• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Alex Len have any upside?

Wurider05

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m tryna tell y’all Len ain’t no slouch man. 

He played very well for us when Desmond was not ready to start and he kept it up even in limited minutes.

The one knock is people say he can’t play defense, I think we have to see if we can develop that part of his game  

I have been this guy's biggest defender on this board. He gets no respect here and is always overlooked. He was playing extremely well the last quarter of the season last year. 

I stand by my statement that he will surprise everyone this year. Book it!

• Like 4

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

16 and 7 if he gets 30 minutes. Luckily with Collins, Hunter, Huerter, and Trae, rebounding can be a team effort.

His career per 30 rebounding number is 9.5 so I'd expect him to do considerably better than 7 rebounds per 30.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

I have been this guy's biggest defender on this board. He gets no respect here and is always overlooked. He was playing extremely well the last quarter of the season last year. 

I stand by my statement that he will surprise everyone this year. Book it!

I liked Len way back when he was 1st drafted by the Suns. But in typical Suns fashion they kept chasing other centers instead of what they needed with a PG and a SF. Len was drafted 5th overall to sit behind Tyson Chandler and his playing time situation never got any better there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

His career per 30 rebounding number is 9.5 so I'd expect him to do considerably better than 7 rebounds per 30.

I know his pers are better but I also know we have him playing outside a lot; and John gobbles up everything in sight as well.

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I liked Len way back when he was 1st drafted by the Suns. But in typical Suns fashion they kept chasing other centers instead of what they needed with a PG and a SF. Len was drafted 5th overall to sit behind Tyson Chandler and his playing time situation never got any better there.

Exactly! Let's be honest and call it what it was shall we? It was SHIT situation for the guy. His confidence most likely took a huge hit in that crap organization.

He likes it here. He is comfortable here and can relax while improving his game. He is a very good center for today's game and fits in well with everyone here.

Edited by IheartVolt
  • Like 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I know his pers are better but I also know we have him playing outside a lot; and John gobbles up everything in sight as well.

Collins gobbling everything up is the best explanation I can get for that but even last year Len basically averaged 8 rp30 (and his offensive rebounds were right on his career average; it was defensive rebounding where he dropped off).  I'd be surprised to see it that low.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

18/9 in 30mins/nt for Len starting this season, 40% from 3

And ole Olenskiy is 7’1 255lbs with a 7’4 wingspan and just turned 26 a few weeks ago. Has been given the lone starting job and will crush it this year. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I love your enthusiasm and hope it pans out!

I don’t consider it enthusiasm, just extrapolated projection with 30 starting minutes.

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

I don’t consider it enthusiasm, just extrapolated projection with 30 starting minutes.

I took his best month in March, excluding the 5 games in April, and that projects to 18.3 and 7.5 in 30 minutes. He really could shock a lot of people to start the season.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m tryna tell y’all Len ain’t no slouch man. 

He played very well for us when Desmond was not ready to start and he kept it up even in limited minutes.

The one knock is people say he can’t play defense, I think we have to see if we can develop that part of his game  

One knock? How about his hands and finishing? Dude is an all star highlight killer! Imagine what Trae's rookie season reel would look like if Len didn't bomb a huge grip of his best plays smh Trae would do some other world ish only for Len to bobble the ball or miss a bunny at the rim

Edited by Cwell
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Cwell said:

One knock? How about his hands and finishing? Dude is an all star highlight killer! Imagine what Trae's rookie season reel would look like if Len didn't bomb a huge grip of his best plays smh Trae would do some other world ish only for Len to bobble the ball or miss a bunny at the rim

Yeah, could definitely use some softening of those stone hands. Hopefully lots of hand/eye coordination drills underway 👏🏽 

• Like 2