• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

State Farm is theeeeeerrreee!!!

Spud2nique

Just now, macdaddy said:

Ah crap.   State Farm Arena?   Where is Coke, Delta, UPS?   State Farm is based in Illinois.  

They should call it Turner Court just to stick it to the Braves.   

I wanted coke badly! Ugh

Just now, kg01 said:

Who is this, Whitney Houston or something?  Too soon?

Oh and for thread title, I was gonna go "Hawks Just Bought the Farm ... State Farm ... boom"

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/breaking-hawks-reach-arena-naming-rights-agreement-with-state-farm/ugmOWmhYSF8C0k1igJLmON/

Does this make up for not drafting Chris Paul now?  He'll have to shoot all his (gawd-awful) commercials here.

And @macdaddy, you may as well get over it but it would've been nice to play in Porsche Arena.

I should really leave the new news for people who are ready to bring the funk like @kg01 with that title! Mods can y’all let KG have this wonderful title cuz mine ..well I was just early morning singing ?! Seriously that title can’t go to waste. That’s beautiful!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I should really leave the new news for people who are ready to bring the funk like @kg01 with that title! Mods can y’all let KG have this wonderful title cuz mine ..well I was just early morning singing ?! Seriously that title can’t go to waste. That’s beautiful!

No love for the Whitney reference though?  Tough crowd.

I dig your title though.  Like a good neighboorrrrr .....

Still though, Coke Stadium or Coke Building or stte would've had a real Tony Montana vibe to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Tony Montana vibe to it.

I retire...

ps props on Whitney! Ah man I wouldn’t say it’s too soon and all the theatrics aside, I always loved Whitney ..80’s whitney not towards the end.

HELL

TO THE NO!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

First order of business:

NEVER ALLOW CURRY AND CP3 TO DO ANOTHER COMMERCIAL! #nomorecliffpaul #nocurryever

So if it's Chris Paul and Cliff Paul is it now gonna be Trae Young and Dre Young?  Hmmmm

A national campaign like that would be too much, too soon for Rayf but ... eh, offseason fun-talk.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So if it's Chris Paul and Cliff Paul is it now gonna be Trae Young and Dre Young?  Hmmmm

A national campaign like that would be too much, too soon for Rayf but ... eh, offseason fun-talk.

Trae and Dre....I like it.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Trae n Dre?

Now ur just showing off! We need to make a ? call to see if we can promote this guy, that’s special!

Copyright that asap @kg01 you know there are lurkers.... ? 

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Huh ... I am shocked too that Coke hasn't gotten in there or at least be the Jersey sponsors.

I used to be very good friends with the owner of Atlanta Coca-Cola Bottling and also with some the major players at Coke through my work raising funds for non-profit organizations in Atlanta (Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Children's Healthcare, Reinhardt University, etc.).  We also found it difficult to get money from Coke because their answer was always "We don't want to be perceived as a 'local' company by sponsoring local organizations.  We want to be seen as a national and international company, so we try to sponsor things that are bigger than just supporting Atlanta teams or organizations."