• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- The Season-Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's graphing offensive points added to defensive points added.  It shows that for one game, the only player who was positive in both categories is Omari Spellman.  Sample size issue alert here.  This will become more detailed as the season goes along.

27 minutes ago, High5 said:

Basically close to the top means you played good defense (according to this stat), close to the bottom means you played bad defense. Close to the right means good offense and close to the left means bad offense. Bembry was our best defender and worst offensive player (again, according to this stat). Omari was the only player positive on both ends. 

:approved:

3 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Somebody needs to take charge.  I sort of feared this feeling out with Baze, Prince, and TY.  They need to figure out who is lead dog and run with it.  When JC comes back I expect him and Prince to handle this.

Baze needs to come off the bench..He wont even be here longterm. ..

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Prince does a lot of 'peeking in the backfield' (to use a football term) and gets burnt from.doing see. He doesn't have good defensive posture at all.

Im not high on this dude at all. Im trying, but I just cant get there. Trae/Collins are my only two must keepers on the roster for the rebuild..

Just now, terrell said:

Im not high on this dude at all. Im trying, but I just cant get there. Trae/Collins are my only two must keepers on the roster for the rebuild..

And Spellman....All of which are Schlenk' guys..

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

His defensive posture is terrible and he gambled too much.

3 hours ago, Flight said:

Definitely feel like we’re gonna be a lot better once JC and Dedmon are back. I feel like our defense isn’t this bad in general lol.

Dedmon is an average defender at best, and JC is a 2nd year player who still does not understand defense.  They aren't going to make that much of a difference defensively.  This is going to be a historically bad defensive team.

9 hours ago, KB21 said:

Dedmon is an average defender at best, and JC is a 2nd year player who still does not understand defense.  They aren't going to make that much of a difference defensively.  This is going to be a historically bad defensive team.

It will be due to pace but if the effort is there and we play our style of defense which is a swarming style like we did v. Miami. We should be fine. 

• Premium Member

This is a great breakdown of the Hawks TOs in game one.  What this shows is that the person with the ball is not ALWAYS the cause of the actual turnover but mistimed, wrong reads by teammates.

Correctable mistakes that gets better the more they play together.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 0:21 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

On another note:

What'd you all think about the sneaker craze?

Personally, I love the idea! I'm always interested in figuring out the back story of the design.

I love these shoes. Loved the sneakers ? kicks whatever from 90’s with the flights and Jordan’s and even Hakeem’s LA gears but Trae got some sick ones for sure.

On 10/18/2018 at 0:06 AM, KB21 said:

You do know what credible means, don't you?  Because I don't see anyone on here more credible than I am when it comes to the Hawks.  Everything that I have said about them and this process has been proven to be true.  Don't forget that I was the one that told you that tanking was going to cost this team Mike Budenholzer, and I'm also the one that told you the team was drafting Trae Young and Kevin Huerter well before the draft.

I know all about credible. You didn’t tell me nothing son, here’s me early June calling the Trae pick. You’ll note: called the trade with Dallas too ?