2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Moderators
Just now, Buzzard said:

@LucastheThird has about two hours left and if I read the rules right one hour to make their 1st and 2nd pick to get caught up, After that it is @pimp to make his pick.

I hope Lucas gets on, with only 12 teams drafting, missing his picks here could really hurt him.

Always better to see people make their picks for sure.

Just now, Buzzard said:

@LucastheThird has about two hours left and if I read the rules right one hour to make their 1st and 2nd pick to get caught up, After that it is @pimp to make his pick.

I hope Lucas gets on, with only 12 teams drafting, missing his picks here could really hurt him.

i hope he gets back in time. I Want him to make his picks , so that my choice will be easier to make.

I agree with both @AHF and @pimp but the draft started yesterday morning. Everyone had plenty of time to make contingency plans. It will be a shame but similar and sometimes worse things happen in other drafts. Worse is you autopick a injured player in the first or second round,

I do hope he gets on in time.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Draft is moving faster this year, really thought I had another day or so draft.

Thrilled to see you get your picks in!  Remember to notify @pimp

that he is on the clock.

With the 14th pick of the draft, the Atlanta Air Force selects 
Kyrie Irving / Uncle Drew
s-l300.jpg
NBA Champion
former rookie of the year

Kyrie joins Kawhi Leonard as the 2nd NBA champion on my team. 
Kyrie is a fantastic ballhandler, that can get to  the rim at will. He also shoots over 40% from 3 on nearly 7 attempts per game. 
AblePiercingFox-size_restricted.gif

@Marvin24Williams is up next 

• Like 2

With the 15th pick in the draft, the Marvy Marvs select:

JIMMY BUTLER

jimmy-butler_1auivhquxyyav1rdctvy5rw2al.

This was an easy pick. Butler is one of the best 2-way players in todays game. Butler may not be a superstar type offensive talent but he gets the job done. 22/5/5 averages on 47/35/85 shooting splits. He's also terrific at getting the the FT line, as evidenced by his 7.2 FTA. With that being said, the main selling point here was his defense. He's a terrific defender who will help shore up my teams perimeter defense. Great versatility on that end and can guard 1-4. I'm not quite sure where i'll slot him in right now, seeing how there's still so many great players available. Butler being able to man either the 2 or 3 offers great flexibility moving forward in the draft.

@lethalweapon3 

you're next!

• Like 3

• Moderators

In the 2nd Round, with the 16th Pick in the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender selects:

ola.jpg

No, no, no, Kehinde Babatunde Victor Oladipo (Shooting Guard, 6'4", 210 lbs., Age 26)! When we asked you to try on some “Chuck Taylor,” All-Star, that is so not what we had in mind. To be honest, though, you’re kinda halfway there, might as well see it through. Makeup!

To a few, selecting him at this spot may seem a reach… just kidding! I would’ve been decidedly in that reach camp this time last season, myself. Yet, it’s amazing what happens when you commit to developing a former high draft pick in the offseason, when he commits to improving his own conditioning, and when you entrust him with the ball.

A predictable boost in usage in 2017-18 did not prove commensurate with a drop in efficiency. Quite the opposite. Oladipo surged in field-goal accuracy inside and beyond the perimeter, and improved as a rebounder and a passer, all while leading the league in steals (2.4 SPG) and finishing the year as a top-ten scorer (23.1 PPG).

In his fifth pro season, Oladipo has emerged as a quintessential floor leader, on both ends of the floor. Earning his All-League 3rd Team and All-Defensive 1st Team in the regular season, he didn’t stop there, leading his team to pushing the longtime Eastern Conference champions to the brink of elimination. Victor was ultimately not victorious, but not for a lack of trying, again putting in nearly 23 points and a league-best 2.4 steals per contest in the opening round.

Their remains room for improvement for the league’s reigning Most Improved Player award winner. Specifically, his shot efficiency can improve even more, giving up his long-two field goal attempts in favor of three-pointers, particularly the catch-and-shoot variety. As a smallish shooting guard, he has been reliant in recent years on steady point guards as teammates, but at least for now, he will have to bring the ball up the floor and set up more productive plays for his floor-sharers.

Those teammates will include Joel Embiid, his fellow first-time All-Star with deep West African roots. It will be easy building a rapport between Vic and Joel, particularly on screen-and-rolls, that will provide the Tender a new-age Wade-and-Shaq combo that could indeed prove Lethal for many seasons to come.

Keep the wig, Victor. Things could get hairy for the rest of the Summer Dynasty League!

We got a Spudtastic pick coming up next, from the effervescent @Spud2nique!

~lw3

• Like 2

Every pick looks good and it may get to me tonight at 24 and 25. One round a day would be a great average compared to last year; but I think last year we had a few more players.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

In the 2nd Round, with the 16th Pick in the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender selects:

ola.jpg

No, no, no, Victor Oladipo (Shooting Guard, 6'4", 210 lbs., Age 26)! When we asked you to try on some “Chuck Taylor,” All-Star, that is so not what we had in mind. To be honest, though, you’re kinda halfway there, might as well see it through. Makeup!

More on our Cross-overing, Crooning Crusader in this space in a little while.

We got a Spudtastic pick coming up next, from the effervescent @Spud2nique!

~lw3

I had planned on taking Vic but not surprised he went before my pick ... he is only getting better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

I had planned on taking Vic but not surprised he went before my pick ... he is only getting better

That would have been three years in a row for you. I think we traded last year because I took him or maybe the year before.

PS I have no more likes to give out,

With the 17th pick in the 2018 Squawk summer league, the ? tastic Spudsters (please take ur vitamins per Hulk Hogan kids)..select:

Donovan Mitchell 

At 6’3” 215 pounds, this new age physical freaks came out in his rookie year and started hooping like he was mad ? at the rim. He rejuvenated an entire fan base in Utah with averages of 20.5/3.7/3.7 and I’m hoping for the same with our squad. Curry just sent him a tweet let’s check it!

WELCOME SPLASH NEPHEW! ?-Stephen Curry

Well, as long as Dell’s lil rugrat is ? with his backcourt mate, then this GM is ? as well. 

Ps Oh I forgot, he took the slam dunk title this year too!

• Like 3