• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Alex Len have any upside?

Wurider05

35 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Nope...Posters are claiming Len is an All star center that will be traded away to pave the way for Bruno, Reddish basically Rookie of the year, Bruno a starting center, and the Hawks will win 50 games this year.  The message board has become difficult to take seriously.

Not everyone who has posted in this thread and the Reddish one sees things the same.

I think Len is going to be legit but not a all-star. Hunter will be the opening day starter. Cam and Bruno have some work to do. We added solid depth with Parker, Turner, Crabbe, Jones. Parsons is a question mark for me.

8 - 10th seed is as good as we get this season.

• Thanks 1

Can’t lump me with the over-enthusiastic hyperbolists. I’m referring specifically to Len, the topic of this thread, and his actual nimbers. If he was putting up 21/11 in the games he played 30 or more minutes in last year, was averaging over 14 and 6 shooting 41% from 3 in only 23 minutes after the All-Star break, and ended up the season posting 19/7 in 26 minutes, it’s perfectly  logical to deduce (in the absence of Dedmon) he’ll be the primary starter logging close to 30 minutes averaging in the vicinity of 18/9. His production last season points to it, it’s not fantasizing. The trade deadline thinking relates to his having an expiring contract and a very promising prospect behind him. If Bruno, known as a VERY fast learner/hard worker, comes along nicely as expected, it’s perfectly reasonable to expect Len to possibly moved at the deadline, that’s not fantasy. On the other hand, if Bruno needs more seasoning, I’d be all for re-signing/extending Len if he’s putting up 18/9 in that scenario.  It rocket surgery, far fetched, hard to understand 🚀 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

My prediction for Len is that he averages 27 mpg to go with 14 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.

Very reasonable, although just a tad conservative. I’m sticking with 3 more minutes, 4 more points, and 1.5 more rebounds specifically based on last year’s nimbers, the departure of Dedmon, and the unknowns in Jones/Fernando. Again, reasonable projection though. My thoughts if 27 mins: 16/8

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, hazer said:

*It’s not rocket surgery, far fetched, or hard to understand 🚀 

Fixed

He has to get back to the shot blocking form he showed in his second season (1.5 in 22). He doesn’t turn over which is great.  He’s a better team passer than 1 assist per suggests but that’s still paltry as f.  He can have big offensive rebounding nights which is very welcome after years of #Budball (how many teams finish 1st in defensive rebounding yet 25th in offensive like the ‘19 Bucks?).  I had to do a double take when I saw he committed 29 offensive fouls without drawing a single one.  That’s awful.  That said I like dude a lot but still ain’t looking forward to 30 minutes.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

He has to get back to the shot blocking form he showed in his second season (1.5 in 22). He doesn’t turn over which is great.  He’s a better team passer than 1 assist per suggests but that’s still paltry as f.  He can have big offensive rebounding nights which is very welcome after years of #Budball (how many teams finish 1st in defensive rebounding yet 25th in offensive like the ‘19 Bucks?).  I had to do a double take when I saw he committed 29 offensive fouls without drawing a single one.  That’s awful.  That said I like dude a lot but still ain’t looking forward to 30 minutes.

With our team and the way it is structured offensively, we just need someone who will not be a negative. We also need him to be a good teammate. Len had his best offensive box plus minus last season with a -0.10. If he can get his DBPM back to were it was in 2016/17 ( +1.3 ) we will be good.

Trae, Huerter, Collins, Hunter etc need to do their part as well; and they have much larger roles in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

He got more comfortable with the corner three late, .378 overall from there is a damn nice clip for a 5.

I love that we have so many young talented players tied to Trae.  The team’s improvement curve is the same as his.  Traes anticipatory and live floor scouting skills are so advanced, as a teammate just staying a step ahead can cover up individual flaws.  On offense that is lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

He got more comfortable with the corner three late, .378 overall from there is a damn nice clip for a 5.

I love that we have so many young talented players tied to Trae.  The team’s improvement curve is the same as his.  Traes anticipatory and live floor scouting skills are so advanced, as a teammate just staying a step ahead can cover up individual flaws.  On offense that is lol.

Yes yes and yes. Which is why I said that Trae is going to unlock Damian Jones who will be better than Len. That’s just my prediction but according to roster depths all across the internet they have Len starting. I do agree he was insanely hitting that corner three with consistency to finish out the year.

Trae does. He really does get 💯 out of his teammates from his wisdom and timing on the floor. It’s a thing of beauty. Good lookin out Benny. Man, I missed ur a$$. Thought we lost ya between the midnight 🕛 and San Francisco..Or did we think 🤔 you left ur heart 💜 out in SF..oaktown.. whatever it’s good to have ur 🧠 with our brass. 😉 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think Len averages 30 minutes a game, he had 6 games or so over 30 minutes last season, even Dedmon didn't average 30.

At the pace we play, I think he loose his effectiveness with too many minutes.

I think he gets between 25-28 minutes per game.

22? (Spits on 🖐) 🤝?

-Borat

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 7/18/2019 at 4:20 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m tryna tell y’all Len ain’t no slouch man. 

He played very well for us when Desmond was not ready to start and he kept it up even in limited minutes.

The one knock is people say he can’t play defense, I think we have to see if we can develop that part of his game  

On 7/18/2019 at 8:24 PM, Cwell said:

One knock? How about his hands and finishing? Dude is an all star highlight killer! Imagine what Trae's rookie season reel would look like if Len didn't bomb a huge grip of his best plays smh Trae would do some other world ish only for Len to bobble the ball or miss a bunny at the rim

On 7/18/2019 at 8:42 PM, hazer said:

Yeah, could definitely use some softening of those stone hands. Hopefully lots of hand/eye coordination drills underway 👏🏽 

Plays like these he has to finish better... TraeVision, the anticipation, the angle and the delivery....EXCEPTIONAL. Right in the hands....Len missed the bunny!! Sigh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I like Len, I liked since the first moment we signed him, huge upgrade on backup Center, on fact on some portions of the season he was even better than Dedmon. Now he is set to be the starter, I am afraid we would make a mistake if we make a prediction only based on his late outburst. Len is known as slow starter, he always make a run at the end of the season leaving some hope for next season but then he always start slow. That has been th history on fantasy basketball for years, they are not hyping him anymore. The other history with Len is injuries and durability, we were lucky last year due to smart minutes management but if you are playing him more than 30mpg he will not play 60 games.

Considering that I am predicting 25mpg, 12,5 ppg, 6,5rpg, 1bpg for next season, still there would be 23 mpg to be shared for Bruno and Jones and we will see how is his durability with that 23-25mpg.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 3

On 7/19/2019 at 1:45 AM, hazer said:

Max out his trade value by the deadline while developing Bruno. If Len is putting up anywhere close to 18/9/40% in 30 mins at that juncture, somebody in striking distance of the conference finals with a gimpy C will be all over that. 

If Len put up those numbers, we'd be foolish to trade him.  Not even Al Horford has ever done that offensively.

• Like 2