• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need a big

gurpilo

Just now, KB21 said:

When did Jahlil develop this offensive skill?  He's a big that can't shoot nor defend.  He has no place in the modern NBA.

He can score, he can score easy baskets, he can post up, he can create his own shot off the bench, and he is talented. He has a place, he just needs PT and a the right situation for him. 

Not to mention, he's been working his jumper and his range. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

When did Jahlil develop this offensive skill?  He's a big that can't shoot nor defend.  He has no place in the modern NBA.

Dedmon couldn't shoot either before last year.  And by the way, that was the knock on John Collins

• Like 1

Just now, Buzzard said:

Vet minimums limit is two years. If we use an exception, we can only sign them for a maximum of two years as well. Neither will go for three years anyway. I imagine they will both be betting on themselves to get at least contract in the Moose/'Dedmon range after this season.

Who has a roster spot? Most teams seem to be finished at 14. Our team has two spots available once Melo is cut. HOU has two but one is for Capela and the other is for Melo. Miami has a spot but that's likely for Wade. Most teams are looking for 2 way guys right now. These guys pretty much need to be willing to take more years to get them some time in the NBA. 

Outside of Lin, no one is a proven NBA scorer on our bench. 

Dorsey - Nope

Kevin H- He has the potential but we haven't seen nothing yet

Anderson - Nope

Bembry - Nope

Plumlee - Hell naw

Spellman - He can score but he is not a scorer

None of them can do this: 

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, sillent said:

Tyler was actually a nice surprise but I wouldn't keep stringing the guy back and forth unless we/he knows we are his best result.

I believe if Plumlee comes to play and stays healthy he will look pretty good with all of our playmakers out there. He should get alot of rebounds because of all the shots we put up and can atleast be serviceable on defense because of his size. I still agree another Center would still be beneficial though. In my opinion he doesn't even have to be able to hit 3's but he does need to shot block, rebound and play good defense inside & out.

Alot of people here wanted Clint Capella. I haven't checked the contracts but I'd do a Baze for Thon Maker move and clear up space at the guard/wing area for our youth. 

Nope, Thon makes $3.6 mil. Bucks have no capspace to take Baze without sending us back bad matching salary. They are also over the cap.

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@Spud2nique, how could you like Babbit over Okafor? Jahlil has offensive skill, can score easy baskets, is coachable, and he has been working on his body a ton this off-season. I would rather him over a player who I think time is up as a NBA player. 

I feel like Jahlil is in big trouble in today’s game. He’s big, not as mobile as other centers, can’t shoot, can’t play defense, and hasn’t developed any aspect of his game in like 5 years...

Im gonna pass.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Fixed it for you.  

This is true, Okafor wasn't the shooter Dedmon is before use but Dedmon is a vet and was 7 million per. Jahlil is a min salary guy. The expectations just aren't the same. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Who has a roster spot? Most teams seem to be finished at 14. Our team has two spots available once Melo is cut. HOU has two but one is for Capela and the other is for Melo. Miami has a spot but that's likely for Wade. Most teams are looking for 2 way guys right now. These guys pretty much need to be willing to take more years to get them some time in the NBA. 

Kings are the only team under the cap. Most any team, including us, can offer is two years since we are over the cap. Vet minimum or an exception for one year is what they are looking for IMO. Maybe a player option but I bet you they are not looking for a team option as young as they are.

There's 15 teams with 14 players or less signed. One non-guaranteed roster release away for any of those teams being able to add either of them.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/

Sort on signed players.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I feel like Jahlil is in big trouble in today’s game. He’s big, not as mobile as other centers, can’t shoot, can’t play defense, and hasn’t developed any aspect of his game in like 5 years...

Im gonna pass.

I don't have that same worry, especially for a min salary guy. His shooting is improving. His body should allow him to move better. His defense will never be good. He will always be limited but that doesn't mean he  can't have a positive impact on the game. I always felt he is the perfect player that has the have the perfect personnel around him to be successful. He has developed. His shooting numbers tells us that. The issue is, he hasn't found the right situation which is critical for a player like him. For him, his next step is to find the perfect situation and be a positive impact guys which he has struggled with so far. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/okafoja01.html

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Kings are the only team under the cap. Most any team, including us, can offer is two years since we are over the cap. Vet minimum or an exception for one year is what they are looking for IMO. Maybe a player option but I bet you they are not looking for a team option as young as they are.

There's 15 teams with 14 players or less signed. One non-guaranteed roster release away for any of those teams being able to add either of them.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/

Sort on signed players.

SAC isn't interested. They are about to be set as they are about to sign Yogi Ferrell. Right now, Okafor, Len, Vonleh, etc are fighting to stay in the NBA right now. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

SAC isn't interested. They are about to be set as they are about to sign Yogi Ferrell. Right now, Okafor, Len, Vonleh, etc are fighting to stay in the NBA right now. 

So what was your point about them wanting more years when they cannot get them? This is my point; no one has cap to give them more years and there are plenty of teams that can make a roster spot available for a vet minimum or a exception right now.

I think we will sign another big once the Melo deal is completed; and I have been a proponent for Okafor as a possibility from day one. I like Len as well. It just won't be long term for any big we sign since we have no cap space left.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Only centers left are - Capela, Len, Okafor and Wright. That's it.

Capela is out.

Wright is old.

That leaves Len and Okafor. For minimum salary, I'll take either.

Check Okafor’s attitude..not locker room friendly at all.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Only centers left are - Capela, Len, Okafor and Wright. That's it.

Capela is out.

Wright is old.

That leaves Len and Okafor. For minimum salary, I'll take either.

You got Monroe and Amir Johnson

Just now, NBASupes said:

Just about everyone talks about how great he is in the locker room. Both Pierce, Brown and his teammates. 

Hmmm...ok..still don’t love his on court skills but maybe he will resurrect his career.