• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

With the 8th pick in the draft the Spudsters (lw3 gave me a better name I forgot) select:

STEPHEN CURRY ? 

Geometry and ? go hand in hand. Change the metrics and angles of the game and you change the game. This guy (as annoying as he is) basically changed the game by eliminating big men who couldn’t shuffle their feet because he would destroy them from inside and out when he was on a switch. 

After going through various ankle injuries early in his career, he has only managed to send his team to the finals 4 straight times winning it 3 times. He’s a deadly three point marksmen who increases the true shooting percentage of everyone on the floor by getting them open shots simply with the pump fake it allows everyone to space and spread the floor causing easy looks. 

Hes always a candidate for a Larry Birdish 90/50/40 ft/fg/3 stats.

• Like 4

• Moderators

In the 1st Round, with the 9th Pick in the Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender selects:

"Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"

Screen_Shot_2017_06_01_at_8.37.54_PM.0.p

Joel Hans Embiid (Center, 7'0", 250 lbs., Age 24): "Again?"

I don’t know about the IQ, but so long as Embiid stays healthy and maintains the nimble dexterity of a squirrel, the Tender will have a young bedrock manning the pivot for years.

After being put on ice for a couple years to rectify foot and knee issues, Embiid proved in 2017-18 that his would-be Rookie-of-the-Year 2016-17 campaign was no fluke. Displaying deft footwook on post-ups, rejecting nearly a couple shots per game, Joel averaged a 20-10+ double-double in the regular season and during his first playoff run, while being one of just two players among the league's Top-8 in Rebound Percentage and Block Percentage.

While he beasted in and around the paint on both ends, he didn’t live there. He occasionally hit a three-pointer per game as well, and made significant strides passing from both the post and at the top of the key. Must be a product of excellent assistant coaching.

Joel reached 2nd-Team All-League in what is, for many players, a sophomore slump. His late-season orbital fracture healed, Embiid must continue to hone his perimeter jumper and cut down on ball-handling and three-second violation turnovers. But whether it involves balling on the court or on social media, Tender fans can trust The Process to figure out how to excel.

Meanwhile, over there by the corner three, @Marvin24Williams has been PM'd and is ready to take flight!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

With the 8th pick in the draft the Spudsters (lw3 gave me a better name I forgot) select:

STEPHEN CURRY ? 

Geometry and ? go hand in hand. Change the metrics and angles of the game and you change the game. This guy (as annoying as he is) basically changed the game by eliminating big men who couldn’t shuffle their feet because he would destroy them from inside and out when he was on a switch. 

After going through various ankle injuries early in his career, he has only managed to send his team to the finals 4 straight times winning it 3 times. He’s a deadly three point marksmen who increases the true shooting percentage of everyone on the floor by getting them open shots simply with the pump fake it allows everyone to space and spread the floor causing easy looks. 

Hes always a candidate for a Larry Birdish 90/50/40 ft/fg/3 stats.

You picked a Scrub??? :thinking:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You picked a Scrub??? :thinking:

I feel so dirty Burd...Seriously it was between him, Embiid who lw swooped up being a Philadelphian and a player I cannot discuss yet. I’m so damn disgusted I might be open to trade ?....

im self loathing hardscore right now it’s not even funny. Ew on my pick.

With the 11th pick of the draft. The Atlanta Air Force selects 
Kawhi Leonard
s-l300.jpg

NBA Champion
NBA Finals MVP
2 Time defensive player of the year
Only played in 9 games last season due to injury, but we are looking for him return to form in 2018/19.
Our doctors don't mishandle or misdiagnose injuries, so Kawhi wont have to worry about that.

At 27 years old, he just entering the prime of his career. We feel that his best years are still ahead of him.

Also, in an effort to keep Kawhi happy, we have hired a personal 'yes man' to follow him around , and tell  him
everything he wants to hear.

in an effort to keep Kawhi happy, we hired a personal

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, pimp said:

Kawhi Leonard
s-l300.jpg

NBA Champion
NBA Finals MVP
Only played in 9 games last season due to injury, but we are looking for him return to form in 2018/19.
Our doctors don't mishandle or misdiagnose injuries, so Kawhi wont have to worry about that.

At 27 years old, he just entering the prime of his career. We feel that his best years are still ahead of him.

Also, in an effort to keep Kawhi happy, we have hired a personal 'yes man' to follow him around , and tell  him

I think your concern about getting s superstar at 11 was short lived. I am not going back on past drafts but I am pretty sure Leonard has been in the top six for the previous two or three drafts. Great pick.

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Marvin24Williams said:

So are the signatures a premium member thing? I don't see an option to enable or edit it under account settings. The only text box I get it "About Me"

Yeah, unfortunately it's looking that way. Another item for us Mods to add to the list of things to run past Admin when he gets time.

I may set up some standard format so, for the GMs that want team info in their signature, I can put it in there for y'all.

~lw3

• Moderators
Pick # Team Selection
1 Buzzard Karl Anthony-Towns
2 turnermx Anthony Davis
3 JayBirdHawk Giannis Antetokounmpo
4 TheNorthCydeRises LeBron James
5 capstone21 Kevin Durant
6 AHF James Harden
7 HopefulHawksFan Russell Westbrook
8 Spud2Nique Steph Curry
9 lethalweapon3 Joel Embiid
10 Marvin24Williams Nikola Jokic
11 pimp Kawhi Leonard

3 hours ago, pimp said:

Kawhi Leonard
s-l300.jpg

NBA Champion
NBA Finals MVP

And that’s the other player I couldn’t discuss in my last post. It was between Curry, Embiid and Kawhi and they went with 2/3 picks only separated by Jokic, who is a great pick himself. 

Squawk minds ? alike! ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Just saying that 3 of our top 11 picks were on my team last year.  Now where is that pat yourself on the back emoji?

I got ya! Turn around.... ?...jk

Wait, didn’t last year consist on you, lethal, the two miles that were being trained for “waterboy” the movie in 98..Steve n Billy...and the newbies?

I kid, who were the 3? I’m guessing a Wildcat was in there. Where’s Lucas? My franchise player ? ? is getting restless.. ? 

Just now, capstone21 said:

Two of the top three were on mine ;)

That’s it. I gotta see last year’s draft now. A few teams must have really messed up. ? ? And AHF we’re drafting all star teams ⭐️ ? 

Who had a ??

• Like 2