• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Alex Len have any upside?

Wurider05

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

is the book already written on him or could we make him better?  He put up 8 and 8 last year and just turned 25.  i don't see Dedmon ending the season with us honestly.

Well I thought Dedmon was as good as he was going to be in San Antonio but I was wrong. He added the 3 ball and will earn himself a lot of money next season.

We have all been told for many, many years that big men and women take longer to mature into their physical ability.  Thus, a PG can get there much earlier than a center.  If this is true, then we have a young man who is just now coming into his own.  This is his opportunity to become what they thought of him when he was drafted and the Hawks get the benefit of his maturing late.

As much as Dedmon improved last season, we expect the same from Alex Len!

Today is the day!  1st pre season game1  GO HAWKS !!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've always been a Len fan. He did well in Phoenix in limited minutes. They never gave him the ball and let him run with it. I hope he starts for us and gets 30+ minutes a game. He can board, defend and score inside.

What'd you think of Trae's NBA debut?

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Nice passing, bad shooting. He needs to learn shot discipline.

I didn't watch the game (couldn't) but the box scores agrees with you.  I am happiest from his SL and pre-season play at just how good a passer he has been.  That will translate much more directly than the college scoring and gives me much more hope for him than I had coming into the draft.

• Like 4

When you have a small facilitator like Trae on ur roster and as a main focus of your offense, you need a big dude like Len, even if his game doesn’t fit the big man 3 point shooting style. You need him to shake off defenders with screens, get in the paint and rebound misses and just be an overall security guard type for Trae.

I like what Len is doing for us. You need one of two of these dudes on ur squad. Balance is the name of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I didn't watch the game (couldn't) but the box scores agrees with you.  I am happiest from his SL and pre-season play at just how good a passer he has been.  That will translate much more directly than the college scoring and gives me much more hope for him than I had coming into the draft.

The shot is worrying, but that passing was filthy. Did you see the highlights? That backboard oop oh lawd

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Nice passing, bad shooting. He needs to learn shot discipline.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Agreed.

Hopefully that happens fast. He doesn't have to carry the offensive burden so their is no need for him to be shot happy and undisciplined.

• Like 1

Man does Len have upside?!

Ab...so...lutely!

He grabbed boards, showed nice touch around the goal, hustled on defense and played very good defense, and was setting some awesome ass screens!

this dude is a keeper in my opinion , I believe he just needed more minutes.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

The shot is worrying, but that passing was filthy. Did you see the highlights? That backboard oop oh lawd

That backboard oop wasn't even my favorite highlight pass from the game.  His excellent passing is definitely the most exciting and encouraging thing we've seen from Young.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 9:10 AM, Sothron said:

I've always been a Len fan. He did well in Phoenix in limited minutes. They never gave him the ball and let him run with it. I hope he starts for us and gets 30+ minutes a game. He can board, defend and score inside.

I agree with this to some extent ( not much hope for his offense from my point of view. ) and will also say with the right coaching he could be our best true defensive center since Deke. Not in the same class but I see him averaging marginal points but huge with his boards. More like a Tree Rollins. Almost a complete waste offensively but could set a tone defensively.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I agree with this to some extent ( not much hope for his offense from my point of view. ) and will also say with the right coaching he could be our best true defensive center since Deke. Not in the same class but I see him averaging marginal points but huge with his boards. More like a Tree Rollins. Almost a complete waste offensively but could set a tone defensively.

Hope you are right.  I'd rate the best defensive players at center for us since Deke as:

Al Horford and Theo Ratliff

If you don't consider them "true defensive center(s)" then it is slim pickings for us.  Zaza?  Antic?

Dwight Howard was a mixed bag since he gave up a lot with his limited mobility but grabbed the boards you would want from a true big man.

I am hoping that, in much more limited minutes (at least as I expect his minutes to shake out vis-a-vis the minutes Dwight played), Len puts up Dwight type rebounding and blocking per minute numbers while being better able to defend PnR scenarios.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 11:59 AM, Spud2nique said:

When you have a small facilitator like Trae on ur roster and as a main focus of your offense, you need a big dude like Len, even if his game doesn’t fit the big man 3 point shooting style. You need him to shake off defenders with screens, get in the paint and rebound misses and just be an overall security guard type for Trae.

I like what Len is doing for us. You need one of two of these dudes on ur squad. Balance is the name of the game.

If we want Trae to be come an efficient scorer, he is going to need some serious screens. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If we want Trae to be come an efficient scorer, he is going to need some serious screens. 

Oh for sure. His man better look forward to the smell of Len, Spellman, Dedmon crotch for 48 minutes. (Ok 35 minutes..) ? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AHF said:

Hope you are right.  I'd rate the best defensive players at center for us since Deke as:

Al Horford and Theo Ratliff

If you don't consider them "true defensive center(s)" then it is slim pickings for us.  Zaza?  Antic?

Dwight Howard was a mixed bag since he gave up a lot with his limited mobility but grabbed the boards you would want from a true big man.

I am hoping that, in much more limited minutes (at least as I expect his minutes to shake out vis-a-vis the minutes Dwight played), Len puts up Dwight type rebounding and blocking per minute numbers while being better able to defend PnR scenarios.

I like your whole last paragraph and that is what I am hoping for also. Matching D12's numbers while being much more mobile. Len shoots 71% from the FT Line also; so not taking him out in the 4th quarter because we have to.

I think the Suns blew it with the Morris twins. They signed both of them for what one will get in free agency. I am hoping they blew it on at least a similar scale with Len.