• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons 2018

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Here we go again.  Someone must have put diesel in the Ferrari offense because we were choking all night.  I was impressed with the defense (not with Trufant aka Mr. PI tho).  Yeah, yeah... First game jitters and we haven't built up our stamina yet, but I keep waiting for this team to become what we know they can be.  We could be better than Rodger and the Packers back during their 2011 SB run, but just can't seem to get clicking on all cylinders.

Come on Falcons!  Give us more than hope!

That long pass that was called incomplete, after a challenge, sure looked complete, didn't it.  Saw several replays and it was jiggled around, then secured.  Any one else see it my way?

What is it about the red zone and the birds?  They try and try and try, game after game, year after year.  We watch our opponents.  Compared to us, they all make it look so easy and we can't.  Why?  From the 20 to the 20, Atlanta moves with some ease.  Then, they freeze, over and over.

:angry:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

That long pass that was called incomplete, after a challenge, sure looked complete, didn't it.  Saw several replays and it was jiggled around, then secured.  Any one else see it my way?

What is it about the red zone and the birds?  They try and try and try, game after game, year after year.  We watch our opponents.  Compared to us, they all make it look so easy and we can't.  Why?  From the 20 to the 20, Atlanta moves with some ease.  Then, they freeze, over and over.

:angry:

I've gotten over being mad, I'm just sad now, sigh.

• Like 2

• Moderators

From Mark Bradley

Thursday’s game ended the way January’s Division Round encounter had – with Matt Ryan throwing to Julio Jones at the pylon to no avail. (Different pylon this time, though. For Steve Sarkisian, that constitutes a wrinkle.) 

Sark sucks.   He needs to go.   How much more evidence do we need.   Honestly i'm not totally sure Quinn is cut out to be a head coach but i'm willing to see how a real OC would affect this team because the D continues to be decent. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

From Mark Bradley

Sark sucks.   He needs to go.   How much more evidence do we need.   Honestly i'm not totally sure Quinn is cut out to be a head coach but i'm willing to see how a real OC would affect this team because the D continues to be decent. 

We saw what Shanny was able to do with the offense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
8 hours ago, hawkman said:

Not quite yet but I'm concerned. There are some injuries to key players on defense so I will give Quinn a pass for now.

Yes, we have injuries on defense currently, but our CB's are not one of them.  I'll give the D a pass right now, but the injuries are to our best LB and safeties, yet we are getting burned by WR's.  Trufant and Alford are making stupid penalties and getting burned.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, hawkman said:

Not quite yet but I'm concerned. There are some injuries to key players on defense so I will give Quinn a pass for now.

I get the injuries, but the defense holding a lead has been a major problem for the last few years. The prevent defense when up 2+ scores invariably leads to a nail biting last second play.

I'm starting to look at DQ with a side eye.

1-3 is brutal especially when we could so easily be 4-0 right now. At least the defense played better in the 2nd half. That final drive was frustrating. Beasley was robbed on the fumble and then Trufant missed an easy interception. 

We really need to win these next 3 games before the BYE. Steelers, Bucs, Giants is about as easy a stretch as you could ask for right now. Unfortunately no game is easy for us.