• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- The Season-Opener!

lethalweapon3

11 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Lack of chemistry is something to take into account. Baze and Prince are the only starters playing tonight from last year.

Nah man.  Ya'll keep that same energy ya'll had before this game started.   There is no lack of chemistry.  This team actually looked halfway decent in the preseason.   You got a few players feeling themselves, thinking they're the stars of the team, when their offensive skill set says that they're not.

Meanwhile, the turnovers and defensive effort was about as piss poor as I've ever seen from a Hawks team.

Everyone should expect much better play in the 2nd half.

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

I know it's still early but i'm just not seeing it with coach Pierce. The guys look beyond lost on both ends of the floor

Omg seriously? lol. This team is learning. Not to mention, Rookie HC. Rookie pg..Best player hurt..Baze starting. etc..........

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, DBac said:

Pierce message at the half just needs to be calm down lol. So many frustration fouls on defense, frustration shots on offense, everybody pressing.

It should be apparent that we are a very bad team though.

How many fouls did we get battling for a defensive rebound? At least 5.

• Moderators

OLD record for points by a Hawks opponent in a quarter: 45!

Portland in 1976, Indiana in 1993. Bill Walton might have been playing both seasons, lol

(edit: source is the new Media Guide, feel free to peruse if you're looking for a rabbit hole to go down right now!)

https://atlantahawkspr.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/1819_hwk_pr_media-guide.pdf

~lw3

Trae started to get lazy with his shot selection. He plays like he’s asleep at times defensively. I do think he will eventually be an elite playmaker in the league. He’s got to take more good shots. He’s not forcing defenders to help on him. They just wait for the pass.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

More TOs (11) than assists (9). 2/12 from 3 and PUTRID defense _ gave up 49 point in 2nd quarter. 

On the bright side: 11/11 from the free throw line @Gray Mule will be pleased.

Damn - Prince has 5 of those TOs. No goody.