• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

Just now, Buzzard said:

All I have is the "about me" in the profile fields and in my drop down there is no edit signature option. Thanks for trying but looks like the signature option is missing. Maybe it is a premium member only like being able to fix ( edit ) previous post is now.

I can hide my signature and that is what I have done.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I can hide my signature and that is what I have done.

Sorry about that! After finding my own Sig I went and edited yours (w/ KAT) in the event you find a means to edit it and reactivate it later on.

~lw3

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

All I have is the "about me" in the profile fields and in my drop down there is no edit signature option. Thanks for trying but looks like the signature option is missing. Maybe it is a premium member only like being able to fix ( edit ) previous post is now.

Looks like you have changed your signature now. I'm still trying to change mine. :hmm:

8 minutes ago, pimp said:

Looks like you have changed your signature now. I'm still trying to change mine. :hmm:

LW3 changed mine to test it. All I can do is hide my old one. Nice Pick @capstone21 Two best players on the planet are now gone.

• Like 1

• Admin

With the 5th pick Capstone's Crew selects:

KEVIN DURANT 6'11 SF/PF

durant.jpg

This guy brings pure excitement and does everything on the court ... We get scoring, rebounding, defense, ball handling, 3 point shooting and a willing passer to boot.  The game comes so effortless to KD... when he is moving on the court it looks like he is just floating out there.  He is ultra versatile and can play anything from sg to even center.  At only 29 years old, Durant is already a multi time champion and a former MVP!! Its pretty exciting for the CREW to start a team off with this Texas alum as our franchise player.   

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

All the usual superstars are going fast. I think Harden is proving he can perform in the playoffs now. Great pick @AHF

That’s what is making my  pick at #11 so tough. All the usual suspects will be gone  by then . 

1 hour ago, pimp said:

That’s what is making my  pick at #11 so tough. All the usual suspects will be gone  by then . 

Yes but double dipping is good towards the end. I will be doing that at 24 and 25 which is fun; but the pickings for a superstar I am afraid will be long gone.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Just wondering, I think @AHF mentioned a separate thread where the players would just be listed?

Just want to see whose available?

Towns

Ant Davis

Freak

and a few others gone.

Well Blank, Blank and Blank are still available 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Just wondering, I think @AHF mentioned a separate thread where the players would just be listed?

Just want to see whose available?

Towns

Ant Davis

Freak

and a few others gone.

They will be listed in this thread.  Here is the update and I'll edit the first post as well:

Pick # Team Selection
1 Buzzard Karl Anthony-Towns
2 turnermx Anthony Davis
3 JayBirdHawk Giannis Antetokounmpo
4 TheNorthCydeRises LeBron James
5 capstone21 Kevin Durant
6 AHF James Harden
7 HopefulHawksFan Russell Westbrook
8 Spud2Nique  
9 lethalweapon3  
10 Marvin24Williams  
11 pimp  
12 LucastheThird  

• Like 3

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

Image result for russell westbrook

Sorry...forgot to put the name in bold!

Intriguing pick.  He was not among the people I was debating so will be very interested to see how the full team looks around him.

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

Intriguing pick.  He was not among the people I was debating so will be very interested to see how the full team looks around him.

I like the pick. He went pretty far with Durant before Durant quit on them. I am not blaming Durant. OKC let Harden go instead of paying him; and that had to be disheartening when you look at what Harden did almost immediately after changing teams.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like the pick. He went pretty far with Durant before Durant quit on them. I am not blaming Durant. OKC let Harden go instead of paying him; and that had to be disheartening when you look at what Harden did almost immediately after changing teams.

I kind of view Westbrook like this generation's AI.  Tough guy to build around but very talented.  It would be really fascinating to see what OKC would look like if they had kept Harden and let Ibaka walk.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I kind of view Westbrook like this generation's AI.  Tough guy to build around but very talented.  It would be really fascinating to see what OKC would look like if they had kept Harden and let Ibaka walk.

Things have changed over the years with views on payroll but back then I think it may have been inconceivable to keep all four in such a small market. My point is, I have always thought paying Serge over Harden was easily Presti's biggest mistake. It turned out to be a doozy.

• Like 2