• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jimmy Butler

Vol4ever

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Just depends on how you run your scale.  He isn't in a class with LeBron, Durant, Steph, healthy Kawhi, etc. for me.

No he’s not but I’d put Bulls Butler almost in a different class that Wolves ? Butler. He wasn’t himself last year but whatever team gets him better hope he’s mentally that Bulls Jimmy.

2 hours ago, MaceCase said:

I don’t think a two time MVP is dropped to Butler’s level because he “only” made 3rd team last season.  That’s some goal post moving.

Ya we can’t base his “level” on various years. I am under the impressive that we are speaking about a player’s totalitarian ism sorta speak...

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8639373d-2daa-418b-ad05-69983c3c0cff

*impression

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No sir.  Goal post moving is describing guys who are legit top 15 players as B level players.

His career peak is two appearances on 3rd team All-NBA.  That isn’t a top 15 resume.

15 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No sir.  Goal post moving is describing guys who are legit top 15 players as B level players.

If you are cherry picking years in a poor attempt to display that they are on the same level then yea, that is classic goal post moving.  

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya we can’t base his “level” on various years. I am under the impressive that we are speaking about a player’s totalitarian ism sorta speak...

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8639373d-2daa-418b-ad05-69983c3c0cff

*impression

Yea, and it’s not as if Curry is 36 and 8 years removed from MVP caliber play to say that he’s fallen off completely to a lower tier.  He was uninamous selection just two seasons ago.

23 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Yea, and it’s not as if Curry is 36 and 8 years removed from MVP caliber play to say that he’s fallen off completely to a lower tier.  He was uninamous selection just two seasons ago.

Unfortunately yes. As much as I dislike Curry and the Warriors, hes up there for a reason.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • Moderators
32 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

JIMMY BUTLER LADY AND GENTLEMEN.  THAT IS ALL.

Congrats!   Was happy to see the C's go down horribly in the garden.  

Although Jimmy's series stats seem similar to the type of scoring Trae would get ripped for by some folks.  (sorry had to get some kind of dig in there. lol)

• Like 2

On 5/30/2023 at 3:21 PM, macdaddy said:

Congrats!   Was happy to see the C's go down horribly in the garden.  

Although Jimmy's series stats seem similar to the type of scoring Trae would get ripped for by some folks.  (sorry had to get some kind of dig in there. lol)

Haha probably.  I wouldn’t knock .420 and .348 splits from Trae, his playoff career is 40/30.  Huge difference is Jimmy slowed both Tatum and Brown on the winning end.  Trae accelerates them lol.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Haha probably.  I wouldn’t knock .420 and .348 splits from Trae, his playoff career is 40/30.  Huge difference is Jimmy slowed both Tatum and Brown on the winning end.  Trae accelerates them lol.

You know only offense (Specifically 3 point shooting) matters around here...Defense is a bad word around these parts

• Haha 1