job to attract more people to the Hawks market and additionally spread news to better the value and negotiation situation of the Hawks.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Still its fake news. There have been more credible reports out mentioning that there is a market for Dennis. The issue why he's still here is that ressler and the fo value him higher than the market.

Please post the links.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I really don't get why hawks beat writers, reporters and newspapers always tend to stir something as negative as possible. I mean isn't their job to attract more people to the Hawks market and additionally spread news to better the value and negotiation situation of the Hawks.

I do agree that they do tend to slant more negative, but please post your lonks on what the general consensus is regarding Dennis' value around the league.

12 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I'm with my phone and it's a pain in the a** to look for it and copy and paste it. I'm pretty sure it was Shams who reported it.

It sounds like you could be misconstruing something you read.  Dennis is pretty toxic right now and I say that as a Dennis fan.

vor 17 Minuten, JayBirdHawk sagte:

I do agree that they do tend to slant more negative, but please post your lonks on what the general consensus is regarding Dennis' value around the league.

vor 15 Minuten, JayBirdHawk sagte:

When was this? How long ago?

Like yesterday I guess. Definitely recent.

3 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

It's actually the top post on the Hawks reddit 

No I totally got that right

I think you're misconstruing.  Nowhere in that story does it suggest there's a fervent market for Dennis.  This is all it says about him ...

As Young takes the reigns as the Hawks’ point guard of the future, Dennis Schröder’s future will come into question more and more as the offseason continues. There has been pressure for the Hawks’ management to ensure value arrives in a Schröder trade, and the franchise simply won’t trade below his value. Atlanta lost dependable shooter Marco Belinelli via contract buyout during the season without receiving a return before the trade deadline. Center Dewayne Dedmon has also emerged as a veteran player who could attract interested suitors.

https://sports.yahoo.com/trae-young-shaking-off-early-summer-league-demons-step-franchise-star-role-135407432.html

To trade Dennis right now, we would have to add an asset.  That's an untenable situation and totally explains why they haven't traded him yet.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Agreed.

Also, why didn't you just name yourself 'strut'?

(Coulda sworn we had a "where'd you get your username from" thread around here somewhere, but maybe not.)

The skinny: Directed boy scout camp years ago, and when my staff discovered my other name, they slurred the middle part. For whatever reason, it came to me the first time I was ever asked to list an internet username.

vor 4 Minuten, kg01 sagte:

I think you're misconstruing.  Nowhere in that story does it suggest there's a fervent market for Dennis.  This is all it says about him ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/trae-young-shaking-off-early-summer-league-demons-step-franchise-star-role-135407432.html

To trade Dennis right now, we would have to add an asset.  That's an untenable situation and totally explains why they haven't traded him yet.

Ok well I imply that, by saying that the value in the offerings is not right so far, there are a couple of interested teams. To what extent the value differs is certainly a different question.

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yep. I am betting Travis trades Dennis and a first for nothing, just to get rid of him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Ok well I imply that, by saying that the value in the offerings is not right so far, there are a couple of interested teams. To what extent the value differs is certainly a different question.

I get that the Hawks are looking for value and they should.  

Unfortunately, Dennis' defense and 3 pt shot tanked his value on the court (some of that having to do with the make up of the roster). He also tanked his value with his pending assault charges.

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The part that states teams don't spend that much on point guards

This..."Schröder will make $15.5 million next season and no team wants to use $29 million of cap space on point guards, especially not the rebuilding Hawks. "

So because of this, the entire article is fake news?  

Look around the League, most teams are set at PG so a team trading for him that already has a highly paid PG will not want a backup for $15.5 mil.

Orlando and Phoenix being the exception.

8 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Yep. I am betting Travis trades Dennis and a first for nothing, just to get rid of him.

That would annoy me. 

Al gone - nothing, Milsap gone - nothing, add Dennis - nothing? That's just crazy.

• Like 1