• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need a big

gurpilo

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

What does this mean?  Has this happened and I just missed it or are you just making up scenarios that loosely make your opinion valid?  IOW you're KB21'ing?

I think this is a reference to the smoothing of lottery odds beginning this year.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

... can you show yourself out, please.

smh

What does this mean?  Has this happened and I just missed it or are you just making up scenarios that loosely make your opinion valid?  IOW you're KB21'ing?

Chicago had the 8th pick and ended up with Derrick Rose.  The odd are not as favorable as that year so it will happen more frequently going forward

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think this is a reference to the smoothing of lottery odds beginning this year.

Didn't that happen to Cleveland twice with Kyrie and Wiggins where they didn't have the top 3 worse record and won the lottery?  Let me check

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I know.  I just didn't want to give him credit for knowing that.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Chicago had the 8th pick and ended up with Derrick Rose.  The odd are not as favorable as that year so it will happen more frequently going forward

We could've signed Derrick Rose too.  Would that make you happy, Peo?

Look, I already capitulated to your suggestion.  Why you still yelling at me?

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Sure Kg01.  Adios.

Ah, I was just kidding, watchmen.  Please accept my most humblest apologies

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't that happen to Cleveland twice with Kyrie and Wiggins where they didn't have the top 3 worse record and won the lottery?  Let me check

2014 - 33 wins - 9th worst record

2013 - 24 wins - 3rd worst record

2011 - 19 wins - worst record

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

2014 - 33 wins - 9th worst record

2013 - 24 wins - 3rd worst record

2011 - 19 wins - worst record

You are faster than I am thanks.  So I thinks we should not intentionally lose and sigh decent back up bigs this year like a Beasley or Monroe/Johnson

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You are faster than I am thanks.  So I thinks we should not intentionally lose and sigh decent back up bigs this year like a Beasley or Monroe/Johnson

So, when you think of hard-working cerebral vets to bring in to help the build, Michael Spinks Beasley comes to mind for you?  That's a culture-builder for you?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So, when you think of hard-working cerebral vets to bring in to help the build, Michael Spinks Beasley comes to mind for you?  That's a culture-builder for you?

If there is someone better, I'll take him too

I think we need another stretch big and one that is more of a 4 than a 5.  Someone else said another Ilyasova type and I totally agree.  

I think we we already have that with Spellman. I'd rather go upside if anything, regardless of skillset. Would've loved to get Noel on the deal OKC signed him to, but it's not that big of a deal.
  • Like 1

The need is really a Center, a defensive big. Collins and Spellman will split minutes at PF, even Prince can play some in small ball,  Center is for Dedmon, some Spellman and the big we need to sign. 30 min for Collins, 30 for Dedmon, 20 for Spellman, still 16 min for other player, a defensive big.

• Like 1

Let ne explain completely, if there is 15 min for grab I would give that to a young player rather than to Plumlee, what can happen? At the very best we could develop a rotation player, at worst we are exactly like now. Richaun Holmes fot traded to Phoenix, they are not resigning Len or Williams. Len, Vonleh, Williams are the best young bigs out there, every team has a development big, we could have drafted Mitchell Robinson and fill that need.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

The need is really a Center, a defensive big. Collins and Spellman will split minutes at PF, even Prince can play some in small ball,  Center is for Dedmon, some Spellman and the big we need to sign. 30 min for Collins, 30 for Dedmon, 20 for Spellman, still 16 min for other player, a defensive big.

There is no defensive minded big with talent available for the min. Vonleh, Len, all those guys are pretty bad defensive players.

• Like 2

Hawks need a stretch combo PF/C with high BBIQ, positive locker room presence, on an affordable contract. Is Moose available? ?

• Like 1