• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud & Baze Together Again

sturt

• Premium Member

2018-10-02_0932.png

Why MIL does it
Not completely sure, to be honest... all I know is that there was a report that MIL had interest in Baze a few weeks ago

My impression is that neither Henson nor Delly are regarded as being worth the money/years that are on their books, so only real sacrifice is the 1st rd pick

Why PHX does it
No NBA experienced starting quality PG on the roster right now... seems everyone has a new idea for getting one to them, so why not?

Arthur's regard in PHX is even less than what Henson's is in MIL, so only real sacrifice is the 2nd rd pick

Why ATL does it

Take on some not-terrible-not-good contracts, for draft picks... it's just what we do, right?

Could use another PF body anyhow--roster is heavily weighted with SG sized wings

Trade would necessarily happen before the reduction from 20 roster slots to 15, allowing ATL to cut either Henson or Arthur... or maybe another wing like Daniel Hamilton (but probably not, because of his youth).

And.

I can't believe this forum went almost 3 months without a single new trade being proposed, can you? That's gotta be a record, no???

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, sturt said:

2018-10-02_0932.png

Why MIL does it
Not completely sure, to be honest... all I know is that there was a report that MIL had interest in Baze a few weeks ago

My impression is that neither Henson nor Delly are regarded as being worth the money/years that are on their books, so only real sacrifice is the 1st rd pick

Why PHX does it
No NBA experienced starting quality PG on the roster right now... seems everyone has a new idea for getting one to them, so why not?

Arthur's regard in PHX is even less than what Henson's is in MIL, so only real sacrifice is the 2nd rd pick

Why ATL does it

Take on some not-terrible-not-good contracts, for draft picks... it's just what we do, right?

Could use another PF body anyhow--roster is heavily weighted with SG sized wings

Trade would necessarily happen before the reduction from 20 roster slots to 15, allowing ATL to cut either Henson or Arthur... or maybe another wing like Daniel Hamilton (but probably not, because of his youth).

And.

I can't believe this forum went almost 3 months without a single new trade being proposed, can you? That's gotta be a record, no???

Bucks owe Phoenix a 1st round pick from the Bledsoe deal, protected in 2019 and 2020, unprotected in 2021, then add in the consecutive years rule....they can't offer a 1st until 2023.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bucks owe Phoenix a 1st round pick from the Bledsoe deal, protected in 2019 and 2020, unprotected in 2021, then add in the consecutive years rule....they can't offer a 1st until 2023.

Actually, it does impact their PHX deal, but not in the way you're saying.

That is, there is nothing to keep us from acquiring the 17-30 slots in 2019 while PHX gets claim to 4-16.

However, I believe it's correct that, if we get the 17-30, PHX can't get the MIL 2020 pick... so point is still well-taken that this would require PHX and MIL to reconfigure things for 2020 in some way... probably just push the rest of their arrangement back one year.

4 hours ago, sturt said:

Um. And we did. You get that, no? :)

Ohhhh riiight right you said draft picks. Ya, I can dig that. The thing is we have a ton of draft picks in the next few years. I mean you can always flip picks for other assets no doubt. I guess I could but I do also like the value of professionalism and experience the Gaze brings to the table for these young guys, pun intended. 

We are obviously playing for the future but vets like Baze and Carter and these guys add a ton of wisdom to our guys who happen to be guards mentoring guards. I suppose I wouldn’t mind Arthur mentoring Spellman. Baze is growing on me like it’s nobodys business. I know, I don’t know how it happened. It’s like explaining how @kg01 fell in love with that stripper. Timing perhaps?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Baze is growing on me like it’s nobodys business. I know, I don’t know how it happened. It’s like explaining how @kg01 fell in love with that stripper. Timing perhaps?

Lets seeeeeeeeeee... Baze is growing on you like a stripper, and you're giving @kg01 the benefit of a doubt that it's just "timing" that drew him to fall in love.

Who are you and what did you do with S2N?

OH... and the trade appears to be happening any moment now... Hawks made room on the 20-man by cutting Aldrich. :)

Adding another 2019 1st rounder ought to offer a ton of flexibility to maneuver as desired, no?

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Lets seeeeeeeeeee... Baze is growing on you like a stripper, and you're giving @kg01 the benefit of a doubt that it's just "timing" that drew him to fall in love.

OH... and the trade appears to be happening any moment now... Hawks made room on the 20-man by cutting Aldrich. :)

Adding another 2019 1st rounder ought to offer a ton of flexibility to maneuver as desired, no?

? I try to give kg the benefit of the doubt stripper ❤️ or not... I’m hoping to gather and regroup for the start of the regular season. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sturt said:

Listen guys, what I have with that stripper isn't love ... it's destiny.  No really, her name is Destini.

Of course, per stripper etiquette, the name ends in 'i'.

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

? I try to give kg the benefit of the doubt stripper ❤️ or not... I’m hoping to gather and regroup for the start of the regular season. 

C'mon mayne.  This feels like a journeyman playing summer league for the 8th straight year, getting buckets but getting cut in the regular season.  You're better than this, spud.  Now hit the practice court and do some suicides .... wait, I didn't say commit sui ... put the gun down, spud!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...