• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons/Saints OT

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

I'm actually encouraged despite the loss to a division rival. They flat out couldn't score last season so I'm glad to see them scoring +30 points this season. The defense needs work, but I'm sure Quinn can get that back on track. If they can get the offense AND defense humming, they will look like Super Bowl contenders again.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, hawkman said:

I'm actually encouraged despite the loss to a division rival. They flat out couldn't score last season so I'm glad to see them scoring +30 points this season. The defense needs work, but I'm sure Quinn can get that back on track. If they can get the offense AND defense humming, they will look like Super Bowl contenders again.

Patchwork defense with Neal, Jones and Takk out. That might be hard to overcome - their backups just aren't as good.

• Moderators

The defense has been doing all they can (that horrid "tackle" attempt on Brees notwithstanding).  But Sark and the offense will continue to be our downfall.  I know they did ok yesterday but we got the ball with a 1 point lead and 1:50 to go till halftime and decide to run some nampy pampy running plays i guess with the thought we could ease into halftime with the lead.  Instead NO calls timeout, gets the ball back and easily get a FG before halftime. It's that kind of scared play calling that separates good teams from real contenders.  We lost the game right there.  Especially against Brees, you have to go for every point you can get. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The defense has been doing all they can (that horrid "tackle" attempt on Brees notwithstanding).  But Sark and the offense will continue to be our downfall.  I know they did ok yesterday but we got the ball with a 1 point lead and 1:50 to go till halftime and decide to run some nampy pampy running plays i guess with the thought we could ease into halftime with the lead.  Instead NO calls timeout, gets the ball back and easily get a FG before halftime. It's that kind of scared play calling that separates good teams from real contenders.  We lost the game right there.  Especially against Brees, you have to go for every point you can get. 

Well things just got worse for the defense.

Un-freakin-believable.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This is not our year.  

Let's just regroup next year. Use this year as a training exercise.

Backups aren't as good as starters, which leads to 3rd and 4th stringers  on special teams.

Unless Matt and Co. try to just outscore teams unless it comes down to the final minutes.

Why can't Matt and Julio connect on TDs?

Ridley (4TDs) already has passed Julio (3TDs).last season in 3 games.  I know Julio gets doubled etc but still...c'mon man, get Ju in the end zone.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let's just regroup next year. Use this year as a training exercise.

Backups aren't as good as starters, which leads to 3rd and 4th stringers  on special teams.

Unless Matt and Co. try to just outscore teams unless it comes down to the final minutes.

Why can't Matt and Julio connect on TDs?

Ridley (4TDs) already has passed Julio (3TDs).last season in 3 games.  I know Julio gets doubled etc but still...c'mon man, get Ju in the end zone.

Well my opinion is that our offense is just very predictable and nothing is really done to get Julio open.   Ridley is benefitting from Julio getting attention and the fact that he is fast.  

There is no chance we outscore any decent football team with this offense.  The Saints D is bad.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, High5 said:

We went 4-for-4 in the redzone two weeks in a row, plus 2/2 on 2pt conversions. We scored 31 and 37 on division rivals. To continue focusing blame on Sark seems so misguided to me.

We have a lot of weapons.  It's the decisions you make when it matters and the way the game is managed that are holding us back.  So far Sark hasn't proven he can do that.   

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We have a lot of weapons.  It's the decisions you make when it matters and the way the game is managed that are holding us back.  So far Sark hasn't proven he can do that.   

The offense scored 37 points and 16 of those came in the 4th quarter. The offense made play after play “when it mattered.” Saying we lost because we decided to run on 2nd down before the half after a good first down run is quite extreme.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, High5 said:

The offense scored 37 points and 16 of those came in the 4th quarter. The offense made play after play “when it mattered.” Saying we lost because we decided to run on 2nd down before the half after a good first down run is quite extreme.

It maybe extreme but it's true.  When you're a supposed contender, up by a point in the 2nd quarter, 3rd game of the season and the home crowd is booing your play calling then there's a problem.  

I get it.  There are plenty of reasons we could have won or lost the game but the question is

do you have faith in Sark?   

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It maybe extreme but it's true.  When you're a supposed contender, up by a point in the 2nd quarter, 3rd game of the season and the home crowd is booing your play calling then there's a problem.  

I get it.  There are plenty of reasons we could have won or lost the game but the question is

do you have faith in Sark?   

I strongly disagree agree with that first part, but whatever. As for the second part, I’m not going to overreact to 2 great games and claim Sark has conquered his demons and figured everything out. But we would be strong contenders with the play calling we’ve had the last two games if our defense wasn't in shambles.

No one had any faith in Shanahan going into his second season and look how that turned out. He also called a dud against a worse Eagles team during that season. And then when everyone had faith in him he let us down with overly aggressive play calling when it actually mattered most.

There is plenty to complain about right now without targeting the only bright spots from yesterday.

• 3 years later...