NBASupes

The Dennis Schröder Appreciation Thread

Recommended Posts

I as well enjoyed Dennis's time here, I hope he is successful in okc and has a good career in the nba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dennis had the mentality that we all wanted Jeff Teague to have.   While I definitely had my doubts about Dennis in the beginning, his play in 2016 vs Cleveland in the playoffs, is what won me over on him.   While Jeff and Al were doing their usual disappearing acts, and Millsap was struggling, it was Dennis who kept the fight going, even to the point that it forced Cleveland to fight tooth and nail to win the game.   The only reason why they damn near stole that game, was Dennis' will to keep fighting.

 

 

Agreed. The tight Sphincter bunch disappeared.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis has the moxie; Teague has the basketball IQ. Teague was much more likely to get his teammates involved. Dennis had better skills to get his teammates involved but not the mindset. Teague was better at the three ball.

If you could merge Teague and Dennis together you would have a great PG. For where he was drafted, Dennis is a solid player but given his propensity to take shots, he is much more suited as a 6th man. Jamal Crawford 2.0 but he still needs to get that shot to fall.

I wish him luck and I had high hopes for him when we drafted him.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree. Dennis could be a rotational player on a championship team imho, he just put a lot of pressure on himself especially offensively to carry the load and got a bad rap for our down year last year. I’m hoping he kills it in OKC and becomes their 6th man.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Agreed. The tight Sphincter bunch disappeared.

? it had been a minute since Sphincter made an appearance!

 

I appreciate you Dennis. Beat the scrubs!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, turnermx said:

I totally agree. Dennis could be a rotational player on a championship team imho, he just put a lot of pressure on himself especially offensively to carry the load and got a bad rap for our down year last year. I’m hoping he kills it in OKC and becomes their 6th man.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No . . . the FRANCHISE put that pressure on him, when they traded away or let go the top 3 scoring options on the team.   I saw it coming last season, and said that fans should give him a complete pass for the 2017 - 18 season.  But for some reason, they didn't.

If Dennis didn't score big last year, the Hawks lost.  No one could score the ball at a volume ratae, until Taurean gave us a little bit of a glimpse that he could, back in March.   And once Schlenk traded away Illy and Beli, it simply set Dennis up for failure . . . which may have been the GM's plan all along.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We, the Hawks, will miss you Dennis.  You were one of ours and we watched you play, always wanting you and the Hawks to win.  We know that you backed off on defense, trying to stay on the floor and not foul out.  Now that you are expected to come off the bench and play less minutes, you can play harder on defense.

On offense, when you are with the second unit, your ability to hit your shots will be so important.  You have the talent to do this.  You wanted to play for a team, hopefully headed into the playoffs and expected to go far.

Too bad about your trouble with the law.  You will probably get out of it.  You know what they say, "Money talks and poop walks."  Everyone knows you have the money, so . . .

We really like what you did good for the Hawks.  We just really didn't like some of your attitude problems and your law problems.  Grow up.  Be a man and leave that juvenile Dennis in Germany.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No . . . the FRANCHISE put that pressure on him, when they traded away or let go the top 3 scoring options on the team.   I saw it coming last season, and said that fans should give him a complete pass for the 2017 - 18 season.  But for some reason, they didn't.

If Dennis didn't score big last year, the Hawks lost.  No one could score the ball at a volume ratae, until Taurean gave us a little bit of a glimpse that he could, back in March.   And once Schlenk traded away Illy and Beli, it simply set Dennis up for failure . . . which may have been the GM's plan all along.

Exactly. Gave him the keys but the engine was a clunker.

Dennis has his flaws yes and it did him no favors.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exactly. Gave him the keys but the engine was a clunker.

Dennis has his flaws yes and it did him no favors.

 

Hopefully OKC has the roster to bring out the best in Dennis. I know I will be watching.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2018 at 1:45 PM, NBASupes said:

I felt we hit well on his pick. 

 

He had a solid career in Atlanta. Played hard. Was an end to end defender when he got less minutes. He tremendously improved and he wanted to be good. He was a part of the 60 win team and he played well. Salute Dennis! He is a good talent and will be excellent for the Thunder. 

 

 

Those shooting numbers I never expected to translate looking at his form versus Euro competition but I’m highly surprised and disappointed that when he became a starter that defensive profile they touted seems like a joke.  Some of the most wasted quickness and wingspan I’ve ever seen. Loved him off the bench, easily an elite BU with Lin, Collison, Barea, etc.

He’s one of those players who’s extremely ballsy but not necessarily tough because offensively they’re fearless, on defense taken advantage of.  For his size the durability was outstanding, wanted more from the IQ. I’ve found myself not caring too much for any of the 60 win Hawks after they leave outside of Kyle.  

He should score at will coming off the bench, if Donovan can return him to a full-court defending style I’d be impressed.  Dennis is at a weird crossroads thinking he’s a starter but evidently won’t be for the foreseeable future.  Playing alongside Westbrook isn’t gonna be pretty, both bad to awful off the ball and from three.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis has played a similar game since his sophmore year in the league with the major difference being his minutes per game . 

After his rookie season, he was basically a scoring point who was decent with his passing. 

He put up between 18.5 pp36 and 22.5 pp36 every year from year 2 to 5 and his shots per minute, usage rate and points per minute went up slightly every year. 

He was never terrible efficient as a scorer with a ts% around .515% every year other than 2016-17 when he shot a higher % on 3's (.516%, .510%, .533%. 515%).  His ast% and to% was pretty much the same every year except last year he really improved his ballhandling and dropped that to% substantially.  On the ball defense was always pretty good and off the ball defense was pretty bad.  

I don't think anyone can accuse him of being afraid on the court and he has the tools to become better.  He is young enough to keep growing as a player so I wish him the best in Oklahoma.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2018 at 0:41 PM, turnermx said:

 

Hopefully OKC has the roster to bring out the best in Dennis. I know I will be watching.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is my dark horse team to knock out the scrubs this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2018 at 1:13 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dennis had the mentality that we all wanted Jeff Teague to have.   While I definitely had my doubts about Dennis in the beginning, his play in 2016 vs Cleveland in the playoffs, is what won me over on him.   While Jeff and Al were doing their usual disappearing acts, and Millsap was struggling, it was Dennis who kept the fight going, even to the point that it forced Cleveland to fight tooth and nail to win the game.   The only reason why they damn near stole that game, was Dennis' will to keep fighting.

 

 

All over it with this post.  Definitely was a Dennis fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And then moments like this. I’m going to miss the kid lmao

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.