• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 -19 - Anything But Hawks Thread!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Besides the Hawks, what interesting story lines will peak your interest atound the Association this season? This is my list:

I'm interested in the 'They are no longer Hawks' group.

1. Bud in Milwaukee

2. Dennis in OKC

3. Muscala in Philly.

4. Pick watch is on: Mavs and Cavs

5. Then I'm looking at teams that will need the services of Bazemore, Dedmon and Lin.

6. In a wide open East: who takes the top spot - my contenders are Bucks, Celtic, Raptors. Philly with an outside shot. In the West - the drama in MinnySoCold and all the Spurs injuries(will they tank?). Who takes the top spot Rockets or Warriors?

I have been high on Milwaukee for a couple seasons now.  It’s only getting there now.  I think the east will be very interesting and competitive this season.  No single team save for Boston is better than the rest.  

Tatum makes Brown and Hayward expendable for Anthony Davis deals.  Outside of his horrible shoes I could watch that kid all day.

Out the gate Dennis with a career high in rebounds (9) with a block (!) and 2 steals, arguably better than any defensive performance he’s had as a starter with the Hawks.  You wouldn’t know it by Curry’s 32-8-9 but Dennis looked good spinning off screens and guarding off ball.  4 fouls illustrate way more contact than he’s accustomed to although NBA officiating can be ridiculous.

I rag on Donovan but it’s clear he’s gonna push Dennis defensively much more than Bud did: his length and quickeness have to be utilized.  His offensive warts don’t seem magnified playing alongside a dynamic player like George.

• Moderators

Personally, I have no interest in the NBA outside of the Hawks and Pistons.  Too many divas and drama anymore. Plus, the league is too top-heavy.  I can watch any football game because the NFL and some college games are usually highly competitive, but unless you are the Rockets, Warriors, or Celtics, you have zero chance at winning an NBA title.

• Moderators

Most likely the Celts, Raps, Indy, sixers, bucks will make up the top 5 of the conference.  I'm interested who will be the other 3.  The rest of the conference kind of sucks.  I'm guessing Miami and Wiz but who is 8?  Pistons?  Who will even be trying?

All of the top rookies.  I think picks 1 - 9 could be significant contributors this season.   Normally, it's one guy who turns out to be a complete bust in the Top 5.  This year may be the exception.

The Lakers with Lebron.  Can that team become one of the top 4 in the West?

Cleveland without Lebron.  Will they completely suck, or be like the Bulls in 1994 - 95 without Jordan ( who still won 55 games ).

The league in general.  Being in the Hawkaquawk fantasy bball league will definitely have me paying even more attention to everyone around the league.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Schröder, an inefficient volume-shooting scorer in Atlanta, has opened his Thunder career 14-for-50 from the floor, emboldening opponents to go under screens until he can make them pay for it.

No surprise.

But why is Billy Donovan still the coach?

• Like 2

• Admin
On 10/15/2018 at 5:22 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Besides the Hawks, what interesting story lines will peak your interest atound the Association this season? This is my list:

I'm interested in the 'They are no longer Hawks' group.

1. Bud in Milwaukee

2. Dennis in OKC

3. Muscala in Philly.

4. Pick watch is on: Mavs and Cavs

5. Then I'm looking at teams that will need the services of Bazemore, Dedmon and Lin.

6. In a wide open East: who takes the top spot - my contenders are Bucks, Celtic, Raptors. Philly with an outside shot. In the West - the drama in MinnySoCold and all the Spurs injuries(will they tank?). Who takes the top spot Rockets or Warriors?

If last night says anything ... we are def not getting that Cavs pick

• Admin
On 10/17/2018 at 1:13 AM, benhillboy said:

Tatum makes Brown and Hayward expendable for Anthony Davis deals.  Outside of his horrible shoes I could watch that kid all day.

They also have potentially a top 2 - 5 pick next year ... they will get a replacement swingman

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I are confused.  Selltics just lost to Orlando.  Doesn't jibe with eggsperts' expecting them to go 83-0 and sweep the Warriors.  Are they sandbagging to make it not look too obvious?

Lol the Celtics are hot garbage. I’m a little upset that Adam Silver has turned the league into a 151-150 game being the norm...that’s dumb as hell im sorry. We had like one of those in the entire 80’s decade it was the Pistons at the Nuggets if I recall correctly like 163-160 or something but now this being a nightly occurrence stinks. Just sayin.

McHale and Webber making points I hope bear out.  The Spurs are running a heavy mid-range and post attack with the curls and handoffs mixed in with Aldridge and DeRozan dominating between those areas.  They said most players in the league don’t know how to defend those areas, leading to more fouls, and it made sense.  Of course heavy three point shooting is here to stay but will the trend shift back to traditional all-court play sooner than later?

9 hours ago, benhillboy said:

McHale and Webber making points I hope bear out.  The Spurs are running a heavy mid-range and post attack with the curls and handoffs mixed in with Aldridge and DeRozan dominating between those areas.  They said most players in the league don’t know how to defend those areas, leading to more fouls, and it made sense.  Of course heavy three point shooting is here to stay but will the trend shift back to traditional all-court play sooner than later?

We are built right now for this pssy ball to continue with our outside bombers and perimeter guys but honestly I’m not a fan of teams scoring more than 120 a night. Let’s play some frickin D people this is too damn soft.

• Like 4

Although early Denver and Boston are showing that attention to detail on the defensive end can still hold opponents under 100.  GS, Memphis, and Indiana in the next tier with respectable numbers.  Luke Walton “didn’t save his money” and called out the ridiculousness of today’s foul officiating and had a great point.  I have to question my fandom of the NBA on every three point flop call.

39 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Although early Denver and Boston are showing that attention to detail on the defensive end can still hold opponents under 100.  GS, Memphis, and Indiana in the next tier with respectable numbers.  Luke Walton “didn’t save his money” and called out the ridiculousness of today’s foul officiating and had a great point.  I have to question my fandom of the NBA on every three point flop call.

I think most basketball fans would agree the game ridiculous right now.  Most people who like basketball (NBA) are probably just fans of offense and points.  Big difference between basketball fans and NBA fans.